Holy Graily Bob and his Ma, in a Hedge

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

My suspicions were aroused that there is a bloop in the position calculation code when I saw a total of 1,607 market trades displayed on the chart.

Go to line 2854, which should be a blank line, and add:
MarketTradesTotal = 0;

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
patmontes
Trader

Post by patmontes »

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately my testing this week did not push through...

How were your results?
trader689
Trader

Post by trader689 »

hey patmontes

my demo did well this week

at one point on thursday there was hardly any balance / equity gap but currently have a sizable drawdown accrued on friday

lets see how it pans out next week
patmontes » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:20 pm wrote:Hello everyone,

Unfortunately my testing this week did not push through...

How were your results?
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

I am encouraged by this bot as well.
Ma.png
This could and should have been so much better, but I sent stop losses with the trades so hedging did not take care of those UC losers.

Here is how profitable those trades should have been - vertical lines outline the trades:
Better.png
Hey ho.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

patmontes
Trader

Post by patmontes »

Thanks Steve and Joe! Looks good indeed!

After reading the latest version from the HGBnG thread on Kevin's idea of the Resending of limit orders after the Semafor close, I was thinking why don't we try the limit orders only trading here (instead of hedged) since the MAs act as filters already whether we are in a trend or not.

Will play around this coming week with this :jump:
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1h is in post 1.

When I started to think about adding Kevin's HGBnG improvements here, I realised this was creating "Holy Graily Bob 'n Grid, With His Ma, in a Hedge". :lol:

So that is what this bot has become - HGB'nG plus the 4 moving averages filter. This might be a better alternative for US traders unable to take advantage of the hedging capabilities as their stop and limit orders are in line with the latest HGI signal and be in the trend direction as calculated by the four moving averages.

Have a play with this once the markets have opened folks, and see what you think.

patmontes
Trader

Post by patmontes »

Amazing!

The one word that sums it! Thanks Steve!!!!
zaguy
Trader

Post by zaguy »

Thanks Steve!!
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

Hold back on the downloads just yet folks. syhchan spotted a couple of missing curly brackets in the trade closure function; they would have caused some pain in the morning.

I am adding Pat's idea of following the limit order grid with a stop order grid both here and to HGBnG. I am just awating Kevin running his eyes over the formula for calculating the starting price.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1j is in post 1.

The full name for this bot should be: Holy Graily Bob 'n Grid, and his Ma, in a Hedge. They are the same EA except for the extra moving averages filter here. The HGBnG user guide will provide a description of how to set up the inputs. I have not updated it yet, so read about today's developments at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 43#p136943.

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”