Tomele and Steve's Blindbot

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
zyx
Trader

Post by zyx »

SteveHopwood » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:12 am wrote:I just checked the demo and found him endlessly deleting and replacing the buy stop side of the grid - GJ only
Im seeing the same thing on HGBnd - on EURUSD as well as GJ.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

zyx » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:09 pm wrote:
SteveHopwood » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:12 am wrote:I just checked the demo and found him endlessly deleting and replacing the buy stop side of the grid - GJ only
Im seeing the same thing on HGBnd - on EURUSD as well as GJ.
It is a logic bloop in the new code.

CloseOnOppositeSignalOrTrendChange tells the bot to, for example, close market buys and delete buy stops when we are using HGI and there is a sell signal. So the bots delete the outstanding pending buy stops in one part of the code, then obediently replaces them further in. :arrrg: :arrrg: :arrrg:

Disable CloseOnOppositeSignalOrTrendChange in HGBnD for now and I will sort this out. Blindbot's equivalent input is CloseOnHgiChange.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have attempted to fix some faulty logic in the latest version. Post one as usual.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

bitbybit

Post by bitbybit »

Thee'a and EA sort of like this called snowball - but the entry has a manual trigger.
User clicks the chart at his price and when price gets there lots of magical things happen. :smile:
1Direction
Trader

Post by 1Direction »

What a fun bot to watch doing its magic!!

One day results bellow on Dax Index M5 all positions closed. I closed the last open one manually all others were handled by the bot.

Wondering why feedback on this EA is quite low. I'll keep on playing with it the next days and report back if interest is here, great entertainment.

Thanks for sharing the idea
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mbfx

Post by mbfx »

1Direction » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:05 pm wrote:What a fun bot to watch doing its magic!!

One day results bellow on Dax Index M5 all positions closed. I closed the last open one manually all others were handled by the bot.

Wondering why feedback on this EA is quite low. I'll keep on playing with it the next days and report back if interest is here, great entertainment.

Thanks for sharing the idea

:clap: Nice gains,

Could you post your set ?
1Direction
Trader

Post by 1Direction »

mbfx » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:07 am wrote:
:clap: Nice gains,

Could you post your set ?
Sure, here you go
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

Time to revisit Blindbot with the benefit of all of Thomas' corrections. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: The new version is in post 1.

I have included sixths as an option for experimentation. If enabled, Blindbot:
  • zooms the chart out as far as possible.
  • divides the chart into quarters.
  • only trades when the market is in the top and bottom quarters, avoiding the middle. The idea is to avoid trading when the market is most likely to go in for extended periods of sideways movement. It remains to be seen whether this is a benefit or not I do not have it enables on my demo.
The problem with my first version was that DD always ran at around double the accrued profit. Early days, but this is not happening with the new version, so it is looking promising.

rapple
Trader

Post by rapple »

Thanks Steve and Thomas

Will try on Demo :yahoo:

Cheers Richard

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”