New ALR Trade Manager from Milanese

Post your EA's using ALR here
patmontes
Trader

Post by patmontes »

Hi All! Works good so far with PPoS using main trades only.
Anybody used it with HGB already?
nonlinear
Trader

Post by nonlinear »

ALR test am running on a live account. Yes, I know this is an admittedly risk test. I wish ATC allowed lower lot sizes.

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/nonlin ... lr/1325110
patmontes
Trader

Post by patmontes »

nonlinear » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:25 pm wrote:ALR test am running on a live account. Yes, I know this is an admittedly risk test. I wish ATC allowed lower lot sizes.

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/nonlin ... lr/1325110
Nice! How do you trade it?
I use it for ppos and its doing well also
nonlinear
Trader

Post by nonlinear »

Pretty basic setup. Using it on a system that seeks trades based on the hour of day and price action, with 1440 ATR for zone and 30 day period. Only been running on EU, but, honestly, EU could be a bad pair for this right now as it is just moving sideways and may do that for a long time. Fortunately, the sideways channel is not too tight, which is when I will likely get nervous (and unfortunately only something to see after the fact). After I get a little more experienced with this, I might start switching pairs. Also, thinking of running this on 15M system as well (more trades, more risk).

To maximize this managers ability, my thought is that the system should be in the market quite often, if not all the time. One could just as easily do this manually, but the idea is to have an EA that trades all user-inputted pairs but seeks an immediate entry only in one pair in the long term trend direction based on currency strength or ATR or volume or whatever on a higher TF, just so long as it is picking one pair that is moving hard. The EA places one trade, ALR manages that position until TP is hit, and then the EA immediately places another trade in another (or the same pair). Ultimately I think it is dangerous to run this on one pair, particularly when price consolidates over a long time.
nonlinear
Trader

Post by nonlinear »

One more thing, in myfxbook link, you can see I have an open buy trade running. The SL is at 1.08027 and about to hit. If you look at the pending ALR order, you will see that the buy has an entry price of 1.07949. Usually the SL and the pending entry price are the same -- not certain why they are slightly different in this case (I didn't modify anything). Edit: Looking at the log, I think this is because my entry EA changed the SL of the live trade after the pending was set, something to watch out for.
milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

nonlinear » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:01 pm wrote:One more thing, in myfxbook link, you can see I have an open buy trade running. The SL is at 1.08027 and about to hit. If you look at the pending ALR order, you will see that the buy has an entry price of 1.07949. Usually the SL and the pending entry price are the same -- not certain why they are slightly different in this case (I didn't modify anything). Edit: Looking at the log, I think this is because my entry EA changed the SL of the live trade after the pending was set, something to watch out for.
the EA is not concepted to work with other EAs that do have a MM together..

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
patmontes
Trader

Post by patmontes »

Cool trading Nonlinear!
dokopy
Trader

Post by dokopy »

It opens two pending orders simultaneously. OOTB.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

dokopy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:30 pm wrote:It opens two pending orders simultaneously. OOTB.
Must have to do with your broker
Cheers :)
Tommaso
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
patmontes
Trader

Post by patmontes »

Hi Tommaso
I just want to ask what to do for the errors I encounter. It was working on the previous ALR trade but suddenly the new stop is experiencing this error.
Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Automated Loss Recovery”