Holy Graily Bob 'n Sixths

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
szfxtrader
Trader

Post by szfxtrader »

SteveHopwood » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:30 pm wrote:V 1h is in post 1. You do not need this update if you are not using Limit orders as well as Stop orders (AddLimitOrders input).

Dan pm'd me to say he was getting 'invalid stop' errors and the limit orders not being sent. I had got my '+' and '-' the wrong way around. So:
line 1821
price = Ask + (DistanceBetweenTrades / factor);

should be
price = Ask - (DistanceBetweenTrades / factor);

line 1833
price = Bid - (DistanceBetweenTrades / factor);

should be
price = Bid + (DistanceBetweenTrades / factor);

:xm:
Thank you, I believe line 807 has a small bug, it should check if the 3 level indicator is installed, not the HGI, right?
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

szfxtrader » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:55 am wrote:
Thank you, I believe line 807 has a small bug, it should check if the 3 level indicator is installed, not the HGI, right?
Brilliant spot. Thanks. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: One of my copy/paste/forget-to-edit bloops.

Line 807:
if (!indiExists( HGI_Name )

should be:
if (!indiExists( "3 Level" ))

This is in a section of code headed, "Dimwit checks" so you need not bother with the update if you are not an idiot.

Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
szfxtrader
Trader

Post by szfxtrader »

SteveHopwood » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:18 am wrote:
Brilliant spot. Thanks. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: One of my copy/paste/forget-to-edit bloops.

Line 807:
if (!indiExists( HGI_Name )

should be:
if (!indiExists( "3 Level" ))

This is in a section of code headed, "Dimwit checks" so you need not bother with the update if you are not an idiot.

Welcome : )
szfxtrader
Trader

Post by szfxtrader »

Boulder » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:29 pm wrote:Guys this thing is a machine;

One observation I'd like to make though; both terminals were returning these errors very rapidly

I suspect that these have got to do with the global take profit for all the trades in a single pair at the magenta middle line. Since price and even the orders have already traversed beyond the magenta line, a TP at that level can't be set of course (a SL on the other hand could). When I closed off the trades above everything was fine and dandy. However I wonder (wasn't near the terminals to follow the process unfortunately) as to how these orders have been placed that far a distance? My current trades on EURUSD and USDCHF have been laid out wonderfully, as can be witnessed below:

In any case, HGBnS sure seems to be a promising nifty thingy :jump:
Hi, could you please let me know if you are using stop and limits or just stop orders?
Boulder
Trader

Post by Boulder »

szfxtrader » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:26 pm wrote: Hi, could you please let me know if you are using stop and limits or just stop orders?
Hey szfxtrader,

sure until this point I used stop orders exclusively. I've ran into some technical problems but could neutralise the situation. The result as follows:
Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 13.28.45.png
Now I've just set up a terminal OOTB apart from:
  • - stop and limit orders
    - all pairs except the NZD ones
    - CSS off for this one in order to engage with more oportunities
    - 0.01 per 1500 DollopOfCash (out of caution not to overtrade, might reduce this to 1 per 2000)
    - 135 bars (as a comprise between 120 and 150 :roll: )
    - TPs at the magenta middle line
    - Tommaso's sAPBM set at 4% basket TP and a relaunch time of 2 hours
With this I'm hoping to catch about 2-3 basket TPs per week on average. Also, I'm intending to go into weekends holding no open positions with this strategy. DD also kept in check quite neatly.

Good luck!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windorz
Trader

Post by windorz »

Thank you Boulder :good:

My result is not same yours and not so great so far.

I would like to try with your set file.

Could you shear your set file (HGBnS and APTM) ?

Thanks in advance
Boulder » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:51 pm wrote:
Hey szfxtrader,

sure until this point I used stop orders exclusively. I've ran into some technical problems but could neutralise the situation. The result as follows:

- 0.01 per 1500 DollopOfCash (out of caution not to overtrade, might reduce this to 1 per 2000)
With this I'm hoping to catch about 2-3 basket TPs per week on average. Also, I'm intending to go into weekends holding no open positions with this strategy. DD also kept in check quite neatly.

Good luck!
szfxtrader
Trader

Post by szfxtrader »

Boulder » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:51 am wrote:
Hey szfxtrader,

Good luck!
Thank you, why don't you like the NZD pairs? : )
Boulder
Trader

Post by Boulder »

Got no particular personal quarrel with kiwi :) just preserving some CPU for my dear old computers here :)
HGBnS does its thing perfectly well. In the screenshots below, orders have been sent out when market is below level 3:
Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 20.52.22.png
Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 20.52.13.png
Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 20.53.38.png
I'm curious to see how these'll play out. Usually I'd wait for a sign of reversal (usually given by the HGI) to take countertrend trades. Considering that the market is, by virtue of the sixths indicator, positioned relatively low (in the lowest segment) laying out countertrend trades there makes sense indeed. It just feels nearly "unnatural" to trade without HGI's confirmation :D
Anyways will let the trades open over the weekend and see how things unfold next week. Have a good weekend !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
patmontes
Trader

Post by patmontes »

Hi Boulder,

got those same trades as you... was thinking now if we have that kind of trade triggered by the semafor if it would be a good option to have hedging, both buy and sell stops sent just to have added comfort :?:
vectieba
Trader

Post by vectieba »

This was my results from the 31st of May. I closed all trades on Friday since it was in a nice profit and will start up the EA on Sunday again. Will see how the new week goes, looking very good so far. I am using OOTB settings with HGI_v 16.08 on the 4 hour charts. This is on a $3000 demo account. I have been running it on 24 currency pairs.
HGBnS_zpsxnyjkq7x.png

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”