Holy Graily Bob 'n Piproid

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

art » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:18 pm wrote:Still not had any trades, strange Steve had a nzdjpy trade open mine didn't I'm with global I assume Steve is as well
Yep. GP demo. HGB element on H4 and PP element as in PPoS. Trades done stonkingly well today.

On a wider note to those of you experimenting with the PP time frames, please let us know how you get on. The whole point of combining the two is to ally the power of HGI with PP's ability to spot a retrace from the overall trend. It will be fantastic if the PP element can be run on lower time frames.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
JohnnyAmpere
Trader

Post by JohnnyAmpere »

Starting yesterday I've got my HGB-Piproid running. The settings I'm using are W1,D1,H4 for Piproid and HGB runs on the 1H timeframe with TP-200, SL-60, BE-60, JS-60 on all pairs except CHF and Monday trading true. So far it looks good, 28 trades opened, 13 still open with 477 pips floating in plus and the closed trades are combined 61 pips plus. Still tweaking the settings bit by bit.

Is it possible to have a setting were we can decide at which level we place the pending order. As I understood correctly the standard settings for the pending orders are at next 20 level with a minimum of 10 pips. Especially for people who want to use the EA on lower settings this would be a nice addition. A 10 level for 1H trading and a 5 level for the lowest time frames would be ok I guess.
Mike
Trader

Post by Mike »

JohnnyAmpere » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:33 pm wrote:...Is it possible to have a setting were we can decide at which level we place the pending order. As I understood correctly the standard settings for the pending orders are at next 20 level with a minimum of 10 pips. Especially for people who want to use the EA on lower settings this would be a nice addition. A 10 level for 1H trading and a 5 level for the lowest time frames would be ok I guess.
Why optionally not a user-defined TF-related fraction of ATP, as long as the profit is > than a user-defined value?
Mike
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1a is in post 1, for those of you who want control over the levels at which HGBnP places the pending Main Trade.

Copied from the addendum to post 1:
Setting your own levels for the pending trades
HGB/HGBnP by default uses the next 20 level to set pending trades. Members have asked for this to be flexible - say the next 10 or even 5, so there are two inputs that allow you to do this in the "Pending or Market orders" section:
  • NextLevelPoints: the price level you want for the pending Main Trade. The way the function that calculates this next level demands that this input be expressed in Points, not our usual Pips, so the default of 200 means the next 20. For the next 10 line, it will be 100.
  • MinToNextLevelPips: this is the minimum number of pips you can allow between the market and the next level. If market - next level < MinToNextLevelPips, the bot calculates the next level along.
It is never as easy to make this sort of update as you might imagine, so sing out if you notice any problems.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

qvintus
Trader

Post by qvintus »

JohnnyAmpere » 23 Mar 2015, 20:33 wrote:Starting yesterday I've got my HGB-Piproid running. The settings I'm using are W1,D1,H4 for Piproid and HGB runs on the 1H timeframe with TP-200, SL-60, BE-60, JS-60 on all pairs except CHF and Monday trading true. So far it looks good, 28 trades opened, 13 still open with 477 pips floating in plus and the closed trades are combined 61 pips plus. Still tweaking the settings bit by bit.

Is it possible to have a setting were we can decide at which level we place the pending order. As I understood correctly the standard settings for the pending orders are at next 20 level with a minimum of 10 pips. Especially for people who want to use the EA on lower settings this would be a nice addition. A 10 level for 1H trading and a 5 level for the lowest time frames would be ok I guess.
Hi. Could you please check your myfxbook. It has not updated in 19 hours.
woodlands
Trader

Post by woodlands »

This is OOTB except for the PPoS part is W1,D1,H4 and trade Mondays is true (wanted to see it in action...) using HGB Basket Manager at 5%, GP demo a/c Lots 0.01
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/woodlan ... os/1197240
JohnnyAmpere
Trader

Post by JohnnyAmpere »

qvintus » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:58 pm wrote:
JohnnyAmpere » 23 Mar 2015, 20:33 wrote:Starting yesterday I've got my HGB-Piproid running. The settings I'm using are W1,D1,H4 for Piproid and HGB runs on the 1H timeframe with TP-200, SL-60, BE-60, JS-60 on all pairs except CHF and Monday trading true. So far it looks good, 28 trades opened, 13 still open with 477 pips floating in plus and the closed trades are combined 61 pips plus. Still tweaking the settings bit by bit.

Hi. Could you please check your myfxbook. It has not updated in 19 hours.
My MyFxbook doesn't update my Global Prime accounts automatically for some reason, I'll have to take a look at it to solve it, but you didn't miss a lot today on 1H. I had a really busy day today so I didn't update it manually yet, will do it in a sec.

@Steve
I'll update the my HGB-Piproid to the latest version and I'll see how it level setting works out. Thanks for applying this setting, I understand that it's not easy and I wouldn't have asked it if it was purely for my own benefit, but since some might want to test it out on the lower time frames it seemed like a good addition in my opinion. Of course I don't want to see this gem get broken due to too much adjustments like previous HGB.

Edit: btw I closed all trades last night with 30 euro profit because I changed some settings so I had a fresh start, it was at 50 earlier. Will do the same today after updating and from there on I probably won't change a lot anymore.
qvintus
Trader

Post by qvintus »

woodlands » 24 Mar 2015, 19:55 wrote:This is OOTB except for the PPoS part is W1,D1,H4 and trade Mondays is true (wanted to see it in action...) using HGB Basket Manager at 5%, GP demo a/c Lots 0.01
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/woodlan ... os/1197240
Nice!
JohnnyAmpere
Trader

Post by JohnnyAmpere »

For the people that read my deleted post please ignore it. I think I know why it didn't work, just need some confirmation because I have no trades popping up right now. Does the EA use the sweetspot lines of the 10.4 SSG indicator to place the pending orders?
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

JohnnyAmpere » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:33 pm wrote:For the people that read my deleted post please ignore it. I think I know why it didn't work, just need some confirmation because I have no trades popping up right now. Does the EA use the sweetspot lines of the 10.4 SSG indicator to place the pending orders?
No. I never mentioned it and so am quite baffled by you bringing it up. The calculations are in house. The demands made upon them might have broken the code.

Or they might merely not work with certain brokers.

Or they might work with certain brokers but not at certain times of the day.

Guys here should take more care over what they ask for, as asking it might break what they already had. It has happened before. Interfering with complex code that is working can fuck it up - in fact usually does. I am disappointed in myself for allowing myself to be sucked in again to this kind of lunacy.

I know how to return to the original, so let me know if this is necessary. At least, I hope I do. You might simply have persuaded me to break something that originally worked. I really must start deleting the registrations of people who do that.

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”