EA ideas for ALR

Post your EA's using ALR here
excalibre30
Trader

EA ideas for ALR

Post by excalibre30 »

Dewey McG » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:19 am wrote:
Thanks. Have you used this strategy yourself? What is the win rate?
Yes, I have and it is the core of my strategy right now. I added some other rules though. Win rate is around 60-70%.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/excalib ... 500/977868
SpiderX
Trader

EA ideas for ALR

Post by SpiderX »

excalibre30 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:57 am wrote:
Dewey McG » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:19 am wrote:
Thanks. Have you used this strategy yourself? What is the win rate?
Yes, I have and it is the core of my strategy right now. I added some other rules though. Win rate is around 60-70%.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/excalib ... 500/977868

Hi

Would be interesting to know what kind of rules you have.
As a note, your account started on 21 Jul, which is when the markets are starting to trend and have some big movements.
Hopefully your rules have some consideration to make the system robust to the ranging/low volatility market conditions prior to Jul.
In addition, it would be great if you had a non-fixed tp:sl which is adjusted according to market conditions.

cheers
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
-Corinthians 13:4-8
excalibre30
Trader

EA ideas for ALR

Post by excalibre30 »

SpiderX » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:44 am wrote:
Hi

Would be interesting to know what kind of rules you have.
As a note, your account started on 21 Jul, which is when the markets are starting to trend and have some big movements.
Hopefully your rules have some consideration to make the system robust to the ranging/low volatility market conditions prior to Jul.
In addition, it would be great if you had a non-fixed tp:sl which is adjusted according to market conditions.

cheers

Hi SpiderX,

Yeah, the account is really new so definitely in testing stage still. I have been using FX Blue's Trading Simulator to test the strategy out and looks really profitable (went back to use 2012 to present data only).

Here is I usually enter a trade. I use the D1 TF only. I look for pair that starts to draw the fork. I then validate it by looking at the monthly trend and sto using Bob's sto 7 indi. If the signal is the same as the trend, I check the CSS. If the CSS agrees, I look at the SNR indi of slipshod for possible resistance or support. If it is within the support or resistance, I don't take the trade.

I don't put an SL usually but for TP, I either use the next SNR region or one of the TMA CG bands (an indi from another forum). I exit a losing trade (for a loss) if the support or resistance is broken against me or the trend changes. I let the trade ride the duration of the trend.

If the market is ranging, I trade within the SNR. Classic buy low, sell high. I'll provide some screenshots later to make it easier to see.

PS. I am a total noob. Been trading for less than a year so everything I say here can mean nothing at all. :D
kvhutch
Trader

EA ideas for ALR

Post by kvhutch »

Hi Dewey. I think some strategies will be easier to automate than others. I trade exactly the same as you mentioned in one of your previous posts where you said you look at the order boards to see where the big money is placing their orders.

http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =60#p94891

That's exactly how I trade - trading into areas of high liquidity, i.e. Stops. While these areas are usually at round numbers, daily, weekly and monthly high/lows and DNT Option zones - which wouldn't be too difficult to code, other areas such as the intermediate zones of concentrated Bids and Offers may prove more of a challenge. That being said, even these regions often coincide with classic Support / Resistance zones which are often identified programmatically.

I would guess this strategy could be semi-automated for entry with a discretionary option.

Thoughts?
The dream is real ...
TambaTrader
Trader

EA ideas for ALR

Post by TambaTrader »

Anyone want to know how I am using ALR?

I place a trade at 7am on Eurusd in the direction of the long term trend with a take profit of 50 pips. At moment I am selling every day. Some previous analysis I did told me the best place to put my stop loss was 30 pips (granted I only looked at one year of data, so this perhaps isn't most reliable analysis). I therefore use ALR with stop loss of 30 pips and take profit of 90 pips. I have been working out the long term trend just by looking at the chart.

It's working a treat.

I use the ALR 2.0 EA where it closes out each trade, so you only have one on the go at a time. I don't like the ALR EAs where you have loads of trades being managed at once. Too risky if the EA/internet connection fails.

The only small niggle is that if it goes in ALR you sometimes miss the next days trading as I haven't yet worked out how to place a trade with a magic number. If I had a magic number I could have multiple trades being managed.

I think this would take one of you MQL4 geniuses about two minutes to code if someone wanted to give it a go.

Shona
Dewey McG
Trader

EA ideas for ALR

Post by Dewey McG »

TambaTrader » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:52 pm wrote:Anyone want to know how I am using ALR?

I place a trade at 7am on Eurusd in the direction of the long term trend with a take profit of 50 pips. At moment I am selling every day. Some previous analysis I did told me the best place to put my stop loss was 30 pips (granted I only looked at one year of data, so this perhaps isn't most reliable analysis). I therefore use ALR with stop loss of 30 pips and take profit of 90 pips. I have been working out the long term trend just by looking at the chart.

It's working a treat.

I use the ALR 2.0 EA where it closes out each trade, so you only have one on the go at a time. I don't like the ALR EAs where you have loads of trades being managed at once. Too risky if the EA/internet connection fails.

The only small niggle is that if it goes in ALR you sometimes miss the next days trading as I haven't yet worked out how to place a trade with a magic number. If I had a magic number I could have multiple trades being managed.

I think this would take one of you MQL4 geniuses about two minutes to code if someone wanted to give it a go.

Shona
Nice idea. I like this.

I have been playing with HGI on demo as well and think that may be an opportunity as well
TambaTrader
Trader

EA ideas for ALR

Post by TambaTrader »

I have also been playing with HGI on demo. I haven't been following the proper rules, I have just been waiting for big green or red arrows and then placing a trade with ALR managing it. That is working nicely too.

Shona
Dovilo
Trader

EA ideas for ALR

Post by Dovilo »

TambaTrader » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:26 am wrote:I have also been playing with HGI on demo. I haven't been following the proper rules, I have just been waiting for big green or red arrows and then placing a trade with ALR managing it. That is working nicely too.

Shona
And how is it?
TambaTrader
Trader

EA ideas for ALR

Post by TambaTrader »

Dovilo » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:03 pm wrote:
TambaTrader » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:26 am wrote:I have also been playing with HGI on demo. I haven't been following the proper rules, I have just been waiting for big green or red arrows and then placing a trade with ALR managing it. That is working nicely too.

Shona
And how is it?
Hi Dovilo,

In my demo account, in the last 5 weeks, I have placed 13 trades because of a large HGI arrow, 6 of them won straight away and 7 of them went into ALR mode which successfully turned them into a win. I made the ALR profit be about 1% so it is like a win in itself. (I think this is the best way of using ALR)

There are not many results there, but I would say it is relying a bit too heavily on the ALR for my liking. Probably because I put no thought into the take profit and stop loss sizes. I mostly just did SL of 50 and TP of 150 pips. I think a stop loss of 50 pips is too small for the HGI big arrows.

I prefer my daily trader strategy (I posted it above) and my weekend gap trades. I am sure though that ALR would work well with HGI with a bit more thought put into the settings that get used.

Regards

Shona
federicoo

EA ideas for ALR

Post by federicoo »

Hi fellow traders,

Here is a complete strategy using ALR. I think we MUST code an EA to try this. BTW I'm not a good coder...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJz4E7VyeSw

Cheers

Return to “Automated Loss Recovery”