HGB FIFO and Error Traps Thread

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
remix919
Trader

Post by remix919 »

spgandau » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:31 pm wrote:
remix919 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:42 pm wrote:
spgandau » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:40 pm wrote:
remix919 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:05 pm wrote:Hi there spgandau,

Is the 10.7 HGB_v01k_strict_spgandau.mq4 version correct? I just downloaded it and tried to load it onto an Empty4 chart, but it wouldn't load, so I loaded it up in the editor and when I tried to compile, I got 25 errors =\ MetaEditor 5
Hi there,
this was not compiled for MT5. My guess is that there are enough differences between Empty4 and MT5 that it will cause some failures. I don't have MT5 loaded, so am unable to help you there.
I will re-try to load this on my machine (and Empty4) to verify it compiles cleanly, and let you know what I find.

Cheers,

Scott
I'm using Empty4 as the terminal running the EA still, MetaEDITOR 5 is just the newest editor I believe? Or is there something wrong with my installation?
Just to confirm, before I try recompiling....have you installed TradeContext.mqh? do you have the #include <WinUser32.mqh> and #include <stdlib.mqh> installed?

Cheers.
I have stdlib and TradeContext from post 1, but don't see a WinUser32? Can you post the correct version or should I just find the latest version and use that?
EA's are the best way to trade. Why? Because they take the emotion out of trading.
spgandau
Trader

Post by spgandau »

Hi there,
this was not compiled for MT5. My guess is that there are enough differences between Empty4 and MT5 that it will cause some failures. I don't have MT5 loaded, so am unable to help you there.
I will re-try to load this on my machine (and Empty4) to verify it compiles cleanly, and let you know what I find.

Cheers,

Scott

I'm using Empty4 as the terminal running the EA still, MetaEDITOR 5 is just the newest editor I believe? Or is there something wrong with my installation?

Just to confirm, before I try recompiling....have you installed TradeContext.mqh? do you have the #include <WinUser32.mqh> and #include <stdlib.mqh> installed?

Cheers.

I have stdlib and TradeContext from post 1, but don't see a WinUser32? Can you post the correct version or should I just find the latest version and use that?
install WinUser32.mqh in the Include folder. See if that helps.
I have re-checked and recompiled in my machine. all works well.

Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
remix919
Trader

Post by remix919 »

Works great now =D setting up demos...
EA's are the best way to trade. Why? Because they take the emotion out of trading.
remix919
Trader

Post by remix919 »

Is this EA supposed to be FIFO error free? or still trying to eliminate FIFO errors? It seems to be running better than the regular HGB on Oanda Empty4, but I still get a lot of FIFO errors
spgandau
Trader

Post by spgandau »

remix919 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:48 am wrote:Is this EA supposed to be FIFO error free? or still trying to eliminate FIFO errors? It seems to be running better than the regular HGB on Oanda Empty4, but I still get a lot of FIFO errors
What settings did you select when you opened the EA? Did you take the default settings or did you set up the EA for FIFO = true? is the your broker ECN? is the EA set up for ECN operations? If all of that is set up correctly, then begin troubleshooting as follows:

If you have other EA's running, or if you have manual trades existing at the same time, then you might have issues. This EA will only deal with trades that it has created. If you have "mixed" EA's, and/or manual trades, then the FIFO feature will not work properly. the server-side will see that you are trying to close trades out of sequence, but the EA will only be looking within itself.

I found that if I mixed EA's, then I had to modify the HGBB to work with multiple EA's, multiple trades with different trade comments and different magic numbers.

I have stopped receiving FIFO errors altogether.
I would suggest that you copy the error messages from the experts tab, and copy the alerts messages from the alerts window and see what the actual error number is and what the message shows.

Cheers.
remix919
Trader

Post by remix919 »

Thanks spgandau!

I followed your tips and got it working properly I believe, I'm now only getting 1 error which is :

2015.07.09 14:32:41.442 10.7 HGB_v01k_strict_spgandau AUDNZD,H4: 10.7 HGB_v01k_strict_spgandau AUDNZD Ticket#67814038 CheckTpIsCorrect called ModifyOrder() with result: stop loss insertion failed with error 1: no error

I get a lot of those, for different pairs, but only that 1 error. I started the EA on a fresh platform, no open trades, new demo account, FIFO is ON for Oanda and FXCM, OFF for Tallinex. Oanda and FXCM are the only ones having that error, Tallinex demo is running 100%
spgandau
Trader

Post by spgandau »

remix919 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:36 pm wrote:Thanks spgandau!

I followed your tips and got it working properly I believe, I'm now only getting 1 error which is :

2015.07.09 14:32:41.442 10.7 HGB_v01k_strict_spgandau AUDNZD,H4: 10.7 HGB_v01k_strict_spgandau AUDNZD Ticket#67814038 CheckTpIsCorrect called ModifyOrder() with result: stop loss insertion failed with error 1: no error

I get a lot of those, for different pairs, but only that 1 error. I started the EA on a fresh platform, no open trades, new demo account, FIFO is ON for Oanda and FXCM, OFF for Tallinex. Oanda and FXCM are the only ones having that error, Tallinex demo is running 100%
That is not an error... and it belongs to the original code related to BoHGB and HGB. It is calling for a check of TP value. Since there was a correct TP entered when the trade was originally made, there was no need for CheckTpIsCorrect to make any changes, hence it receives an error code of "1"...indefinite result, but not an error. That is not part of FIFO and Error traps, but it will not hurt the EA, and it is not an error.

Cheers! :good:
remix919
Trader

Post by remix919 »

Thanks for the clarification! :clap:
nonlinear
Trader

Post by nonlinear »

I am bumping this older thread to see if any US folks have tried using FXCM's off shore server option (UK I believe). I have heard FXCM can run accounts on the UK Empty4 server and then net back-end like ATC, thus making FIFO not an issue anymore. Of course this only works for systems where execution delay (sending orders across the Atlantic) is not that important.
spgandau
Trader

Post by spgandau »

nonlinear » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:01 pm wrote:I am bumping this older thread to see if any US folks have tried using FXCM's off shore server option (UK I believe). I have heard FXCM can run accounts on the UK Empty4 server and then net back-end like ATC, thus making FIFO not an issue anymore. Of course this only works for systems where execution delay (sending orders across the Atlantic) is not that important.
hmm. with FXCM being 'run' by TradeStation, I had figured that this was a US-centric operation only. I would be curious to see the mechanics of making such a request of FXCM (or any other currency broker).

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”