Technical problems running HGB'nG? Post here.

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

This thread is for you guys to thrash out your tech problems running HGB'nG. Discuss them here and not in the EA development thread.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
traderduke
Trader

Post by traderduke »

Is anybody else having this TIMEOUT problem. Its been happening all last week. The Ea fires the trade then it TIMEOUT & disconnects. leaving the trade & pending alive. It happens to random times to random pairs.
I'm running build 950 & windows 8.1

PS: OK, I dropped back to build 920 & it still happens.

See attached

Thanks
Ray

PSS: I restarted all 8 EA on build 920, the timeout stopped!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Foreverforex
Trader

Post by Foreverforex »

yes, experiencing similar issue. trades taken, then ea text disappears from screen (Ea stops working). But mine happens with no timeout alerts in the journal. the darn thing just seems to evaporate. looks like it's happening about 60% of the time. Running HGBnG on 4hr. Empty4 ver.4 Build 950
ALoveSvpreme
Trader

Post by ALoveSvpreme »

I have upgraded my vps to 8 GB of ram & dual core cpus, all instances of the EA have frozen overnight it seems there is no amount of power I can harness to run this EA... What Empty4 build is this running successfully on?
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

I am getting instances of EA's being unceremoniously dumped off charts.

We had this problem with one of the builds a few months ago, although that build went one better - it dumped entire charts.

I do not call Empty4 CraprTrader4 because I am secretly fond of it, or the coders the Cretins from CrapperTrader because I secretly admire their work.

CrapTrader4 is bollocks. Some builds are merely less bollocks.

I am writing this on my brand spanking new 8GB desktop hosting 11 crapforms without serious impact on its cpu, so it aint the computer.

My live trading account is hosted on the old and seriously under powered lappy I used as an emergency stopgap. It has no problems with freezing or dumped EA's, or deleted charts. Build 840. Builds on my new machine - 950. I will try copying the older build over later, and see if this solves the problem.

The Cretins at Crapperquotes have excelled themselves yet again.

Hey ho.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
ALoveSvpreme
Trader

Post by ALoveSvpreme »

Would someone post the installer file for build 840 Or direct Us To somewhere we can download previous builds of Empty4? I can't find previous versions anywhere.
milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

ALoveSvpreme » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:22 pm wrote:Would someone post the installer file for build 840 Or direct Us To somewhere we can download previous builds of Empty4? I can't find previous versions anywhere.
HGI will not work with builds before 920....

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
traderduke
Trader

Post by traderduke »

HGI will not work with builds before 920....

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Thanks Tommaso for that nugget of knowledge. You just saved me a lot of wasted time trying later builds.

It seems to fail less on 920 in a different way, it timesout after it closes the trades instead of after it opens them with 950.

TOO bad this Bas has many winners.

Ray
traderduke
Trader

Post by traderduke »

Steve you are aware that the Bas problem lead sends us here to the grid problem area.

I apologize for not mentioning which EA has which problem the Bas has timeouts & the Grid has overloads
The bas made it through the night, using build 920. I got 4 different pair trades with no timeouts. :yahoo:
best of luck
Ray
see attached:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ALoveSvpreme
Trader

Post by ALoveSvpreme »

traderduke » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:14 am wrote:Steve you are aware that the Bas problem lead sends us here to the grid problem area.

I apologize for not mentioning which EA has which problem the Bas has timeouts & the Grid has overloads
The bas made it through the night, using build 920. I got 4 different pair trades with no timeouts. :yahoo:
best of luck
Ray
see attached:
Is hgb grid running smoothly on 920 as well?

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”