Holy Graily Bob Basics - ask your questions here.

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Astarflier » Fri May 19, 2017 9:53 am wrote:Hi,

Thanks for all the work done so far. I just have one question. As the EA has many settings, does anyone still use it the basic way? Open a position as soon as the arrow appears and close as soon as the opposite arrow shows up and open a new position in the direction of the new arrow.
Only someone new to all this. The bot would take thousands of pips one day, then spend the next week giving them all back plus more.

I understand why now. So do lots of the rest of us. Join DFC and you will as well.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

I have a great idea that will make us trillionaires. We disable the bot every other week.

:party: :party: :party:

Only must figure out to take the pair or impair ones.

:youknow: :youknow: :youknow:
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

tomele » Sat May 20, 2017 12:10 am wrote:I have a great idea that will make us trillionaires. We disable the bot every other week.

:party: :party: :party:

Only must figure out to take the pair or impair ones.

:youknow: :youknow: :youknow:
Get a grip feller. That is obvious. :arrrg: :arrrg: :arrrg: :arrrg: :arrrg: :arrrg:

Disable the pairs that are going to lose and enable the pairs that are going to win. :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!:

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

Yeehaa. I can feel the money flowing in.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

tomele » Sat May 20, 2017 12:18 am wrote:Yeehaa. I can feel the money flowing in.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Shush. This is between you and me, ok? Nobody else is allowed to read this.

OK, so we have this trading business sussed and we have become multi-bulti-gaziolaniares. Let's allow the rest of SHF into our secret.

Obviously we are not going to give our secret away. Why should we? We slaved for years over hot charts to master the markets as we have. However, our hearts bleed for all those poor souls denied our expertise, so we are selling it for a mere $99.99 at www.forexcon.com

No particular reason for posting this spoof folks. It just seemed like an appropriate moment to remind noobs of the sharks out there.

Now, here is a real opportunity. Unbeknownst to the rest of you peasants at SHF, I have been quietly developing the Killer EA of all Killer EA's. This is the first time I have announced it.

KillerEA subsumes all that everyone has ever contributed to SHF within an overarching architectural design that draws on the most advanced of AI research. It is available for $999.99 from www.stevehopwoodcon.com

No refunds given to dimwits unable to master the robot's complexities. Only an idiot fails to triple its account within the first day of trading. The risk:reward of 1:10000 guarantees this.

:xm:

c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

BobbyT » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:40 am wrote:
Hi Monty, Like Gertje I don't use trading hours either but try using colons instead of periods ( : vs . )
MQL4 has some funny quirks when it comes to handling numerical and time data. It may be confusing your time inputs for numerical values, not time values.
Hi probably the information is in the forums somewhere but if you can point me in the right direction it would be a great help. I am interested in auto trading using the HGI method but obviously the code is not available to me so I am unable to write my own EA. Btw I fully understand and agree with the reasons for protecting the code. So to my question you mention Tradebot? Is this what I am looking for? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

c1borg » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:43 am wrote: Hi probably the information is in the forums somewhere but if you can point me in the right direction it would be a great help. I am interested in auto trading using the HGI method but obviously the code is not available to me so I am unable to write my own EA. Btw I fully understand and agree with the reasons for protecting the code. So to my question you mention Tradebot? Is this what I am looking for? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me
Doh HGB EA! :clap:
saintalan
Trader

Post by saintalan »

amazingly no one has thought of this before, ringside seat please :party:
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

c1borg wrote:
c1borg » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:43 am wrote: Hi probably the information is in the forums somewhere but if you can point me in the right direction it would be a great help. I am interested in auto trading using the HGI method but obviously the code is not available to me so I am unable to write my own EA. Btw I fully understand and agree with the reasons for protecting the code. So to my question you mention Tradebot? Is this what I am looking for? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me
Doh HGB EA! :clap:
Hi c1borg,

All Ea's created use the Hgi lib file. I am no coder but you will see many Ea's created by Steve Ref "Hgb and his Ma", "Hgb dotty n Bolly" and all the dotty flavours and so many more.

I have never seen an Ea that uses Hgi over 4 timeframes ie trend signal on daily timeframe lookback bars defined by the user, Hgi trend signal on 3 of the lower timeframes or user defined to select Wavy, rad or range signals in the same direction of the daily Hgi trend signal. Pehaps something to consider with other filters like Ma stochs and so forth. :)

Cheers.
renexxxx
Trader

Post by renexxxx »

c1borg » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:43 pm wrote: Hi probably the information is in the forums somewhere but if you can point me in the right direction it would be a great help.
C1borg,
In this Post you can see code examples of using both the HGI Library and the HGI Indicator. In my opinion -- and that is also explained in that post -- it is far better to use HGI Library calls to obtain the HGI signals.

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”