Flying Buddha ALR

Post your EA's using ALR here
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Flying Buddha ALR

Post by TraderJoeForex »

Finished + 7.7% with very little drawdown. Not bad considering I missed getting ALR setup on a few trades so they hit their SL.

I do have two trades in the middle of their ALR sequence so will have to wait until next week to see if these can make it into overall profit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Flying Buddha ALR

Post by TraderJoeForex »

Just checked in and the weekend + today added another 2% with the open trades from last week
... almost +10% then for the first full week and the comfort that any sudden price spike should just bank a profit trading this way :yahoo:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Flying Buddha ALR

Post by TraderJoeForex »

It took a little while but both those ALR trades from the week before last have come home positive now .. which was going to be the deciding factor whether I should spend any more time on this.

I am glad they did and I have now swapped from H1 to H4 HGBnDnSSnFB to send the trades which makes it a bit easier to manage manually swapping from HGBnDnSSnFB to ALR and also using H4 for ALR calculations gives a wider zone and means a maximum of 4ALR trades should suffice rather than 5.

I have also now let go of Superslope as a filter in this arrangement so that I am sending trades just based on Sixths and Flying Buddha, only in direction from peak high/low. My logic being that with ALR as a safety net I can benefit from some sharper entries this way.

Set files below and will let this run for a month now and see what comes.

To sumarize the benefit I see trading this way is that I can have a relatively tight SL (1 ATR ), limit my maximum risk to 5 equal sized trades per pair and can only get caught out by a prolongued range which will happen but maximum risk will still be intact.

The screenshot below shows GBPAUD as an example. I have the original losing trade and then 1st and 2nd ALR losing trades and then it all comes good on the 3rd. In this case what would have been a 26pip loss is turned into an overall 68pip profit.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Flying Buddha ALR

Post by TraderJoeForex »

Just to update I am letting go of this demo now. It hasn't been a disaster but equity is on a downward curve so it's not going anywhere fast. I will leave this one here.
Merka

Flying Buddha ALR

Post by Merka »

Hello TraderJoeForex

I see on your chart an ALR trader manager EA.
Where I can get it?
I'd like to understand a bit more about your ALR and the math behind it.
Do you have an excel sheet that shows the equations used and how it work?

Thanks
Merka
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Flying Buddha ALR

Post by TraderJoeForex »

Merka » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:34 pm wrote:Hello TraderJoeForex

I see on your chart an ALR trader manager EA.
Where I can get it?
I'd like to understand a bit more about your ALR and the math behind it.
Do you have an excel sheet that shows the equations used and how it work?

Thanks
Merka
There is a whole subforum dedicated to ALR here. Although no-one has been able to make it worthwhile yet as far as I know. http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... m.php?f=81

You will find an excel sheet for calculations within the above subforum here http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =81&t=3682
Merka

Flying Buddha ALR

Post by Merka »

TraderJoeForex » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:40 pm wrote:
There is a whole subforum dedicated to ALR here. Although no-one has been able to make it worthwhile yet as far as I know. http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... m.php?f=81

You will find an excel sheet for calculations within the above subforum here http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =81&t=3682
Hi
I read those threads to understand the principle but I would like to know more about your approach to ALR.
You said you increase TP every time so what are the equations in your EA because they must be different from the other thread?
Could you please share your ALR EA? I want to test it.
You said nobody succeeded till now so how is going your ALR with twist?

When I get to my PC I will show you a guy using ALR with a different approach from what is presented in this forum.

Thanks
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Flying Buddha ALR

Post by TraderJoeForex »

I read those threads to understand the principle but I would like to know more about your approach to ALR. You said you increase TP every time so what are the equations in your EA because they must be different from the other thread?
I just kept the lot size the same and increased the TP + 1 + 2 + 3 etc to cover the new loss each time. Just load the set file I provided and you will see.
Could you please share your ALR EA? I want to test it.
It is the New ALR Trade Manager from Milanese EA in the links I provided. The set file I used is in post 1 of this thread.
You said nobody succeeded till now so how is going your ALR with twist?
I stopped testing this a few months ago as I said in my last results post as it was not going anywhere. Tommaso (Milanese) also told me that he had done much testing with ALR which failed to deliver over time and he is far smarter than me :)

Return to “Automated Loss Recovery”