New ALR Trade Manager from Milanese

Post your EA's using ALR here
Dewey McG
Trader

Post by Dewey McG »

Another toy for everyone:

As he made and improved the EA for The Flow Plus ALR, Milanese made some improvements to the trade manager portion to make it more robust. This version also works with ECN brokers that have a minimum lot size of .1
updated 29 jun, 2015
update aug 21, 2015
New the EA has the option to use no TP for the first trade, too you find the possibility to use ADR for calculating the ALR_Zone and the targets..
if you don't understand ALR, start here: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 682#p94504
update sep. 28, 2015
New you can use ATR instead fixed values for the ALR zone and the targets...
update oct. 26, 2015
fixed a rare bug using 0.01 base lots with some settings
ALR_TradeManagerV3.22.ex4
Just to be clear: this is a trade manager, not a stand alone EA. If you want that, look here: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 55#p121377
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

This version is experimental as I changed some what the formula to calculate the lotsizes, you can play with different settings but the ALR_TargetPips should be always some what higher as ALR_ZonePips, it is a work in progress and there is for sure much potential, so your observations will be a big help.
Note it is optimized for accounts from 10k -25k and initial lotsizes from 0.05-0.1.

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

I have updated post 1 with a bugfixed version, as there was some bug inside of the logic avoiding the version 3.02 to calculate the right lotsizes for your individual settings, now resolved, please use all only the new version 3.03..

Tommaso
Just PM
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

I updated again the EA in the first post, I removed some not needed stuff and not needed inputs, too I optimised again the calculation part.

Tommaso
Just PM
longytravel
Trader

Post by longytravel »

Great work as ever!

I find it easier to place limit and stop orders orders via scripts (that add a sl and tp) and then move those parameters (via the one touch feature) based on my thinking. Is there scope in future mods for the ea to do it's calcs based on these numbers rather than having to change in the ea input box?
tradingshed

Post by tradingshed »

Hi all,

I am testing Milanese ALR (on a single position) and I get the following errors (see attachments). Can you help?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

tradingshed » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:44 pm wrote:Hi all,

I am testing Milanese ALR (on a single position) and I get the following errors (see attachments). Can you help?

Thanks
probably you single trade is too much in loss...

Cheers:)
Just PM
tradingshed

Post by tradingshed »

Hi Tommaso, thank you very much for replying.

The position is only 60 pips in loss, what would be the guidelines to use the ALR successfully?

I set up a few trades by using a few EAs and chosen the one that was heading to loss (in this case 60pips) I then removed the EA which started the trade and replaced it with ALR with the settings in the picture.

This is what I would probably do in real life, (except that I would probably wait for more than 60pips).

As soon as the ALR was activated, I started receiving the messages in the image attached.

Can you help? Thank you
milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

tradingshed » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:14 pm wrote:Hi Tommaso, thank you very much for replying.

The position is only 60 pips in loss, what would be the guidelines to use the ALR successfully?

I set up a few trades by using a few EAs and chosen the one that was heading to loss (in this case 60pips) I then removed the EA which started the trade and replaced it with ALR with the settings in the picture.

This is what I would probably do in real life, (except that I would probably wait for more than 60pips).

As soon as the ALR was activated, I started receiving the messages in the image attached.

Can you help? Thank you
The ALR must be active when you open the position, with your setting it will set a SL of 35 pips (so clearly 60 pips loss is too much for the setting) , it looks like you had not understand the ALR concept please read with attention ---> http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =81&t=3682 for undertstanding the concept

Tommaso
Just PM
KingOfCoolville
Trader

Post by KingOfCoolville »

Tommaso,

Is it possible to have the trade management EA not set the TP for the initial trade?
As my understanding is that 'ALR mode' is activated only when your initial trade has hit SL.

I am currently trying a system where the winning trades are kept open and are managed via Steve's MPTM to close at a percent of total account balance via their magic number. The losing trades are handed over to ALR and left to recover on their own.

However, because the ALR EA sets an initial TP for the first trade they have been closing prematurely - which means the basket is unlikely to reach it's target. I could drop ALR trade manager onto the chart after the trade has hit SL, but I am not able to be at my PC 24/7 - so it would be helpful if this could be automated.

Also, would it be possible to have the option to set the ALR zone, and the TP zones using multiples of Average Range? I know you have this feature included in your other management EA's. It would save me entering the separate data on each pair. Just a thought, you can tell me I'm too lazy if you like.

Thanks

Return to “Automated Loss Recovery”