Holy Graily Bob and his Ma, in a Hedge

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1k is in post 1, with the same two teensy but important changes that you can make for yourselves if you want - different line numbers here.

Line 3986
SendSellGrid(Symbol(), OP_SELLSTOP, NormalizeDouble(Bid - ((DistanceBetweenTrades / factor) * GridSize), Digits), Lot);
becomes
SendSellGrid(Symbol(), OP_SELLSTOP, NormalizeDouble(Bid - ((DistanceBetweenTrades / factor) * (GridSize + 1)), Digits), Lot);

Line 4035
SendBuyGrid(Symbol(), OP_BUYSTOP, NormalizeDouble(Ask + ((DistanceBetweenTrades / factor) * GridSize), Digits), Lot);
becomes
SendBuyGrid(Symbol(), OP_BUYSTOP, NormalizeDouble(Ask + ((DistanceBetweenTrades / factor) * (GridSize + 1)), Digits), Lot);

Then line 8 to #define version "Version 1k" if you want the chart displaying the correct version no.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
zaguy
Trader

Post by zaguy »

Thank you Steve.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

V1 1l is in post 1. Same fix to the same problem as I just described in the HGBnG thread, but this time starting at line 2236.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

cyberevil
Trader

Post by cyberevil »

This is nice to see MAs in action as it brings back memories for me. I used to trade MA and S/R long ago and it made me some money but it was too time consuming and it would take up lot's of screen time. Wife didn't like it! :youknow:

I recently went back on a demo to test a idea of mine with my all time favorite MA which is 52 smooth with median price. Why you may ask? because I love the way it respects price and plays a really good support and resistance level on H1, 44 and D1. Plus there are 52 weeks in a year and it's my lucky number! JK :lol:

What I did was place a grid of buys and sells every time the price would touch the MA. I would cash out at a profit of 1-2% and it worked better then I expected and this was without HGI. Sometimes I would have two or even 3 sets of grids going in the same direction because the price keeps retracing and going up retracing and going up again and to avoid whiplash I would wait minimum 8 hours before putting the next grid on if the price touched the MA again within 8 hours. In same cases 8 hours was not enough because the price kept hovering around the MA and I had to just think for myself and not place anymore grids. Whenever I was hedged heavily I would try to get out at a small loss or break even.

For this I used very small lots so that they can be compounded. MM is the key to this strategy.

I need to start messing with the HGBnG shell ea :roll:

Here is an example. Ignore the trades on the chart .
Capture2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

It seems to me that if we really have got this hedging/exit_hedging business sussed over in HGBnG, then everything is possible. All that changes is the starting trade trigger and how we accommodate our friends from the US.

I suggest leaving HGBnG and this one running for a few weeks and see what comes up.

cyberevil » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:39 pm wrote:This is nice to see MAs in action as it brings back memories for me. I used to trade MA and S/R long ago and it made me some money but it was too time consuming and it would take up lot's of screen time. Wife didn't like it! :youknow:

I recently went back on a demo to test a idea of mine with my all time favorite MA which is 52 smooth with median price. Why you may ask? because I love the way it respects price and plays a really good support and resistance level on H1, 44 and D1. Plus there are 52 weeks in a year and it's my lucky number! JK :lol:

What I did was place a grid of buys and sells every time the price would touch the MA. I would cash out at a profit of 1-2% and it worked better then I expected and this was without HGI. Sometimes I would have two or even 3 sets of grids going in the same direction because the price keeps retracing and going up retracing and going up again and to avoid whiplash I would wait minimum 8 hours before putting the next grid on if the price touched the MA again within 8 hours. In same cases 8 hours was not enough because the price kept hovering around the MA and I had to just think for myself and not place anymore grids. Whenever I was hedged heavily I would try to get out at a small loss or break even.

For this I used very small lots so that they can be compounded. MM is the key to this strategy.

I need to start messing with the HGBnG shell ea :roll:

Here is an example. Ignore the trades on the chart .

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1m is in post 1. Same fixes for the same problems I just described in HGBnG.

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”