Wealthmaster's ALR trade manager

Post your EA's using ALR here
TambaTrader
Trader

Post by TambaTrader »

Hello everyone,

I have been testing this with a demo account and mostly I love it. There is one extra bit of functionality I would like though.

If I have multiple manual trades open on the same currency pair it closes them all when it hits a take profit rather than just the one manual trade (and its stop trade). I would like it to either:

1. Be able to distinguish between the trades so I can have the EA working on different charts. One for each trade but they won't interfere with each other.

Or...

2. Even better would be to take over all the trades I've got open for that currency pair and calculate the ALR lot sizes accordingly.

It would make more sense for your coder to do this work wealthmaster. I'm happy to pay him/her and to let the resulting program get posted here for everyone.

Thanks for the EA as it is though. I'm going to try it on a real account soon I think.

Shona
anzip

Post by anzip »

TambaTrader » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:54 am wrote:Hello everyone,

Thanks for the EA as it is though. I'm going to try it on a real account soon I think.

Shona
me too
deelondon
Trader

Post by deelondon »

Hi, can someone let me know what the input S2_XYZ is for?

Thank you very much.
deelondon
Trader

Post by deelondon »

I have done some backtesting with the EA. However, it closes some hedging positions too early and leaves the initial order unprotected floating around which causes big draw-downs. Has someone else seen same issues?
Dewey McG
Trader

Post by Dewey McG »

deelondon » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:46 pm wrote:I have done some backtesting with the EA. However, it closes some hedging positions too early and leaves the initial order unprotected floating around which causes big draw-downs. Has someone else seen same issues?
I can't answer that but I can tell you that the newer ALR2 Trade manager from Spider is much better--the risk is far lower
deelondon
Trader

Post by deelondon »

On a monthly basis I achieved in back and forward testing over 35% profit per month (see attachment), even-though there should be zero draw-down but program error causes a 19.73% draw-down. Furthermore, the floating open position prevents to take new positions for some days without making money.

On a longterm basis the results are completely destroyed by the programming error.

By the way, draw-downs are not caused by hitting the maximum of orders/turns.

Is there any programmer out there who is willing to help me and improve the EA? I believe the results will be incredible.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dewey McG
Trader

Post by Dewey McG »

deelondon » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:09 pm wrote:On a monthly basis I achieved in back and forward testing over 35% profit per month (see attachment), even-though there should be zero draw-down but program error causes a 19.73% draw-down. Furthermore, the floating open position prevents to take new positions for some days without making money.

On a longterm basis the results are completely destroyed by the programming error.

By the way, draw-downs are not caused by hitting the maximum of orders/turns.

Is there any programmer out there who is willing to help me and improve the EA? I believe the results will be incredible.
A programmer will need a lot more specifics to be able to assist:

What trading strategy are you using? This is a trade manager which means it only kicks in after you make your initial trade. Just saying there is a program error does not help--what is the error? What is it doing that it shouldn't (best if you can give screen shots showing the error to illustrate) or what is it not doing that it should.

Programmers thrive on specific, detailed instructions
TambaTrader
Trader

Post by TambaTrader »

How can there be zero drawdown? Do you think because each basket of trades has won there should be zero drawdown. Actually when Empty4 (or whatever software you use) calculates the drawdown it will take all the trades as individual trades, some of which are losers.

By the way be careful with this EA. It doesn't use stop losses which means if it stops working the Take Profits of one side of your trades hit and you might have really large lot sizes left open all in the same direction. I got burnt with that (on my demo account luckily).
europer
Trader

Post by europer »

Dear Wealthmaster, a very good EA. Here some inputs from my side since I use this theory for a long time and have good results and will give my experiences what I think is needed into your EA to get even better as it is:

would it be possible to implement the following parameter into the AL to make it a bit more automatically:

1. Start lot (fix) in the EA in pips
2. the last trade as a hedge trade (false/true) mean here that sell and buy have the same net, in case the cylce did not work...then manually trades have to be done but the minus delta stays more or same (just the spread will change the value of the minus delta)
3. take profit for the first trade independent in pips (not the same as in your EA now)
4. trade type (buy/sell and if -1 = no type at all no trade starts )
5. entry price (0.0 = market price)
6. trade type ( 0=manually for point 4 and 5, 1=moving average or other strategy types)
7. moving average period
8. use external ea (if trade type of point 6 are another EA to make the first trade then this takes over)
9. trailing stops (TS) for first trade (true/false and true =TS activation level in pips/TS distance in pips) (therefore in point 3. a independent end profit)
10. trailing stops in a cycle (trail the exit point, when at least a 2nd trade or more). Trailing start in pips and trailing start in pips (means when the last trade have made at least the pips needed over the TP and then the steps)
11. since spread change over the day perhaps a recalculation of the spread for the trades what comes in the cycle (I think your EA does this)
12. Since market sometimes moves fast within a cycle slipage do happens and this negative or positive delta take into the next trade in the cycle
13 for the recovery modus also the posibilty to make the profit instead of amount in pips
14. also in recovery modus to check that beyond the TP point calulated the sum of all trades give really the profit calculated (in pip or amount depending if the parameter was set to amount or pips)

thanks
Europer

Return to “Automated Loss Recovery”