The Flow plus ALR

Post your EA's using ALR here
Dewey McG
Trader

The Flow plus ALR

Post by Dewey McG »

EURJPY and GBPJPY baskets all closed in profit.

3 trades open, all in the green :D
xfactornos
Trader

The Flow plus ALR

Post by xfactornos »

looking good :hi:

Lets see how she does in the long run :)
John 3:16
Dewey McG
Trader

The Flow plus ALR

Post by Dewey McG »

A few observations:

1. So far the strategy is doing well. I am sure we would all be happy with a strategy that gave 11.25% a month with such a low draw down, but it is too early to say this is a definite go.

2. Avoid Sunday candles--will wait until the next day to start trading.

3.avoid low volatility pairs. I thought I could use 30/90 with those and it worked in that the ALR triggered and they close for a small profit, but none hit the initial TP to begin with. I will stick with those I where can use 40/120 or 50/150.

I am also thinking of an idea that might make the trade manager better--a trailing ALR stop. For example, the initial tp is 150 and the trade moves 100 pips into profit. We move the stop for AlR up to 50 pips locked in and ALR triggers if we go back down 50 pips.

Any thoughts?
hooshoo

The Flow plus ALR

Post by hooshoo »

good job dewey ...happy weekend buddy ....
renexxxx
Trader

The Flow plus ALR

Post by renexxxx »

Dewey McG » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:10 am wrote: I am also thinking of an idea that might make the trade manager better--a trailing ALR stop. For example, the initial tp is 150 and the trade moves 100 pips into profit. We move the stop for AlR up to 50 pips locked in and ALR triggers if we go back down 50 pips.

Any thoughts?
That would mean that the overall ALR basket comes out negative, wouldn't it, as the calculated ALR lotsize's for the intermediate trades need the final trade to reach a TP of 150 pips for the basket to come out on top.

This is not necessarily a bad thing: at least it draws an end to a never ending ALR sequence. It would be interesting to model this in the EA and see what effect it has to the overall balance curve.
Dewey McG
Trader

The Flow plus ALR

Post by Dewey McG »

renexxxx » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:55 pm wrote: That would mean that the overall ALR basket comes out negative, wouldn't it, as the calculated ALR lotsize's for the intermediate trades need the final trade to reach a TP of 150 pips for the basket to come out on top.

This is not necessarily a bad thing: at least it draws an end to a never ending ALR sequence. It would be interesting to model this in the EA and see what effect it has to the overall balance curve.
Actually I meant to do this ONLY for the first trade and not any ALR trades. The idea is to try to catch a few runners when the price keeps going a long way in your direction. The ALR takes care of the trades that don't move your way
Dewey McG
Trader

The Flow plus ALR

Post by Dewey McG »

hooshoo » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:40 pm wrote:good job dewey ...happy weekend buddy ....
Thanks
hooshoo

The Flow plus ALR

Post by hooshoo »

hi dewey wish u a week full of pips .... i see u opened trades eurusd and gbpusd according to the volatile list its okay but i guess the audjpy isn,t on the volatile list ...thats why it turned to ALR mode quickly
Dewey McG
Trader

The Flow plus ALR

Post by Dewey McG »

hooshoo » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:26 am wrote:hi dewey wish u a week full of pips .... i see u opened trades eurusd and gbpusd according to the volatile list its okay but i guess the audjpy isn,t on the volatile list ...thats why it turned to ALR mode quickly
I wanted to do some testing with lower volatility pairs but using 30/90 to see if they could be as good that way. It seems it is still best to just stick with more volatile pairs. Gold could be a good option but would have to adjust settings. SP500 would be another one worth looking at if the broker offers it
Dewey McG
Trader

The Flow plus ALR

Post by Dewey McG »

This month has been a good test so far for the EA because we are seeing more ranging markets which would normally be harder on this type of strategy. However, the baskets have been closing in small profits plus we have been getting a few full tp's hit. When the markets start really trending it will do well (like many EA's) but the ALR keep it treading above water when they aren't.

Way too early to declare victory but so far so good. Let's hope it continues.

Return to “Automated Loss Recovery”