Holy Graily Bob

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.

Holy Graily Bob

Postby trader689 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:21 pm

bippo i recommend you try the WRB HGB variant available here:

Wide Range Body Holy Graily Bob

it is a profitable variation of HGB and is doing well

Bippo » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:17 pm wrote:HolyGrailBob has not been so profitable for me in the last 4 weeks

I'm using OOTB settings,H4 Timeframe
Broker Demo FxPro

wondering if someone that has been profitable in the last month could help me or point me to some good setup

I've read all HGI and HGB Threads,
I've been studying many different setup combinations in the last 2 weeks,but still I have to find what I'm lookin' for
and I don't know if it would be better to stop demo HGB OOTB setup H4 Timeframe
I trade AUDCHF\AUDUSD\
CADCHF\CADJPY\
EURGBP\EURNZD\EURJPY\EURAUD\EURUSD\
GBPCHF\GBPUSD\
NZDUSD\NZDJPY\
USDCAD\USDJY\USDCHF
maybe I could add another account with different nuances of the EA

other EAs,such as PcPm and PcPm on S , are working fine

please let me know if I'm missing something good,or maybe July is simply a bad month for this sys?
I'm puzzled 'cos it seems I'm the one and only not making money with HGB
this forum is full of helpful people,and I appreciate very much great traders and coders sharing their works here.

Thanks in advance
Best Regards
trader689

Error 4109 : Trade is not alllowed in the expert properties

Postby pt2004 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:06 pm

Hello,

Anyone else getting this error. Ea works fine for some hours then gives this error.

I do have the live trading allowed in the ea properties as DLL imports etc..

Best regards

PT
pt2004

Holy Graily Bob

Postby tcollings » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:01 am

Hi PT,

Try restarting your platform if you get that error. it works for me when the error starts to occur.

Cheers,
Tim
tcollings

Holy Graily Bob

Postby pt2004 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:32 pm

Hi,

Thank you Tim.

Restarted the platform and it seems to do the trick... :clap: So far

Thank you

PT

tcollings » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:01 am wrote:Hi PT,

Try restarting your platform if you get that error. it works for me when the error starts to occur.

Cheers,
Tim
pt2004

Duplicate orders

Postby AnotherBrian » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:15 pm

Anyone still getting duplicates orders?

AnotherBrian » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:45 am wrote:HGB is sending duplicates often on my set-up. I know this happens so I reduced the lot size.

Here is a snippet from the experts log that shows two orders being places when only one was required.
The indicator is deinitializing and this is what is causing it.

Also below are the reason codes. Code 7 is "A new template has been applied". The EA and platform has been running without any intervention.
I added some troubleshooting code, seen here as "Area 2..."

Hopefully this is helpful info. Also - I haven't looked at the code but I thought I'd post this for the coders who have some time on their hands. Hopefully this helps. Steve - have you had this occur on your platform? I'm using build 765, but this has happened with previous version as well.

edit:

template code is in IsChartRefreshNeeded()
ChartSaveTemplate(0,"HGB_temp_Template");
ChartApplyTemplate(0,"HGB_temp_Template");

And it is called here....
//HGI does not remove a signal that is no longer valid until the chart is refreshed. The signal remains in the indi's buffer
//so HGB thinks the signal is still valid. Refresh the chart every few minutes if there is a pending trade.
if(PendingTradeOpen)
if(CloseOnFalseSignal)
{
IsChartRefreshNeeded();
CloseAndDeleteTradesOnFalseSignal();
}//if (CloseOnFalseSignal)

Suggest we need a delay in here to let things settled down, but not sure. I could add troubleshooting code to see what is going on, if you think this will help let me know.

edit - did more reading - why not use ChartRedraw()? I assume there were issues with that since the code indicates the template was another method....
AnotherBrian

Holy Graily Bob

Postby admcd24 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:44 pm

Hey Guys,

I ran HGB on my Demo account this week with good results. Here's my setup.

I am using HGB to execute wavy and trend trades only. Instant execution, no pendings and no multiples. 4Hr TF, 1 trade per chart with a tight 21 pip SL.

I am also using the APTM to manage all trades with an 80% partial close at 25pips. After that initial 25pip profit I have BE and JS kicking in to maximize profits. It worked well this week :clap: :clap: :party:

651 pips for the week . Will continue testing next week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
admcd24

Holy Graily Bob

Postby trader689 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:32 pm

hey how is your demo testing going? i tried using your settings global prime demo but it didnt do too well last wekk

admcd24 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:44 pm wrote:Hey Guys,

I am using HGB to execute wavy and trend trades only. Instant execution, no pendings and no multiples. 4Hr TF, 1 trade per chart with a tight 21 pip SL.

I am also using the APTM to manage all trades with an 80% partial close at 25pips. After that initial 25pip profit I have BE and JS kicking in to maximize profits. It worked well this week :clap: :clap: :party:

trader689

Holy Graily Bob

Postby SteveHopwood » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:17 pm

Read the effing manual, ok?

Global Prime is the official SHF broker. Click here to sign up for a live account with Global Prime and join the several thousand SHF members who wisely choose GP as their broker of choice.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Tommaso (milanese) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood

Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Holy Graily Bob

Postby staedtler » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:10 pm

admcd24 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:44 pm wrote:Hey Guys,

Great Job!

Can you tell us please, are you using the STO or Double MA filters ?
Are you watching closely ? ...
staedtler

Holy Graily Bob

Postby krzysiekqq2 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:48 pm

Hi All,

Can you advise from your observation which currency we enter target for Single Pair Cash Basket (USD or local?
I missed some targets significantly and wanted to avoid such situation. Your feedback is highly welcome.

Cheers
krzysiekqq2

PreviousNext

Return to Thingy Bob EA's