General EA problems

Your basic questions about running EA's
tomele
Administrator

General EA problems

Post by tomele »

PM me the EA and I will have a look
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
andwen
Trader

General EA problems

Post by andwen »

Hi Thomas

forgot all about this and its seems to have gone away...... :arrrg: so who knows, onward and upward.

Not sure where to ask this question so will try here.

I have a live a/c which has existing trades on it, manually placed. The a/c is 25% in DD. Most of these trades will eventually recover as I have proven to myself they will but it is a question of when ?????

I was hoping to put SPB on the a/c as my demos etc have all been going ok.

Q. Will SPB have any impact on existing trades currently running?? In other words it may see the a/c in drawdown and close everything, which I do not want to have happen, then the EA starts trading from scratch.

Was thinking SPB could slowly bring the a/c but into the black as it has done on all my demos, no guarantees of course......

Thanks

Andrew
PeterUK
Trader

General EA problems

Post by PeterUK »

Hi Andrew,

Depeneds on what you set with the magicnumber... if you want the EA to take over, make sure the magic number match between EA and active trades, delete the pending trades if appropriate. I did something similar when moving from POS to SPB :D

You can see what magic number active trades are assigned to by hovering over the comment...

Peter
Knowledge owned is Pointless. Knowledge Shared is Priceless!
andwen
Trader

General EA problems

Post by andwen »

Hi Peter.

Thanks for your assistance. Want the EA to do its own thing but ignore my manually placed trades.

Cheers

Andrew
Wavegarrick
Trader

General EA problems

Post by Wavegarrick »

Hi Andrew,

Your manual trades would be associated with the magic number 0 (Zero). If you load SPB on your live account you must allocate a different magic number, other than 0 and it should not interfere with your manual trades.

Hope this helps

Cheers
andwen
Trader

General EA problems

Post by andwen »

Hi Leon.

Thanks for your advice. Setup SPB with its own magic number. Loaded last night all good.

Nice to know manual trades have a zero number.

Regards

Andrew
MaciejTaf

General EA problems

Post by MaciejTaf »

Hello,

I have not been to this forum since 2014, I have an old MarcelloT account, but I do not remember the password ... I have a question - after downloading ea and transferring to the expert folder, ea after opening Empty4 does not appear on the chart? what error do I make? something changed after 4 years? thanks, M

2018.11.12 12:22:25.686 cannot open file 'C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\977DAA59FB4CDBA569AB3A0248922121\MQL4\Experts\Slopey Peaky Bob.ex4' [2]
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

General EA problems

Post by SteveHopwood »

MaciejTaf » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:02 am wrote:Hello,

I have not been to this forum since 2014, I have an old MarcelloT account, but I do not remember the password ... I have a question - after downloading ea and transferring to the expert folder, ea after opening Empty4 does not appear on the chart? what error do I make? something changed after 4 years? thanks, M

2018.11.12 12:22:25.686 cannot open file 'C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\977DAA59FB4CDBA569AB3A0248922121\MQL4\Experts\Slopey Peaky Bob.ex4' [2]
Everything has changed in four years.

Delete everything and start again.

You may care to consider the number of your posts that have been deleted since you came back - and not necessarily by me. Best not to annoy the rest of us too much, or I will ban you. Unless you annoy one of the less patient mods here, when they will get in first.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Automated trading (Rookies)”