Holy Graily Bob 'n Dotty 'n SuperSlope

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
WhoKnows
Trader

Post by WhoKnows »

Thanks dclayw,
I just discovered and read the whole thread.
A lot of interesting information to digest.
My hat off for I probably the most impressive, thorough long term testing I have seen. :good:
dclayw
Trader

Post by dclayw »

WhoKnows » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:18 pm wrote:Thanks dclayw,
I just discovered and read the whole thread.
A lot of interesting information to digest.
My hat off for I probably the most impressive, thorough long term testing I have seen. :good:
Thanks. I'm not quite done with this EA yet. Just taking a short break before xmas.
dclayw
Trader

Post by dclayw »

Back for another year .....and happy new year to all :party:

I'm continuing with my native SS testing, concentrating on basket trading it right now. Results are not too bad, I'll post sometime later.

I've just had a problem with a new demo test I started up. It's exactly the same as some tests I already have running, only difference is basket TP, magic number etc. I keep very close tabs on quality control, ensuring my Empty4 instances are all the same etc. Anyway, this new terminal started throwing 4109 errors (trade not allowed in expert properties). I have all appropriate settings in place to ensure live trading is enabled, so that's definitely not the problem.

The only errors I can see in the journals/logs are 4109, (there's a billion of them) can't see anything else unusual. But I did notice the Empty4 instance is using around 400MB ram. The other 2 instances I have running on this VPS are both using 264MB ram. All 3 instances have the exact same number of charts (23), with same indicators and same EA running on each chart.

I restarted the instance, it was still using around 400MB ram. I restarted it again, and now it's using about the same amount of ram as the other 2 and is picking up trades correctly. I'm thinking maybe the instance could be corrupted somehow. I might delete it and and recreate it and hopefully that will fix the problem. The VPS has 2GB of ram which should be enough for 3 instances, with the 3 instances running it's now sitting at around 73% usage (was 80%+).

Thoughts anyone? I want to try and avoid this 4109 error.
JonCodesBad
Trader

Post by JonCodesBad »

dclayw » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:40 am wrote: Thoughts anyone? I want to try and avoid this 4109 error.

ERR_TRADE_NOT_ALLOWED
Trade is not allowed. Enable checkbox "Allow live trading" in the Expert Advisor properties
dclayw
Trader

Post by dclayw »

JonCodesBad » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:41 am wrote:
ERR_TRADE_NOT_ALLOWED
Trade is not allowed. Enable checkbox "Allow live trading" in the Expert Advisor properties
I know my posts can be a little bit long-winded, but you do need to read what I wrote before posting. I clearly stated that it is not a settings problem.
renexxxx
Trader

Post by renexxxx »

dclayw » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:40 pm wrote: Thoughts anyone? I want to try and avoid this 4109 error.
In order to assist you with this problem, I need to replicate your environment in order to be able to reproduce the 4109 error. So, you need to advise

(1) What br0ker are you using?
(2) What charts are open? (symbol, timeframe)
(3) What is running on these charts? (EA, indicators). Provide the .mq4 files if not already available
(4) Build number of Empty4? (probably 1090)
(5) Your settings of Tools -> Options, Expert Advisors-tab and Tools -> Options, Charts-tab, Max bars in history, Max bars on chart? (The latter two numbers effect the size of the terminal.exe memory footprint)

If I can't reproduce the error, I can't help you.
dclayw
Trader

Post by dclayw »

@renexxxx ,
Thanks for offering to help. Rather then cluttering up this thread I'll PM you with all the info you asked for. I have a master copy of Empty4 that I use for creating any other copies, so all my Empty4 instances are the same. In particular the instance I had the problem with was a newly created one.

Also, the same EA and indis that are running on this instance have been running for >6weeks on 2 other instances on the same VPS, and I have not noticed any problems on those instances. The only difference between the instances is basket TP via APTM.

The VPS where these 3 instances are running has 2GB ram. It does start getting problems (intermittent non-responding Empty4 instances) if I try to run 4 on it.

After I noticed the problem yesterday I restarted the instance a couple of times (after the 2nd time memory usage then looked "normal"), and I've not had a problem with the instance since. I expect it might be a difficult problem to reproduce.

I'll let you know if I see it again. In any case this weekend I'll stop using that instance and create a fresh one (my thinking is that something may not have been copied quite right the first time).

David
Kopan
Trader

Post by Kopan »

Just a thought here:
Error 4109 "Trade is Disabled" could be related to Error 133 "Trade is Disabled".

What I found with 133 is that the Broker Server and my Client PC terminal were out of synch with each other relative to the "state" of an individual trade.

It occurred when the EA on my client terminal thinks that a trade is in PENDING status whilst the Broker Server had moved it from "Pending" to "Active/Open" status. Hence when an OrderModify() was attempted it gave an Error 133 "Trade is Disabled".

Evidently my Client missed the acknowledgement of the status change from the Broker's server. The only way I could clear the error was to reboot the instance. The trade status then gets updated and the error goes away.

It happened only rarely and was rather impossible to re-create the scenario on demand. But I noticed that it seemed to happen only after I re-complied or re-loaded an EA while there were already Active/Open trades in existence. So now I only re-load during quiet market periods or when there are no trades already on the account. I don't get those 133 errors anymore...

Error 4109 may or may not behave similarly - just providing an approach to consider.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Don't we all just love Empty4. :arrrg:

Hey ho.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
dclayw
Trader

Post by dclayw »

Here's a test I've been running on H4 since 20 November last year. I shut this test down for 1 week over xmas so it's been running for 8 weeks now. Basket TP is 500 pips. No holding trades over the weekend, all trades are closed at 23:45 Friday nights. I'm also running the exact same test but with 250 pips basket TP, it's doing OK but not as well as this one.

A basket SL would kill this system for sure but I'm thinking that a basket break even might be beneficial, e.g once the basket reaches X pips then close the basket if it goes back to 0. APTM doesn't do this just yet.
sh.PNG
@trader689, a while back you also posted that you were basket trading this EA on D1. How's that been going? I'd be interested to know how you are actually using the EA, if you've made your own mods etc. I've found that basket trading on H4 seems to give better overall results rather then D1. The runs are bigger on D1 ofcourse, but D1 also gives too much back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”