Holy Graily Bob in a MTF stack

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
DigitalCrypto
Trader

Post by DigitalCrypto »

Yes this seems logical that it would close on M5 based on the previous comment being true and this code following. It would only generate buy/sell signals on M5 when orders are open. The problem for me is Steve has this code down to an art. Any change I make usually breaks something else so I don't touch it for that reason.

@Steve can you confirm?

Code: Select all

//We have trades open, so can we stack on the lower time frame
      if (OpenTrades > 0)
      {
         if (StackHgiStatus == Trenduparrow || (StackHgiStatus == Wavebuytrend && TradeTheBlueWave) )
         {
            if (Ask > HighestBuyPrice)
               BuySignal = true;
         }//if (StackHgiStatus == Trenduparrow || StackHgiStatus == Wavebuytrend)

if (StackHgiStatus == Trenddownarrow || (StackHgiStatus == Waveselltrend && TradeTheBlueWave) )
         {
            if (Bid < LowestSellPrice)
               SellSignal = true;
         }//if (StackHgiStatus == Trenduparrow || StackHgiStatus == Wavebuytrend)

}//if (OpenTrades > 0)

//Close trades on an opposite direction signal
      BuyCloseSignal = false;
      SellCloseSignal = false;

if (BuySignal)
         if (CloseOnOppositeSignal)
            SellCloseSignal = true;

if (SellSignal)
         if (CloseOnOppositeSignal)
            BuyCloseSignal = true;
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

DigitalCrypto » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:34 pm wrote:Yes this seems logical that it would close on M5 based on the previous comment being true and this code following. It would only generate buy/sell signals on M5 when orders are open. The problem for me is Steve has this code down to an art. Any change I make usually breaks something else so I don't touch it for that reason.

@Steve can you confirm?
Dunno. I coded what you sent me in your spec and I cannot remember what that was. In Steve coding terms, this was sometime in the last millennium.

I have a vague recollection that a first trade had to be taken on a higher time frame, then stack trades on a lower. Stack trades would not be taken before an initial trade. An opposite direction signal on the htf would close the trades. You should not have told me that was what you wanted if it was not what you wanted.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
DigitalCrypto
Trader

Post by DigitalCrypto »

Yes that's exactly right. It should start trading on M15 signal. It should add every m15 and every m5. It should exit on M15 condition yellow wave, opposite signal or what have you. But it appears that trades are being closed on opposite signal on the stacking timeframe.

In looking at the "Close On Opposite Signal" condition in the EA it doesn't seem to filter whether the BuySignal or SellSignal came from the TradingTimeFrame or the StackingTimeFrame. The stackingtime frame will generate these two signals. Should there be a filter to see if it came from the FirstTradeTimeframe before closing the trade?
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

DigitalCrypto » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:28 pm wrote:Yes that's exactly right. It should start trading on M15 signal. It should add every m15 and every m5. It should exit on M15 condition yellow wave, opposite signal or what have you. But it appears that trades are being closed on opposite signal on the stacking timeframe.

In looking at the "Close On Opposite Signal" condition in the EA it doesn't seem to filter whether the BuySignal or SellSignal came from the TradingTimeFrame or the StackingTimeFrame. The stackingtime frame will generate these two signals. Should there be a filter to see if it came from the FirstTradeTimeframe before closing the trade?
Yes. It should be a simple re-ordering of a few bits of code. I will have a look.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

It turned out not to be a simple thingy at all and I am far from sure that I have succeeded, so try V 1d in post 1.

You might like to chose the time of day with care if needing to tell me the bloody thing does not work.

DigitalCrypto
Trader

Post by DigitalCrypto »

Thank you Steve. I am setting this up in conjunction with Bob's latest thread CSS & HGI.
windorz
Trader

Post by windorz »

Today result

- M15/M5
- H1 EMA34 filter
- BE15/5
- JS 10
- CSS off
it works!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by windorz on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
goldcourse
Trader

Post by goldcourse »

windorz » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:34 am wrote:Today result

- M15/M5
- H1 EMA34 filter
- BE15/5
- JS 10

it works!
windorz,

Are you on v1d?