New ALR Trade Manager from Milanese

Post your EA's using ALR here
milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

PontusLSE » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:30 pm wrote:I have been using this EA now with some good success. But there is one issue I have with my way of trading and this EA. I dont know if this is something that could be easily adjusted but perhaps you could take a look if you think that it could be of common interest.

I am only using this EA to manage my loosing trades, so I have the setting "useNoTpForFirstTrade" set to TRUE.

Lets say that I make a trade and it goes in my direction. I close half of the position and set stop loss to break even for the remaining position.

Now I get another opportunity and opens another trade, and this is where I get some problem. When I open a new trade your EA closes my previous one, even if it is in some good profit.

Is it perhaps possible to make it ignore trades where the stop loss is at break even or in profit? Or maybe make it possible for the EA to manage several trades on the same pair?
No this is for the used ALR strategy not previsted, the EA will only be able to manage one open base trade for the pair you use it.

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
PontusLSE
Trader

Post by PontusLSE »

Ok, thanks. I can manage to work it our with several instances of the EA running on different magic numbers instead, and simply change magic numbers for my second (third, forth, fift etc..) trade.
milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

PontusLSE » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:44 pm wrote:Ok, thanks. I can manage to work it our with several instances of the EA running on different magic numbers instead, and simply change magic numbers for my second (third, forth, fift etc..) trade.
but note that the magic numbers should at least have a differenze of 100 for avoiding problems..

Tommaso
Just PM
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
patmontes
Trader

Post by patmontes »

Hi Tommaso,
I was wondering if it would work with an EA which sends pending orders instead of market orders like PPoS?
milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

patmontes » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:30 pm wrote:Hi Tommaso,
I was wondering if it would work with an EA which sends pending orders instead of market orders like PPoS?
yes, as long as the EA will open only one trade per pair(including pendings)

Tommaso
Just PM
patmontes
Trader

Post by patmontes »

milanese » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:47 pm wrote:
patmontes » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:30 pm wrote:Hi Tommaso,
yes, as long as the EA will open only one trade per pair(including pendings)

Tommaso
Thanks it would be nice to have only the main trade of PPoS then managed by ALR. Exciting!
If i understan correctly I would have probably need to set TP on PPoS to 0 and SL to lower than 35 for ALR to kick in.
milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

patmontes » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:58 am wrote: Thanks it would be nice to have only the main trade of PPoS then managed by ALR. Exciting!
If i understan correctly I would have probably need to set TP on PPoS to 0 and SL to lower than 35 for ALR to kick in.
Nope, ALR will manage the first PPoS , so it will change the SL/TP according to the ALR setting you use. Note PPoS must be set to open only one trade/pair.

Tommaso
Just PM
patmontes
Trader

Post by patmontes »

milanese » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:24 am wrote:
patmontes » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:58 am wrote: Thanks it would be nice to have only the main trade of PPoS then managed by ALR. Exciting!
Nope, ALR will manage the first PPoS , so it will change the SL/TP according to the ALR setting you use. Note PPoS must be set to open only one trade/pair.

Tommaso
Cool will try it out demo!
nonlinear
Trader

Post by nonlinear »

I've been using the special trailing feature. I had a sell pending in EU from 1.0986 and the trailing feature nicely caught this move down this week, jumping the whole way but avoiding the noise up. Very good so far on daily systems!
patmontes
Trader

Post by patmontes »

Hi Tommaso,
With some findings... it works well with PPoS. I just use the main trades. One thing I noticed though is the ALR would set the SL and TP not according to the inputs in recovery zone Pips and profit pips same and opposite direction.
I have ATR pips setting set to false also, but it seems it still sets the TP and SL based on ATR inputs
Given this, so what I do was just to use the True setting and use recovery zone 0.75 and profit pips both directions as 1.5 multipliers

Return to “Automated Loss Recovery”