Holy Graily Bob Basics - ask your questions here.

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
art
Trader

Post by art »

ok just loaded latest EA , chart version HGI DARK 14,05, still same problem its telling me in the expert tab trades has triggered with time and date, but nothing charts are 240
kwchau
Trader

Post by kwchau »

art » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:12 pm wrote:ok just loaded latest EA , chart version HGI DARK 14,05, still same problem its telling me in the expert tab trades has triggered with time and date, but nothing charts are 240
Do you have HGI Dark 14.05 indicator in your indicator folder ?

Since you put the EA on H4, please make sure the TradingTimeFrame setting in the EA is 240. Hope this help !
art
Trader

Post by art »

Yes hi dark hgb in indie folder and time frames all correct, so I'm stumped
Elixe
Trader

Post by Elixe »

Hi Art,

check that the parameter SendAlertNotTrade is not set to True as you seem to get theses alerts.
:D
art
Trader

Post by art »

ok turned globalprime to true instead of false and trade just opened
Lee
Trader

Loading revised EA's

Post by Lee »

Firstly,

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, to Steve and those responsible for creating HGB EA, and of course to Bob himself, whom I've been a long time closet admirer :oops:

I'd be grateful if someone would take the time to help me (or point me in the right direction) with a step by step guide to adding an updated version of an EA to a chart. I've looked around the forum but I'm unsure in what order things such as deleting the old EA, and adding the New EA, are done. And, what effect if any, the process has on open trades etc.

Thanks for your time.

Lee
BobbyT
Trader

Post by BobbyT »

It's as simple as removing the EA from your charts and adding the new version. Be sure to restart your terminal after.
There has been talk of wierd things happening with Empty4 when eas are updated so I delete the ex4 file before restarting. That way you can be sure the charts start up with a new compilation of the ea.
Give it a try and see how you go :good:
Procrastination provides exponentially negative returns - BobbyT
Maximilian
Trader

Post by Maximilian »

Firstly,

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, to Steve and those responsible for creating HGB EA, and of course to Bob himself, whom I've been a long time closet admirer :oops:

I'd be grateful if someone would take the time to help me (or point me in the right direction) with a step by step guide to adding an updated version of an EA to a chart. I've looked around the forum but I'm unsure in what order things such as deleting the old EA, and adding the New EA, are done. And, what effect if any, the process has on open trades etc.

Thanks for your time.

Lee
If I want to update my EA I close down Empty4, replace the EA.mq4 and delete the EA.ex4.
After restart, on all charts the new updated EA runs with old settings though.
Hope that helps
BobbyT
Trader

Post by BobbyT »

Maximilian » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:54 pm wrote:
Firstly,

Thanks for your time.

Lee
If I want to update my EA I close down Empty4, replace the EA.mq4 and delete the EA.ex4.
After restart, on all charts the new updated EA runs with old settings though.
Hope that helps
I may be completely misguided here, but doesn't the ex4 contain your settings? It is only generated after an mql4 code (of any kind) is run for the first time on a certain terminal.
Procrastination provides exponentially negative returns - BobbyT
Lee
Trader

Post by Lee »

Maximilian,

Very helpful, thank you.

Lee

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”