Wealthmaster's ALR trade manager

Post by kvhutch »

You mean in terms of spread?
The dream is real ...
kvhutch
Trader

Post by kvhutch »

I do like Wealthmaster's solution as it can be fitted to any strategy. May try to see if I can amend it to manually enter the lot sizes with the little programming (re: hacking) knowledge I have
The dream is real ...
longytravel
Trader

Post by longytravel »

As many have said, thanks for the generosity shown here. Wondering if i can get some help so i can continue to test.

I am unsure why the EA is not taking a profit? In the first example I have set a 30 TP, that was exceeded by 9 pips and in the second example it was a 20 pip profit exceeded by 7 pips?

Concious there are some great things happening here and i would like to remain on the same page with my understanding.

Thanks in advance.
SpiderX
Trader

Post by SpiderX »

Hi ,

Perhaps you guys should have a look around the more recent posts in the other discussions in the ALR forums and follow up with the more recent developments.

Cheers
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
-Corinthians 13:4-8
Dewey McG
Trader

Post by Dewey McG »

I am going to discontinue the test I was running using this one with a manual strategy based on VSA. This trade manager doesn't work correctly with my broker plus he ALR II is better (less risk and more profitable).

The results weren't bad but the lot sizes were wrong
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KingOfCoolville
Trader

Post by KingOfCoolville »

Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of testing a system which incorporates ALR.

Is it possible to have the Welathmaster EA send trades without the trade comment?

I'm not a programmer and not sure how easy this is to change.
richie

Post by richie »

I want to know if the initial tp(say 150 pips) has to be set manually or the EA parameter takes care of it.
I thought that EA parameter takes care of it, but i saw that the price moved 200 pips in my direction but the position did not close automatically.
vicman58

Post by vicman58 »

Rounding Issues with lot sizes

Hey guys. I have tested this EA intensively with tickstory data and even in DMO, with fantastic results. I have never run into the lot size incremental's having a problem with my DMO account or in backtesting.
However, when running on a real live account, I started to notice my lots were getting off by a fraction of a value. It appears that its rounding wrong or something.

Does anyone know what is causing this? Also, the way the EA is coded once this rounding issue occurs, all the future lot levels are invalid. I sometimes get duplicate orders, sometimes the opposing trade is a small lot size and therefore it loses money
(ie: the previous is a SELL at .89 lots. The next may be a BUY at .10 lots instead of something like 1.67 lots)

I really like the results I get in my DMO, and for the most part the real account works up until a rounding issue. I might add, I start up all my trading with DMO and Real side by side so I can for a fact tell when a lot incremental has issues.

Thanks for any help. If I didn't make myself clear or caused confusion please let me know so I can describe myself better if need be.
davegan

Post by davegan »

Hello everyone and thank you so much for this wonderful program, Wealthmaster! Unfortunately there is a problem regarding how the EA works: unexpectedly, after opening three positions (but not always the case and I do not know if the number of open positions is the element that is causing the problem) the software adjust continuously the stop level causing a huge number of messages in the journal and causing server overload. At that point the broker (Activtrades) requires me to stop the EA (running in VPS environment).I would like the programmer to check the EA. Of course, I'm also willing to pay for it.
Thanks again

Return to “Automated Loss Recovery”