Protrader V3

TraderDesk
Trader

Protrader V3

Post by TraderDesk »

I am trying out Protrader V3 from PFsoft and I really really like it. I imported a lot of my indicators from Empty4 with no problem and it allows me to customize my setup however I want. I especially like the using the Market Depth that they have with the LMAX feed... Their site is www.protrader.com

Can we set up a separate sub-forum for Protrader as well?
TraderDesk
phil_trade

Re: Protrader V3

Post by phil_trade »

TraderDesk wrote:I am trying out Protrader V3 from PFsoft and I really really like it. I imported a lot of my indicators from Empty4 with no problem and it allows me to customize my setup however I want. I especially like the using the Market Depth that they have with the LMAX feed... Their site is http://www.protrader.com

I imported a lot of my indicators from Empty4 with no problem
Hi

what do you mean by "imported" ? Automatic conversion ?

Philippe
TraderDesk
Trader

Post by TraderDesk »

phil_trade wrote:
TraderDesk wrote:I am trying out Protrader V3 from PFsoft and I really really like it. I imported a lot of my indicators from Empty4 with no problem and it allows me to customize my setup however I want. I especially like the using the Market Depth that they have with the LMAX feed... Their site is http://www.protrader.com

I imported a lot of my indicators from Empty4 with no problem
Hi

what do you mean by "imported" ? Automatic conversion ?

Philippe
Yes... I would just import the MQL file and it would work... For example I would click add indicator on the chart. A list of indicators will come up as well as a menu box that said Import. I would click on Import and I picked a MQL indicator file and it would do the conversion automatically.... Works for me really well....
TraderDesk
phil_trade

Post by phil_trade »

Waoo !

Just 5 minutes after creating a demo account, I have imported TMAslope... and the value are accurate !

a lot of work to learn this new software...but some beautiful promises !
TraderDesk
Trader

Post by TraderDesk »

phil_trade wrote:Waoo !

Just 5 minutes after creating a demo account, I have imported TMAslope... and the value are accurate !

a lot of work to learn this new software...but some beautiful promises !
That is how I felt as well.... Also I was told that they will come out with a Visual Adviser in a few weeks that will allow me to do things that EA's do without knowing how to be a programmer... Can't wait.... :)
TraderDesk
garyfritz

Post by garyfritz »

Hm. If it can directly import MQL, that almost certainly means they implement the braindead Empty4 indicator semantics -- which makes it almost impossible to write non-repainting indicators, etc. That's unfortunate.
phil_trade

Post by phil_trade »

garyfritz wrote:Hm. If it can directly import MQL, that almost certainly means they implement the braindead Empty4 indicator semantics -- which makes it almost impossible to write non-repainting indicators, etc. That's unfortunate.
How can we see / detect that ? Of course data feed are different.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
garyfritz

Post by garyfritz »

Hm, I would guess that TMASlope indi *does* repaint -- since it turns precisely where the market turns. (Does it have an ignoreFuture or similar input?)

Since the ProTrader values are the same, that would indicate it's repainting. Which I would have expected. I don't see how you could import MQL without providing the same (flawed) execution environment.
phil_trade

Post by phil_trade »

garyfritz wrote:Hm, I would guess that TMASlope indi *does* repaint -- since it turns precisely where the market turns. (Does it have an ignoreFuture or similar input?)

Since the ProTrader values are the same, that would indicate it's repainting. Which I would have expected. I don't see how you could import MQL without providing the same (flawed) execution environment.
Yes, it's a modified GetSlope() with only TMAtrue

Empty4 code

Code: Select all

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| GetSlope()                                                       |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
double GetSlope(string symbol, int tf, int shift)
{
   int shiftWithoutSunday = shift;
   if ( addSundayToMonday && sundayCandlesDetected && tf == PERIOD_D1 )
   {
      if ( TimeDayOfWeek( iTime( symbol, PERIOD_D1, shift ) ) == 0  ) shiftWithoutSunday++;
   }   
   double atr = iATR(symbol, tf, 100, shiftWithoutSunday + 10) / 10;
   double gadblSlope = 0.0;
   if ( atr != 0 )
   {
      double dblTma = calcTmaTrue( symbol, tf, shiftWithoutSunday );
      double dblPrev = calcPrevTrue( symbol, tf, shiftWithoutSunday );
      gadblSlope = ( dblTma - dblPrev ) / atr;
   }

return ( gadblSlope );

}//End double GetSlope(int tf, int shift)
ProTrader Code

Code: Select all

double GetSlope(string symbol, int tf, int shift)
{
   int shiftWithoutSunday = shift;
   if ( addSundayToMonday && sundayCandlesDetected && tf == PERIOD_D1 )
   {
      if ( TimeDayOfWeek( iTime( symbol, PERIOD_D1, shift ) ) == 0  ) shiftWithoutSunday++;
   }   
   double atr = iATR(symbol, tf, 100, shiftWithoutSunday + 10) / 10;
   double gadblSlope = 0.0;
   if ( atr != 0 )
   {
      double dblTma = calcTmaTrue( symbol, tf, shiftWithoutSunday );
      double dblPrev = calcPrevTrue( symbol, tf, shiftWithoutSunday );
      gadblSlope = ( dblTma - dblPrev ) / atr;
   }

return ( gadblSlope );

}//End double GetSlope(int tf, int shift)
ProTrader show the exact MQL code...so I guess it doesn't repaint !
phil_trade

Post by phil_trade »

on the paper, ProTrader seems to be great : I only find AlgoStudio 2 feature and I'm waiting for support answer for algo 3, but a lot of things to be happy, no ? ;)

AlgoStudio is a programming environment for AlgoTraders. It is an integral part of the all-in-one
Protrader 2 platform.
• Main Features:
• The ability to create indicators, strategies (Expert Advisors) and scripts (macros),
• Support for programming languages MQL4 and C# (.NET platform),
• The History Data Manager tool for creating customized instruments or importing data from
different sources,
• The capability to perform backtesting on custom historical data or data provided by a broker,
Backtesting of single instruments or multiple instruments simultaenously,• The possibility to backtest multilple time intervals (support for non-standard time intervals
such as M7, H3, D5, etc.),
• The possibility to backtest all chart types available on the platform Protrader 2 (Renko, 3 Line
Break, Kagi, Price Range, etc.),
Strategy testing in ticks, minute, or daily data,
• The possibility to test strategies at Bid, Ask, and Trade prices,
• Two strategy testing modes: with visualization or without visualization,
• Two emulation types: one position or multiple positions,
Capability to use functions that provide access to Level II,
• Strategy optimization tool,
• Plain text and graphic reports,
• Editor with IntelliSense support,
• Dictionary with a list of all availabile functions in AlgoStudio,
Debugger,
• The Profiler tool for strategy analysis and effeciency,
• A tool for importing and exporting parameters of testing strategies.

Return to “Protrader”