Trend Trading EA with Automated Loss Recovery

Post your EA's using ALR here
SpiderX
Trader

Post by SpiderX »

moncsicsi78 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:59 am wrote: Thanks!

I thought about GAP, too... Maybe it caused the problem, but it is a big problam at the moment.

Ok...figured out a possible way to deal with GAP ...will work on it through the week...stay tuned.

Cheers
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
-Corinthians 13:4-8
moncsicsi78

Post by moncsicsi78 »

SpiderX » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:13 am wrote:

I thought about GAP, too... Maybe it caused the problem, but it is a big problam at the moment.

Ok...figured out a possible way to deal with GAP ...will work on it through the week...stay tuned.

Cheers
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Fibotrend
Trader

Post by Fibotrend »

SpiderX » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:13 am wrote:

Cheers

Just missed this on EU earlier today :mrgreen:

I'm testing ALR2, all good so far. I'll post the result later. Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
savasava

Post by savasava »

Is it possible to add the code for a hidden TP and SL?

Cheers
moncsicsi78

Post by moncsicsi78 »

SpiderX » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:13 am wrote:

Cheers
I think I managed to realize the porblem mentioned above (earlier).
The EA opens just 9 ALR trade -in spite of I set the number Max ALR positions is a big number (200).
See the picture attached below!
problem with alr.PNG
However, it can open more than 9 positions... I checked it out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kvhutch
Trader

Trend Trading EA with Automated Loss Recovery - A REVIEW

Post by kvhutch »

Been a little while since we had an update on usage of ALR II. Most of us have been testing it for at least a couple of months or more now - would be good to hear your stories.

For myself, been testing in demo since August:
1. No issues at all in running the EA - has worked exactly as expected with lots corresponding correctly to ALR II spreadsheet.
2. On average a max of 4 - 5 turns when trade goes against initial position though 2-3 turns is usual
3. Have thus far been able to run as a set-and-forget method with good success using hourly chart
4. Works extremely well when SL/TP is combined with key zones of support and resistance
5. For best usage combine with most volatile pairs - I usually check these off the Oanda site on Sunday evening to determine my pairs of choice for the coming week.
6. Because of my trading methodology and using TP/SL of 100/50 respectively, I'm averaging 2 - 3 successful trades per week using the hourly chart with recovery trades netting 10-15 pips.

I haven't transitioned to Live yet but will be looking to do so very soon. Naturally part of the success depends on trades being closed and triggered correctly - even with slippage being taken into count I'm curious to know the effect in Live.

If I were to suggest a couple of enhancements (and these have already been noted):

1. The possibility of the EA hiding TP / SL
2. Functionality for handling Gaps.

Sorry I don't have an equity curve or testing record - it has been a little sporadic

Huge shout out to SpiderX, Dewey, Madpipa, WealthMaster et al on a truly groundbreaking bit of work

So, would be great to hear your experiences ...
The dream is real ...
SpiderX
Trader

Post by SpiderX »

kvhutch » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:09 pm wrote: If I were to suggest a couple of enhancements (and these have already been noted):

1. The possibility of the EA hiding TP / SL
2. Functionality for handling Gaps.
Hi

Thanks for the post.
Sorry..have been caught up with some personal stuff lately, will try to look into this.

Cheers
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
-Corinthians 13:4-8
Fibotrend
Trader

Post by Fibotrend »

kvhutch » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:09 am wrote:Been a little while since we had an update on usage of ALR II. Most of us have been testing it for at least a couple of months or more now - would be good to hear your stories.

For myself, been testing in demo since August:
1. No issues at all in running the EA - has worked exactly as expected with lots corresponding correctly to ALR II spreadsheet....
I am actually working on a Trailing ALR spreadsheet and in the process I've realized that the spreadsheets posted on the ALR threads are flawed. They only work when TP and TP Opposite are equal. For TP > (TPO+ALR) results are completely out of wack.

On the contrary the EA works correctly, so I was wondering if the EA formula is based on the original ALR.

Cheers
sharjeel89

Post by sharjeel89 »

Hi All,

Firstly I have to say this is an awesome thread, and on top of that this EA is just amazing.

So far I have played about with it and done some back testing and demo testing with good results, but I have a question that how can I possibly change Open Buy - Open Sell rule i.e add below rules or only have one of below:

If I want to Open Trade at 07:00am every day only?

Or I want to Open a Trade only when Moving Average Crossover occurs?

Or I want to Open First Trade at 07:00am and then as soon as I have hit my target a New Trade Opens straight away i.e the cycle never ends?

Thank You
deelondon
Trader

Post by deelondon »

First of all, I would like to thank Spider for his hard work you have put into programming the EA and share it with everybody for free!

If I understood well, I can add to your shell other automated strategies, right?

Another question, could I have the MQ4 file for the latest update of the version v1.03b (not the version II)? I do understand that version II has its advantages.

Thank you very much.

Dee
Last edited by deelondon on Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Automated Loss Recovery”