Holy Graily Bob Basics - ask your questions here.

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

story1234 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:20 am wrote: Need help here, thanks
Looks as you do, but not the sort of help that is available here.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
1Direction
Trader

Post by 1Direction »

Quick question for a long time SHF member running HGBnD.

I'm running HGBnD version 1 on various underlyings mainly indices and commodities very successfully, thanks to all SHF member involved in this fascinating project :clap:

For the first time the EA closed positions on the FR40 (CAC40) chart (see attachment) at an aggregated loss to my surprise as until now multiple closures have always been positive. I was under the impression that offsetting and closure would only happen when total closed positions are positive.

My relevant settings are

UseFullHedging=true
OnlyCloseFullHedgeWhenInProfit=true
OffsetOppositeLosersAgainstProfit=true
CloseProfitableFullHedgeOnYellowWave=true

UseHedgingWithGrid=true
HedgeProfitPips=20
HedgeProfitCash=0

UseOffsetting=true
AllowOffsettingWhenHedged=false
AllowComplexSingleSidedOffsets=true
MinOpenTradesToStartOffset=3
FillInGaps=true

Questions

1. is this a possible outcomes in some specific cases or my setup is faulty?
2. from what I can tell the running swap costs and commissions are taken into account when offsetting but I'm not 100% sure about it, YES/NO?

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lamdog330
Trader

Post by lamdog330 »

I had a bunch of Sell Stop closed by itself every time it reaches the next Sell Stop.
I don't know which setting is causing this.
It has not reach any profit target and it doesn't happen to Buy Stop. Now I have a few buy open still open and no sell :lol:

HGI - Off
Offset - Off
Full Hedge - Off

Newest DottyShell :clap:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lamdog330
Trader

Post by lamdog330 »

Does the Sixths trading in HGBnDotty calculate from Trend Time Frame or Trading Time Frame?
lamdog330
Trader

Post by lamdog330 »

Wavegarrick » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:21 am wrote:Hi Guys,

I am currently testing a set which I believe could be good for a short to medium term strategy. It will only take a trade if the daily superslope is in agreement with the 4 hr superslope and we have a 1hr Hgi trend or blue wavy signal.

I have set my profit target at 100 pips per trade and a basket exit at 500 pips. Breakeven will be activated at 5 pips after 50 pips profit with a jumpstop of 25 pips.

Please note that my trading timeframe is 1 minute so trades could be closed out before profit targets are reached, but for me this is a safety buffer should we have a swing reversal which could happen if we load an Ea onto a chart towards an end of a run.

If you change the trading timeframe to 5, 15 or 60 minutes for example it should make a difference on the exits....something to play with.

Please share your tests and improvements :good: .

Cheers
Leon
I loaded this set file with minor changes on SL/TP/BE/JS.
On the EUR/USD Chart today
SS D1 = Red
SS H4 = Red

It sent a BUY today. In fact, it also send a BUY on the 25pips set.
I just sat here for an hour looking everything over and feels it's opposite for EURUSD.
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

lamdog330 wrote:I loaded this set file with minor changes on SL/TP/BE/JS.
On the EUR/USD Chart today
SS D1 = Red
SS H4 = Red

It sent a BUY today. In fact, it also send a BUY on the 25pips set.
I just sat here for an hour looking everything over and feels it's opposite for EURUSD.
Hi Lamdog,

I was checking this morning as your post came through. Was during Mario Draghi's speech. At the time Superslope was green (blue) and with volatility it switched over to red. So the trade was executed with SS being green. Something to be cognisant of. No indicator can predict news events.

Cheers
Leon
lamdog330
Trader

Post by lamdog330 »

Thanks Leon.

Regarding HGBnDotty, I read the manual
- The HGI replaces nolag as the trade signal (DottyBot uses the change from blue to red for a sell signal)

That means HGBnDotty will make a sell trade if there's a bunch of red dots and a HGI signal appears. Is this correct?
trader689
Trader

Post by trader689 »

i'm using HGBnDnSSnFB v1b and getting an error message in experts tab:

: array out of range in 'HGBnD core library.mqh' (3396,26)

previously Steve has said its because my trading hours is inputted in wrong format, it certainly does seem to be an error in trading hours as its saying its 'outside trading hours' - but i have it set to start from 7am and its currently 8.20am. I have copy and pasted directly from the settings the format of my time input:

+07.00,-11.59,+12.00,-17.30

if anyone can spot an error in how i've input the time would be greatly appreciated thanks
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

HGBnD is an extension of the idea of replacing DottyBot's nonlagdot with alternative trade triggers.
Hi Lamdog,
lamdog330 wrote:That means HGBnDotty will make a sell trade if there's a bunch of red dots and a HGI signal appears. Is this correct?
No, a trade signal will be generated If there is an Hgi signal which replaces the Nonlag dot.

Cheers
Leon
lamdog330
Trader

Post by lamdog330 »

Wavegarrick » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:26 am wrote:
HGBnD is an extension of the idea of replacing DottyBot's nonlagdot with alternative trade triggers.
Hi Lamdog,
lamdog330 wrote:That means HGBnDotty will make a sell trade if there's a bunch of red dots and a HGI signal appears. Is this correct?
No, a trade signal will be generated If there is an Hgi signal which replaces the Nonlag dot.

Cheers
Leon
Hi Leon

For example. (ignore the arrows)
The Non Lag Dot is blue, it looks back on the candle and see the a Blue Wavy signal and it should take a trade right?
Capture.JPG

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”