ALR 2.0 Trade Manager

Post your EA's using ALR here
TambaTrader
Trader

ALR 2.0 Trade Manager

Post by TambaTrader »

In answer to your other questions...

-I haven't tried the setting where it keeps your current SL and TP.
-I haven't tried it with a magic number. Was thinking of doing that in near future but think I would need an EA to place my trades for me and haven't got round to working out how to do that yet. If I do that then I might be able to test doing my daily eurusd trade even when a previous one is in ALR mode. At moment I wait for the first ALR to finish but means I miss some pips. I have half got an EA so I could adapt it quite easily it's just finding the time. I'm a novice mql4 coder so everything takes ages.
-have never tried on gold or indices but I would be interested in how you get on. I would have guessed spread was the reason for funny lot sizes. Can't think of another reason.

Shona
TambaTrader
Trader

ALR 2.0 Trade Manager

Post by TambaTrader »

AnotherBrian gave me a script to place trades so I could try out the magic number setting.

http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 83#p114283

The script placed the trade successfully but this ALR2 EA closes all but the last trade and says this as a message "CloseAllButLastTrade". So it closes the previous trade which is in the middle of ALR, when the idea is that it manages that one and manages the new trade separately.

But it doesn't make sense for that to be true. Why would you have an EA that uses magic number but doesn't allow more than one trade on the currency pair. Surely that is the whole point of the magic number!

I am clearly doing something wrong.

I can't see anything in the settings of the ALR2 EA that allows it to have more than one trade open at a time. Has anyone else used this ALR EA successfully with the magic number setting so they can have multiple trades being managed on one currency pair?

Anyone got any ideas as to what is going wrong?

Shona
AnotherBrian

ALR 2.0 Trade Manager

Post by AnotherBrian »

TambaTrader » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:04 pm wrote:AnotherBrian gave me a script to place trades so I could try out the magic number setting.

http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 83#p114283

The script placed the trade successfully but this ALR2 EA closes all but the last trade and says this as a message "CloseAllButLastTrade". So it closes the previous trade which is in the middle of ALR, when the idea is that it manages that one and manages the new trade separately.

But it doesn't make sense for that to be true. Why would you have an EA that uses magic number but doesn't allow more than one trade on the currency pair. Surely that is the whole point of the magic number!

I am clearly doing something wrong.

I can't see anything in the settings of the ALR2 EA that allows it to have more than one trade open at a time. Has anyone else used this ALR EA successfully with the magic number setting so they can have multiple trades being managed on one currency pair?

Shona
The ALR experts should chime in, but I recall reading that ALR 1 does what you want (multiple open trades) and ALR 2 uses single trades only.
Bruster400
Trader

ALR 2.0 Trade Manager

Post by Bruster400 »

TambaTrader » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:04 pm wrote:
Shona,

I haven't tried this yet but my guess is that you need to have two instances of the EA running, each set to a different magic number. If that's how you're doing it then ignore this! Say you have the first set to magic number zero to catch the first manual trade you place. Then you have another chart with the EA set up with a different magic number. You then use your script to place your next trade with this second magic.
TambaTrader
Trader

ALR 2.0 Trade Manager

Post by TambaTrader »

Hi Busted400,

Yes that is what I was trying to do but it just seems to not like having more than one trade open on the same currency pair at once.

Shona
Bruster400
Trader

ALR 2.0 Trade Manager

Post by Bruster400 »

Shona,

I've not had a lot of time so have only just got round to trying this. It works for me. I've got two trades running on the same symbol in the same platform and the EA is managing both. (on separate charts) First trade is on ALR1 and the second has loaded up the pendings for the trade I placed using AnotherBrian's script.

I have made a slight mod to the EA code to get it to put the Magic number in the trade comments so that I can keep track of what's going on but otherwise it's all standard. The first trade was a manual trade with magic = 0 and the second I used magic 1000 (in the script and the EA) to give plenty of space between them.

I'll let you know if it falls over but for now it seems to be in control...

Not much help, I know but at least you know it should work.

Bruster400
ernest02
Trader

ALR 2.0 Trade Manager

Post by ernest02 »

First of all thank you for your selfless work to create this EA to help us in our trading.
I have started to test your EA and have set the ALR_AutoTPandSL parameter = true, hoping that the EA will open a trade in the opposite direction when hitting my original SL level, but nothing happens. The price hits my SL and closes the trade with a loss.
Can anybody tell me what I am missing or doing wrong?
renexxxx
Trader

ALR 2.0 Trade Manager

Post by renexxxx »

ernest02 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:56 pm wrote:First of all thank you for your selfless work to create this EA to help us in our trading.
I have started to test your EA and have set the ALR_AutoTPandSL parameter = true, hoping that the EA will open a trade in the opposite direction when hitting my original SL level, but nothing happens. The price hits my SL and closes the trade with a loss.
Can anybody tell me what I am missing or doing wrong?
Have you set MagicNumberMain to the correct magic number (the magic number of your first trade)?
TambaTrader
Trader

ALR 2.0 Trade Manager

Post by TambaTrader »

And if it is a manual trade you would set the magic number to 0.

You don't need to wait for the stop loss to hit to see if the EA is working as it should set a stop order straight away. (At least without the auto TP and SL setting it does - I have never tested that setting)

Shona
ernest02
Trader

ALR 2.0 Trade Manager

Post by ernest02 »

Thanks a lot guys! I did not know I had to change the magic number to zero.

Return to “Automated Loss Recovery”