Holy Graily Bob 'n Piproid

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
JohnnyAmpere
Trader

Post by JohnnyAmpere »

qvintus » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:14 pm wrote:
JohnnyAmpere » 23 Mar 2015, 20:33 wrote:Starting yesterday I've got my HGB-Piproid running. The settings I'm using are W1,D1,H4 for Piproid and HGB runs on the 1H timeframe with TP-200, SL-60, BE-60, JS-60 on all pairs except CHF and Monday trading true. So far it looks good, 28 trades opened, 13 still open with 477 pips floating in plus and the closed trades are combined 61 pips plus. Still tweaking the settings bit by bit.

Is it possible to have a setting were we can decide at which level we place the pending order. As I understood correctly the standard settings for the pending orders are at next 20 level with a minimum of 10 pips. Especially for people who want to use the EA on lower settings this would be a nice addition. A 10 level for 1H trading and a 5 level for the lowest time frames would be ok I guess.
Hi. I will start up a demo with HP also. Will report here once a week.
Did you tweek your H1 settings further since your post the 23:rd?
I did, but the rest of the week I barely had any trades. I was tinkering a bit the settings on Thursday and messed something up in there. HGB Piproid started placing pending signals for the same signal every ten minutes, I didn't have time to adjust until Friday evening when the markets were closed already.

Just like TraderJoeForex I switched the Piproid part to M1, W1 and D1. When testing out the regular HGB the RAD trades were my biggest source of pips. It barely opened up RAD trades with W1, D1, H4 which is logical actually. The RAD trades are placed before the retraces, so most of the time the last check will be according to the trend.

Maybe the RAD trades should only look at the first 2 checks if we want to benefit from it. Don't implement it right away, let's discus it first if my logic makes sense. :smile:
qvintus
Trader

Post by qvintus »

JohnnyAmpere » 29 Mar 2015, 00:36 wrote: I did, but the rest of the week I barely had any trades. I was tinkering a bit the settings on Thursday and messed something up in there. HGB Piproid started placing pending signals for the same signal every ten minutes, I didn't have time to adjust until Friday evening when the markets were closed already.

Just like TraderJoeForex I switched the Piproid part to M1, W1 and D1. When testing out the regular HGB the RAD trades were my biggest source of pips. It barely opened up RAD trades with W1, D1, H4 which is logical actually. The RAD trades are placed before the retraces, so most of the time the last check will be according to the trend.

Maybe the RAD trades should only look at the first 2 checks if we want to benefit from it. Don't implement it right away, let's discus it first if my logic makes sense. :smile:
I guess you mean H1 not M1, right?
SWG123
Trader

Post by SWG123 »

qvintus » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:51 pm wrote:
Think he means MN1 ;)
JohnnyAmpere
Trader

Post by JohnnyAmpere »

SWG123 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:53 pm wrote:
qvintus » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:51 pm wrote:
Think he means MN1 ;)
MN1 indeed, but I took it down, I opened a new demo to test some stuff out. I got some ideas in my head, but first I want to test them out before posting.
yamez
Trader

Post by yamez »

Piproid settings D1, H4, H1, trading on M15 using HGI_v16.04 M15. Trading 1st 3 hours of Euro session.

Nice start to this test (live account, 0.01 lots). Exited on trend lines. SL Blue wavy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Peepaws
Trader

Post by Peepaws »

I second this suggestion, only if you think it will not break the code and be simple to do! I feel that we could be missing many winning trade opportunities because the lowest TF bar is not going in the right direction at the time of the HGB signal appearing. Again ONLY if it will not hurt the code in any way.

I will gladly test it on my tiny live account. :hi:
JohnnyAmpere
Trader

Post by JohnnyAmpere »

Peepaws » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:25 pm wrote:

I second this suggestion, only if you think it will not break the code and be simple to do! I feel that we could be missing many winning trade opportunities because the lowest TF bar is not going in the right direction at the time of the HGB signal appearing. Again ONLY if it will not hurt the code in any way.

I will gladly test it on my tiny live account. :hi:
Or allow to put pending orders for a RAD trades when there's at least one other position open which should confirm the trend.

It's not like it never places RAD orders, but I think 70-80% get missed because of the Piproid segment.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

JohnnyAmpere » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:35 pm wrote:
Or allow to put pending orders for a RAD trades when there's at least one other position open which should confirm the trend.

It's not like it never places RAD orders, but I think 70-80% get missed because of the Piproid segment.
Isn't the Piproid segment the whole point here? Not entirely sure what is the point if it is removed - that just takes you back to HGB.

You want HGB with MN1 and W1 confirmation - that is different. Do the usual; prove it made a difference trading live and I will code it. Don't expect me to chase every whim here - it ain't going to happen.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
ALoveSvpreme
Trader

Post by ALoveSvpreme »

It would be great if not only rad trades, but all the trades had the option to reference only 2 time frames. We would get a lot more hgb trades, have them in line with the prevailing trend and still filter out the trades in pipmashers mixed trend periods. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers
globalintegrated
Trader

Post by globalintegrated »

This is Brilliant. What a great way to use HGB. This thing nabbed about 50+ pips earlier on the 15m TF.

15m TF
No SL
BE; 40, 2 and jump 25
trend only
no multi
exit on opposite signal

it set a pending just before the manufacturing pmi and got in at the top of the news release.. lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”