SpiderX
Trader

Trend Trading EA with Automated Loss Recovery

Post by SpiderX »

To satisfy the need for speed for some.
2.03 is in the first thread.

v2.03
-More options to adjust timeframe for indicators
-The Timeframe settings for all indicators default to 0, which is chart tf settings.
Please look at variables:

Code: Select all

extern int      MACD_FastEMAPeriod =0;
extern int      TradingTimeFrame   =0;
extern int      FastMaTdTF    =0; 
extern int      SlowMaTdTF    =0;
Just drop the EA into a lower tf which you want to use, but note that it is by default designed for H4.

Cheers
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
-Corinthians 13:4-8
SpiderX
Trader

Post by SpiderX »

Dewey McG » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:50 pm wrote:
I agree--we need to move this to its own thread
To be honest, quite uncertain about this, since it would be confusing with the number of ALR EA's.

Cheers
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
Radar
Trader

Post by Radar »

SpiderX » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:52 pm wrote:
Dewey McG » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:50 pm wrote:
I agree--we need to move this to its own thread
To be honest, quite uncertain about this, since it would be confusing with the number of ALR EA's.

Cheers

Just name the thread "Non-Hedging ALR Manager". ;) It is what it is :)

Have fun!

Radar =8^)
Check out my new, (well, old now), manual trade & automatic scale-in manager,
StackManV2
blazecrown
Trader

Post by blazecrown »

wow! how could i have missed this ALR2... just downloaded it now... thanks SpiderX... awesome... :clap:

anyways, i agree that it needs its own thread... just put a link to it... i have few questions (clarifications) too...

thanks...
SpiderX
Trader

Post by SpiderX »

Hi

Can someone please help to run a backtest on this EA ?
There was a nasty bug in the EA, which is fixed in version 2.04 in first post.
Please reload the whole EA on the chart.
Same issue in TradeManager to be fixed in a moment.

v2.04
-Fixed bug that caused lot size calculation to be wrong
-Fixed bug that caused lot size of recovery trades to be wrong

Cheers
SpiderX
Trader

Post by SpiderX »

Hi,

This is an example GBPJPY test from 2011-2014 with a deadrun...OOTB setting.
Note this is just a rough test for debugging purposes....low tick quality.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
patmontes
Trader

Post by patmontes »

SpiderX » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:08 am wrote:Hi,

This is an example GBPJPY test from 2011-2014 with a deadrun...OOTB setting.
Note this is just a rough test for debugging purposes....low tick quality.

Cheers
Very interesting indeed.... Would you agree a 1k account with 1:500 leverage with 1pair would be safe enough?
SpiderX
Trader

Post by SpiderX »

patmontes » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:47 pm wrote:
Very interesting indeed.... Would you agree a 1k account with 1:500 leverage with 1pair would be safe enough?
Maybe we will let Dewey answer that question since he can do a higher quality backtest.
Also note that this is not the most optimized of settings since we can reduce the tp:sl ratio with ALR2.0.
With current settings, the lot sizes are significantly smaller than the original ALR concept.

Cheers
SpiderX
Trader

Post by SpiderX »

Hi

v2.05 is in post 1.

v2.05
-Code improvements to better adjust profit at the end of the ALR progression
-The target price of each recovery trade is no longer static and is adjusted slightly to precisely achieve the target profit.
-Please use ALR_ProfitPips if you like more profit at the end of the ALR progression.

The purpose of this improvement is to slightly reduce the lot size growth and also allow the user to better determine how much growth they want at the end of ALR progression.
For those looking to breakeven, the lot sizes will grow slightly slower and will be safer.
For those looking to have some growth, lot sizes will grow faster and be slightly more risky.

Do note that OOTB settings are not optimal, and hopefully Dewey or someone with good backtesting can suggest good tp, sl parameters.

Cheers
Dewey McG
Trader

Post by Dewey McG »

I did some back tests on the EURJPY. I will have to drill down a little to figure out why, but it does seem this way needs more turns. Out of the box it is set to maximum of 10 turns, but you will need at least 15. I should have downloaded the tickdata again but don't have as much time as I would like. It's close enough for now.

For this back test I used 50/150. For less volatile pairs I would use either 40/120 or even 35/105. I did a quick test with 40/120 on this pair and it gets ugly. You will hit full stoploss or it will keep going and increasing lot sizes until ti closes at the end of the period.

I am going to have to play around a bit more but first impression seems that it requires more turns which would take away the advantage of lower sized trades.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Automated Loss Recovery”