Holy Graily Bob Basics - ask your questions here.

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
lamdog330
Trader

Post by lamdog330 »

I just gone through a very wide spread event of 11 pips today so I am looking to set a value for MultiplierToDetectStopHunt

I want to just let the EA trade when the spread is very close to average. I should set MultiplierToDetectStopHunt to 1.2 to 1.5. Is that correct?
m0nk111
Trader

Post by m0nk111 »

hi,

im using Holy Graily Bob 'n Dotty 'n Super Slope 'n Flying Buddha for entry and have breakeven and jumping stop set to false. i use MPTM to handle the breakeven and jumping stop, but HGBnDSSnFB keeps removing the SL. Is this normal behaviour? and is there any way to prevent this?

greetz Mark
1Direction
Trader

Post by 1Direction »

m0nk111 » Tue May 16, 2017 1:53 pm wrote:hi,

im using Holy Graily Bob 'n Dotty 'n Super Slope 'n Flying Buddha for entry and have breakeven and jumping stop set to false. i use MPTM to handle the breakeven and jumping stop, but HGBnDSSnFB keeps removing the SL. Is this normal behaviour? and is there any way to prevent this?

greetz Mark
Maybe not the smartest answer but why don't you use the build in breakeven and jumping stop?
m0nk111
Trader

Post by m0nk111 »

1Direction » Tue May 16, 2017 2:01 pm wrote:
Maybe not the smartest answer but why don't you use the build in breakeven and jumping stop?
because i also use MADtrader for entry, use HGBnDSSnFB for making a grid arround it, and want to breakeven and jumpstop those too., restock the grid when break or jump gets hit. And the breakeven on HGBnDSSnFB works different then the one of mptm. maybe im using some wrong setting on it. have been reading the manual multiple times, i cant find what im doing wrong
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

Hi Mark,

Grid trading enabled should not be a problem with jump stops internally or externally ex Mptm, but if you have hedging enabled the ea will override jumpstops or stoplosses. Also if you can post your set, it could help.
Restocking the grid is not a problem if you have offsetting settings "Fill in gaps" set to true

Cheers
Leon
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

m0nk111 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:14 pm wrote: i cant find what im doing wrong
Mixing EA's. That is sitting up and begging for trouble.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
m0nk111
Trader

Post by m0nk111 »

SteveHopwood » Tue May 16, 2017 5:19 pm wrote:
m0nk111 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:14 pm wrote: i cant find what im doing wrong
Mixing EA's. That is sitting up and begging for trouble.

:xm:
well, its a work in progress
im trying to find my optimal strategy, high good entries, good management, low drawdown, low risk
isnt mptm ment to be mixed with other EA's?
it would be nice if mptm could also do the hedged atr grid, then i would only need HGBnDSSnFB and mad for entry for starter
even nicer would be if the whole thing was modular, entry signal, management, exit signal, maybe im dreaming :p
need to try out some more stuff
ill post some set files, when im a bit more sure of my strategy

greetz Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by m0nk111 on Wed May 17, 2017 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
m0nk111
Trader

Post by m0nk111 »

Wavegarrick » Tue May 16, 2017 3:59 pm wrote:Hi Mark,

Grid trading enabled should not be a problem with jump stops internally or externally ex Mptm, but if you have hedging enabled the ea will override jumpstops or stoplosses. Also if you can post your set, it could help.
Restocking the grid is not a problem if you have offsetting settings "Fill in gaps" set to true

Cheers
Leon
thx for the info
i kinda got it working
ill try some more b4 i post a set file, tbc
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

m0nk111 » Wed May 17, 2017 12:30 am wrote: well, its a work in progress
im trying to find my optimal strategy, high good entries, good management, low drawdown, low risk
Gosh. I never thoughtof trying to do that. I am agog with admiration.
isnt mptm ment to be mixed with other EA's?
Of course it bloody well is.
it would be nice if mptm could also do the hedged atr grid, then i would only need HGBnDSSnFB and mad for entry for starter
This is the trouble that I was referring to. You are not just begging and pleading for trouble; you are guaranteeing it. This is lunacy and only an idiot mixes two trading EA's. Especially when said idiot clearly does not understand how to use either of them.
ill post some set files, when im a bit more sure of my strategy
Please don't.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Astarflier

Post by Astarflier »

Hi,

Thanks for all the work done so far. I just have one question. As the EA has many settings, does anyone still use it the basic way? Open a position as soon as the arrow appears and close as soon as the opposite arrow shows up and open a new position in the direction of the new arrow.
Is there any settings somewhere to do just that? New to this and even after reading the instructions, I am still confused on the proper settings.

Thank you.

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”