Holy Graily Bob 'n Piproid

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
JohnnyAmpere
Trader

Post by JohnnyAmpere »

I remember from a previous EA I used before, not from this forum, that it used lines drawn on the charts to place the orders on. Since I have no clue about coding and don't understand I thought a similar code was used. But if that is not the case then the function is not working as intented since it placed the pending order at the next 100 level when I set NextLevelPoints to 100. When I changed it to 10 it did place it at the 1 level, so that worked as intented. So like you said it could be anything that causes it.

Since it is by no means that I want to break the EA then it might indeed be better to leave it as it was. Like I said, I can live with the fact that it places the orders at the 20 level. It was merely a suggestion to make the EA more suitable for lower timeframes.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

JohnnyAmpere » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:11 pm wrote:I remember from a previous EA I used before, not from this forum, that it used lines drawn on the charts to place the orders on. Since I have no clue about coding and don't understand I thought a similar code was used. But if that is not the case then the function is not working as intented since it placed the pending order at the next 100 level when I set NextLevelPoints to 100. When I changed it to 10 it did place it at the 1 level, so that worked as intented. So like you said it could be anything that causes it.

Since it is by no means that I want to break the EA then it might indeed be better to leave it as it was. Like I said, I can live with the fact that it places the orders at the 20 level. It was merely a suggestion to make the EA more suitable for lower timeframes.
Hmmmmm.

Great.

Thanks.

You know guys, I am suddenly not at all sure that I can merely reverse the code I added today. Can someone please post V1 so I can replace the version in post 1 with it?

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
JohnnyAmpere
Trader

Post by JohnnyAmpere »

Here it is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Thanks. Post 1 is now back to where it was.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

JohnnyAmpere
Trader

Post by JohnnyAmpere »

I'm glad I at least contributed something useful to the thread. I'll think twice about asking to have something added. :smile:

All joking aside, if you do like to have the option available for the lower timeframes and check what could cause the issues, I am willing to test the experimental code out. I know you put a lot of time and effort in the coding, so from my view it's normal that we save you the hassle by testing it out before it goes live. Just make sure you keep the original file.
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have trades - EJ buys. :party:

tonyharmony
Trader

Post by tonyharmony »

SteveHopwood » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:18 pm wrote:I have trades - EJ buys. :party:

Woohoo! Me too! :yahoo:
One can't learn from one's success, but one can learn an enormous amount from one's failures! Determination to succeed is the only goal....
JohnnyAmpere
Trader

Post by JohnnyAmpere »

The 1H timeframe barely had any trades yesterday and today it's almost dead silent. I was expecting a lot more action on the 1H timeframes, maybe we are in a transaction phase on all pairs and the EA is keeping us out of trouble as it should. Let's see how it goes.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Post by TraderJoeForex »

Steve I love where all this is going... thank you for your efforts.

I have had good success manual trading HGI live on H1 and I am now testing HP live on H1 (W1 D1 H4 - No multitrades, just a max of two main trades (wavy and/or trend) and manual management to TP/ close.

I am also testing PPos on H1 (D1 H4 H1) in the same way so be interesting to compare results from both after a few weeks... and have a feeling both will be good :clap:
qvintus
Trader

Post by qvintus »

JohnnyAmpere » 23 Mar 2015, 20:33 wrote:Starting yesterday I've got my HGB-Piproid running. The settings I'm using are W1,D1,H4 for Piproid and HGB runs on the 1H timeframe with TP-200, SL-60, BE-60, JS-60 on all pairs except CHF and Monday trading true. So far it looks good, 28 trades opened, 13 still open with 477 pips floating in plus and the closed trades are combined 61 pips plus. Still tweaking the settings bit by bit.

Is it possible to have a setting were we can decide at which level we place the pending order. As I understood correctly the standard settings for the pending orders are at next 20 level with a minimum of 10 pips. Especially for people who want to use the EA on lower settings this would be a nice addition. A 10 level for 1H trading and a 5 level for the lowest time frames would be ok I guess.
Hi. I will start up a demo with HP also. Will report here once a week.
Did you tweek your H1 settings further since your post the 23:rd?

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”