Holy Graily Bob 'n Sixths

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

vectieba » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:48 am wrote:This was my results from the 31st of May. I closed all trades on Friday since it was in a nice profit and will start up the EA on Sunday again. Will see how the new week goes, looking very good so far. I am using OOTB settings with HGI_v 16.08 on the 4 hour charts. This is on a $3000 demo account. I have been running it on 24 currency pairs.
Brilliant results. Great to see. :clap: :clap: :clap:

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

SteveHopwood » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:03 pm wrote:
vectieba » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:48 am wrote:This was my results from the 31st of May. I closed all trades on Friday since it was in a nice profit and will start up the EA on Sunday again. Will see how the new week goes, looking very good so far. I am using OOTB settings with HGI_v 16.08 on the 4 hour charts. This is on a $3000 demo account. I have been running it on 24 currency pairs.
Brilliant results. Great to see. :clap: :clap: :clap:

:xm:
Hi Vectieba,

I totally agree with Steve..what is impressive is the fact that you had small losses for a big return and more so with open and closed trades... :good:

Keep it up buddy.

Cheers
Leon
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

vectieba » 04 Jun 2016, 12:48 wrote:This was my results from the 31st of May. I closed all trades on Friday since it was in a nice profit and will start up the EA on Sunday again. Will see how the new week goes, looking very good so far. I am using OOTB settings with HGI_v 16.08 on the 4 hour charts. This is on a $3000 demo account. I have been running it on 24 currency pairs.
Hi. I am also prepared to do a 24/5 test next week . What settings would help to get comparable results? Maybe without CSS? And please tell me your pairs.
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
Boulder
Trader

Post by Boulder »

patmontes » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:51 am wrote:Hi Boulder,

got those same trades as you... was thinking now if we have that kind of trade triggered by the semafor if it would be a good option to have hedging, both buy and sell stops sent just to have added comfort :?:
Heya Patmontes,

Funny that you mention it, was contemplating exactly the same thing as well! Take EURJPY for example:
EURJPY.JPG
The last HGI signal indicates a RAD pointing downwards. In combination with a quick analysis using CSS:
CSS EURJPY.JPG
JPY being strong and on the rise. EUR in decline, yet a rather steep bump upwards recently. The overall picture combining both HGI and CSS suggests that chances are that EURJPY may drop even further now it has broken out of that range. Having those buys laid out there could therefore become rather ugly. However, this is exactly the situation that could be avoided thanks to the CSS being brilliantly integrated in HGBnS. Just marvelous :shock:

Now, for a slightly more aggressive approach as I'm intending to develop is also based on the fact that markets indeed range and make big moves up and down. Using the Sixths as a tool to time and exploit the mean-reversion principle seems to be a very viable method indeed (once again thanks Charles and Nanningbob!). My approach would be to capture and capitalise such moves rather quickly and therefore engage in more opportunities. This could be done without the use of CSS. Now the situation described above is one of the pitfalls of not using the CSS. If we however - as u already mentioned Patmontes - activate a hedge when Level 3 gets triggered above the blue line without being supported by a HGI signal, then our situation would be covered much better indeed I'd suspect. My primary concern would be to avoid getting tangled in fully activated symmetrical hedges, even though brilliant work has been delivered by Steve and Bruster to cope with one should it occur (see Rinse and Repeat and HGBnG). Yet it is not desirable as chances are that you'll be left with unsymmetrical situations and gaps after the hedging techniques have kicked in. Strict management and regular intervention therefore remain paramount! Now what may be a major key here is that the odds of incidence of a fully activated symmetrical hedge at Level 3 in the top or bottom sixth-segment could be substantially less than say a hedge in the middle of the screen. The market has moved up to a relatively 'extreme' level and should be ready for a retrace sooner or later. In regards to trades triggered by the HGI between the blue and yellow segment, I'd just keep using stop and limit orders. Also will keep Tommaso's sAPBM on to ensure capturing the moves. You might wonder why since this might prematurely cut very good trades short. I've got the basket manager set at 4%. Catching 4% is not too shabby when it happens if we relate it to the 20% p.a. on average that hedgefund managers aim to achieve :) Reducing market exposure, having a clean sheet without gaps regularly, going into weekends care-free with no open positions to worry about (as much as I can of course since situations do arise when letting trades open over the weekend is the better alternative). Consistently closing a basket or two this way per week would be utterly amazing and it's the goal I'm personally after.

To close off this long (and possibly tedious :smile: ) post, I'd like to exhibit a few quotes which I always hold dear by our esteemed members here on SHF:
SteveHopwood » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:32 pm wrote: There is an unbreakable, unshakable and unavoidable rule of retail forex trading and it is this: if it can happen and it is bad for you, then it will happen, and probably sooner rather than later.
boldtrader » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:24 am wrote: "Make Your 20, Bank Your Money".
Captain Jack » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:29 pm wrote: For those who are having trouble trying to find the perfect entry or exit into a trade, forget it. You've seen me post about taking a trade where ever I see them now....that is my style. I don't need a major trend to make money, yes money and not pips. It's about making a profitable trade as opposed to making a losing trade, or worse, bleeding your accounts dry or hitting margin calls due to a large DD from your trade(s). Cutting a losing trade early is more "profitable" to your account than marrying yourself to the trade only to see a very unhappy divorce at a later time. NEVER GET GREEDY AND ALWAYS TAKE WHAT IS GIVEN!! If you don't, it WILL be taken back!!
Cheers,

Aram
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Boulder on Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
vectieba
Trader

Post by vectieba »

tomele » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:50 pm wrote:
vectieba » 04 Jun 2016, 12:48 wrote:This was my results from the 31st of May. I closed all trades on Friday since it was in a nice profit and will start up the EA on Sunday again. Will see how the new week goes, looking very good so far. I am using OOTB settings with HGI_v 16.08 on the 4 hour charts. This is on a $3000 demo account. I have been running it on 24 currency pairs.
Hi. I am also prepared to do a 24/5 test next week . What settings would help to get comparable results? Maybe without CSS? And please tell me your pairs.
Hi. These are the pairs that I am using and as I said in my previous post I am using OOTB settings.
Pairs.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
What makes a good EA ... low drawdown, consistent profit!
szfxtrader
Trader

Post by szfxtrader »

vectieba » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:40 am wrote:
Hi. These are the pairs that I am using and as I said in my previous post I am using OOTB settings.
Thanks for sharing, if you don't mind, could you please also let us know if you are using CSS and limit orders? Thank you in advance for you reply!
vectieba
Trader

Post by vectieba »

I am using OOTB settings meaning everything is defaulted and I have not changed anything. CSS and Limit orders are on by defualt, so yes.
What makes a good EA ... low drawdown, consistent profit!
szfxtrader
Trader

Post by szfxtrader »

vectieba » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:14 am wrote:I am using OOTB settings meaning everything is defaulted and I have not changed anything. CSS and Limit orders are on by defualt, so yes.
Thank you very much.
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

vectieba » 06 Jun 2016, 13:14 wrote:I am using OOTB settings meaning everything is defaulted and I have not changed anything. CSS and Limit orders are on by defualt, so yes.
Hi.

I am running a test on the same pairs OOTB, but CSS off. We will see how this compares.

Thomas
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
nicolkoekoek
Trader

Post by nicolkoekoek »

Hi all, Hi Steve,

First of all a big thanks Steve for sharing you programming skills and time! THANKS!

I have been away from the forum for a while, but I am all in again.. I was looking for a similar concept as the HGB's Sixths so really enjoying it. I kept it open last Friday and got the big Gold run up, but it could have easily have been a big looser, as Gold usually sells off after the news gets out on a Risk-news event. it was a nice test and really looking forward to see the outcome from a longer test, in all kinds of markets enviroments.

I am running it on the 4hr OOTB and here is a link.

Keep smiling,

Nicolaas

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”