Old and defunct Holy Graily Bob

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
Gertje
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by Gertje »

dudest » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:08 pm wrote:
Hi Gertje,

For a USD-denominated a/c, the pip value is constant for the USD quoted pairs
E.g: EURUSD always works out to $10 per pip per standard lot

But for the same a/c, the crosses will have different pip values, and it will change with price (!) (due to conversion back to your deposit currency, i.e the USD). Had your deposit currency been the CHF, the pip-value would have been standard.

Wrote a simple pip-value indi sometime last year (attached).
Watching it on a couple of pairs (+ coding for risk-based lot-size management in my EAs before that) is what made me realize the variation

The pip value for GBPCHF has definitely gone up as price fell, it used to be below $10/pip/lot

Cheers
Okay, so if the USDCHF would be 1.0000 then the pip value for GBPCHF was $10/pip/lot.
For $37/pip/lot it has to be somewhere around 0.2702 (USDCHF) which it was.

So it was the combined collapse from GBP and USD against the CHF that caused a MC in this case.
Thanks for helping me out.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Holy Graily Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

acostafulano » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:17 pm wrote:Hello,

4 Wave trades within a 10 pip period, with WaveMindistancebetweentrades=10

Using MARKET ORDERS (no pendings)

Experiencing the same in 8 other demos, accross all pairs.

Any explanation for this? I read that this was fixed in 2i, which is the one I'm using.

Diego
Hmmmmm. Perhaps you failed to notice that the markets went mad today?

And you think that HGB is immune to anomalies in this kind of market?

Dream on, fella. There is only so much that an ea coded with CrapQl4 can cope with. Or maybe you think I am joking when I start something with, "Crap". Probably best if people actually start taking notice of the 'Serious warning' in all of my posts 1.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
fchaman
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by fchaman »

sponn » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:28 pm wrote:
fchaman » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:19 pm wrote:I was so lucky to remove all CHF crosses in my trading pairs last week, except USDCHF...that pair alone cost my balance 25% loss today...can't complain, it could be much, much worse.

I removed this USDCHF pair as well...what SNB did to the market was a pure criminal act. Never seen anything like this in my 15yrs of trading forex!!!!
Where have you been when SNB set eur/chf to 1.20 flat 3 years ago ?
Yes indeed...forgot that event in 2011...well, today's action by SNB certainly validates that Central Banks can't be trusted to defend a currency...it just cannot be done!
acostafulano
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by acostafulano »

SteveHopwood » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:25 pm wrote:
acostafulano » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:17 pm wrote:Hello,

4 Wave trades within a 10 pip period, with WaveMindistancebetweentrades=10

Using MARKET ORDERS (no pendings)

Experiencing the same in 8 other demos, accross all pairs.

Any explanation for this? I read that this was fixed in 2i, which is the one I'm using.

Diego
Hmmmmm. Perhaps you failed to notice that the markets went mad today?

And you think that HGB is immune to anomalies in this kind of market?

Dream on, fella. There is only so much that an ea coded with CrapQl4 can cope with. Or maybe you think I am joking when I start something with, "Crap". Probably best if people actually start taking notice of the 'Serious warning' in all of my posts 1.

:xm:
I'm not complaining about the losses (sorry if my post was misunderstood). I've gotten several winning trades this way, but that's not my point.

My question is only about the parameter "mindistancebetween trades" that seems to be not working properly, (same-type trades opening within 2-3 pips from the previous one without reason).
Just to bear in mind
currymonster
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by currymonster »

Well an amazing trading week and a big lesson for me as a trader about using too large lotsizes. But todays events were extraordinary by any means. But from examining my live account and my demo that survived, the villains today were the trend trades, the ordinary ones and the multis. I was trading the trend with an additional four multis. Now one of each and minimum lotsize.

But even though I lost a third of my Live account today, I'm heartened because most of the profit I've experienced from HGB in five or so weeks of trading has been from the RAD and especially the RAD multi trades.
So I really have a good feeling about the future and this EA after today, even though it hurts to take such a hit.

Five of my six demos snuffed today, but one gamely lives, after getting from $1000 to $2000, its back down to $710 so will try to grow this one. My Large live account is offline till next week now.

So ridiculous market behaviour, but thanks to Nabbingbob, Steve , Millanese, and all the talented traders and coders we have collected together here, with realistic lotsizes this EA will make us good money in the coming Months.

What a bonkers day! :? :shock:

All my Swiss chocolate is going in the bin! lol
fchaman
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by fchaman »

currymonster » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:51 pm wrote: So ridiculous market behaviour, but thanks to Nabbingbob, Steve , Millanese, and all the talented traders and coders we have collected together here, with realistic lotsizes this EA will make us good money in the coming Months.
Well said!
currymonster
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by currymonster »

Apologees Nanningbob, not the typo I wrote, doh! :oops:
Zaleske
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by Zaleske »

SteveHopwood » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:42 pm wrote:The Forex market is a vicious beast. It will ruthlessly punish every mistake you make. Unfailingly. Every time.
THIS is the quote of the year. Alright, it's January, but still.
boinvest
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by boinvest »

acostafulano » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:33 pm wrote:
I'm not complaining about the losses (sorry if my post was misunderstood). I've gotten several winning trades this way, but that's not my point.

My question is only about the parameter "mindistancebetween trades" that seems to be not working properly, (same-type trades opening within 2-3 pips from the previous one without reason).
Just to bear in mind
Nope, I've made a mistake, will post a fix soon..
boinvest
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by boinvest »

Problem was only with buy trades..
attached is 2m
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”