Holy Graily Bob 'n Dotty

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
Wavegarrick
Trader

Holy Graily Bob 'n Dotty

Post by Wavegarrick »

pakeha wrote:Leon

Have you ever used the "trading hours" input (delimited text) for your HGB&D set files as a way to only trade a single session (e.g. London) or a set number of hours (London to NY open)? For the sixths setfile I realize it would mean more EAs running, but less manual work every day. Just a thought.
Hi Pakeha, yes you can go that route. I prefer to manually select my pairs, afterall I am close to my computer most of the day. For the Folks that leave their computer it would definitely be an option. I have many other ea's that I am testing so it's wise for me not to blow smoke out of my computer :smile:

Cheers
Leon
szfxtrader
Trader

Holy Graily Bob 'n Dotty

Post by szfxtrader »

pakeha » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:08 am wrote:
Leon

Have you ever used the "trading hours" input (delimited text) for your HGB&D set files as a way to only trade a single session (e.g. London) or a set number of hours (London to NY open)? For the sixths setfile I realize it would mean more EAs running, but less manual work every day. Just a thought.

Hi There,

The trading hours has a small bug, if you set it to start at +08.00,-19.00 , it will show outside trading hours all the time if the starting time selected is in the future*, I am not sure if it is just a display bug, I just noticed it a few minutes ago when I was trying to set the EA.

*Example: Local time now = 07:50 , so even after it be 08:00 or later the EA will show outside trading hours.
Wavegarrick
Trader

Holy Graily Bob 'n Dotty

Post by Wavegarrick »

Hi Guys,

I had my butt kicked yesterday with the strong breakout moves especially with the Aussie pairs :arrrg: . I am now looking at incorporating the sixths in conjunction with the buy low sell high zones on the higher timeframes, looking at 15min and 1 Hr at this stage. Heck we have these strong extra filters so why not use them?

I am using the same principle by not using hedging and less trades with higher profit targets.

Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers
Leon
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Holy Graily Bob 'n Dotty

Post by SteveHopwood »

It is possible to disable this EA in the lead up to a news release - this applies to all of the Dotty family and pretty much everything I have coded for about 3 years. Go to Rene's http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =97&t=5039 and download the EA. It goes on a single chart on your Empty4 platform and set up the inputs to do whatever it is you want it to do. Rene's EA will talk to all of mine and stop them doing anything in the run up to a news release.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
pakeha
Trader

Holy Graily Bob 'n Dotty

Post by pakeha »

Wavegarrick » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:53 pm wrote:Hi Guys,

I had my butt kicked yesterday with the strong breakout moves especially with the Aussie pairs :arrrg: . I am now looking at incorporating the sixths in conjunction with the buy low sell high zones on the higher timeframes, looking at 15min and 1 Hr at this stage. Heck we have these strong extra filters so why not use them?

I am using the same principle by not using hedging and less trades with higher profit targets.

Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers
Leon
Yep, got caught in the same moves. You mentioned "balls of steel" - feels like hemorrhoids to me :o
Wavegarrick
Trader

Holy Graily Bob 'n Dotty

Post by Wavegarrick »

Hi Guys,

Some tweaks on my previous set posted. What impresses me is the low drawdown here. :good:
#Hgbdotty & Hilo 25 pips.set
Refer to Hgbdotty hilo 25 Pips
USDCHFWeekly 220317.png
Cheers
Leon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sudhindragk
Trader

Holy Graily Bob 'n Dotty

Post by sudhindragk »

Hi Leon,

What pairs did you put them on?

Thanks and Regards
SUDHINDRA
Wavegarrick
Trader

Holy Graily Bob 'n Dotty

Post by Wavegarrick »

Hi Sudhindra,

As you can see I concentrate mostly on the Majors but temptations let me trade the crosspairs from time to time. Gbpusd got slammed yesterday with the strong moves in Ny. Not what I expected :arrrg:

Cheers
Leon
USDCHFMonthly 230317.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Holy Graily Bob 'n Dotty

Post by SteveHopwood »

The latest version of the core library is at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =87&t=5077

The update is of no significance. A member asked me yesterday to create an EA trading single trades purely from triple Super Slope. I was sure that HGBnDnSS could be configured to trade this way and concocted a set file that should allow this.

I never see an inputs screen and had forgotten that a lot of the inputs in the library were followed by a comment explaining their purpose, and that the input name shown to the user is replaced by the comments. This is unhelpful to a noob trying to make sense of this stuff by reading the user guide, so I have moved the comments so that the input name is shown to the user instead.

Never noticed? Noticed but don't care? You do not need the update.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Holy Graily Bob 'n Dotty

Post by SteveHopwood »

The latest version of the core library is at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =87&t=5077. It acts in conjunction with a new piece of work by Rene. Please read, "Rene's HGBnD - MultiSymbol - Controller.mq4." in post 1 of the shell thread.

You only need the updated library if you intend using Rene's controller.

Thanks Rene. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”