HGBnD shell

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

HGBnD shell

Post by SteveHopwood »

Sod it. I don't need to wait for the one more word. You are gone.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

HGBnD shell

Post by SteveHopwood »

In light of some of the dafter posts here tonight, I have added an addendum about this to post 1.

:xm:

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

tomele
Administrator

HGBnD shell

Post by tomele »

:good:
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
renexxxx
Trader

HGBnD shell

Post by renexxxx »

This is just a heads-up for those who want to report a 'bug' in the HGBnD - MultiSymbol - Controller: It IS possible that you get more open symbols than the limit set with the MaxNumberOfOpenSymbols. For example: you have set MaxNumberOfOpenSymbol = 5, but you find that the number of distinct open symbols is currently 6.

This can happen if two symbols were opened at the exact same second (look at the 'Time' column of the 'Trade' tab).

The MultiSymbol controller is scheduled to only run every second ... so if two different pairs are opened at the same time, there is not much the controller can do about it.
SteveHopwood
Owner

HGBnD shell

Post by SteveHopwood »

The latest updates to the core library, code shell and user guide are in post 1.

Tommaso gave me a useful tip yesterday. Read about it in the 'sinput' section in post 1.

SteveHopwood
Owner

HGBnD shell

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have updated the core library in post 1, in line with what Radar taught me yesterday in this post: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 43#p153043

The change is easy to make. Go to line 2848 and you will see this code block:

Code: Select all

currentPeakHigh = iHigh( Symbol(), tf, iHighest( Symbol(), tf, MODE_HIGH, NoOfBarsOnChart, 1 ) );
   currentPeakLow = iLow( Symbol(), tf, iLowest( Symbol(), tf, MODE_LOW, NoOfBarsOnChart, 1 ) );
   //Starting point for the lines
   currentPeakHighBar = iHighest(Symbol(), tf, MODE_HIGH, NoOfBarsOnChart, 1);
   currentPeakLowBar = iLowest(Symbol(), tf, MODE_LOW, NoOfBarsOnChart, 1);
   //Adapt them if they are too short to be visible on the chart
   if (currentPeakHighBar < 4)
      currentPeakHighBar = 4;
   if (currentPeakLow < 4)
      currentPeakLowBar = 4;

Copy this over the top:

Code: Select all

//Starting point for the lines and bar shift for the peaks
   currentPeakHighBar = iHighest(Symbol(), tf, MODE_CLOSE, NoOfBarsOnChart, 1);
   currentPeakLowBar = iLowest(Symbol(), tf, MODE_CLOSE, NoOfBarsOnChart, 1);
   //Read the peak prices
   currentPeakHigh = iClose(Symbol(), tf, currentPeakHighBar);
   currentPeakLow = iClose(Symbol(), tf, currentPeakLowBar);

//Adapt them if they are too short to be visible on the chart
   if (currentPeakHighBar < 4)
      currentPeakHighBar = 4;
   if (currentPeakLow < 4)
      currentPeakLowBar = 4;

MikeDR2

HGBnD shell

Post by MikeDR2 »

Hi guys !

Let me start of by saying that even though I have a tiny coding experience (about a drop compared to the vast ocean of coding-wizzardry on SHF), I find it hard to grasp all of the functionality of the HGBnD shell and HGBnD itself.

I recently bumped into this thread during one of my epic "read-and-learn-all-you-can-nights" on this wonderful platform and I was immediately sold. :o

So I downloaded the HGBnD-shell and HGBnD and put the lib in the right folder.

I cannot for the life of me get the shell nor the HGBnD to work properly on a chart. Empty4 just freezes after 2 seconds and I have to forcefully shut it down and try again.
Over the course of the last few days, I investigated and I noticed that compiling the HGBnD core library spits out 100 errors, most of them 'undeclared variables'.
screen.png
I read and reread the manual and the topic, but my tiny brain finds it impossible to figure out why I have this problem. I know that the code on SHF is more than robust and has been working flawless for ages. So the problem is PICNIC (Problem in Chair, not in Computer).
I understand that people can add code to the shell, to fabricate their own EA, but that is not my goal. I did not find anything about adding lines to the library. I just wanted to experiment/test the HGBnD. It seems so effective ;)

I tried declaring the bool 'sixths' myself, to get rid of the first error, and that seems to have worked. It does not however feel right to do this 99 more times. I am on Crap build 1065, if that helps.

Can anyone please point this novice in the right direction ?

Appreciated ! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner

HGBnD shell

Post by SteveHopwood »

MikeDR2 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:49 pm wrote:Hi guys !

Let me start of by saying that even though I have a tiny coding experience (about a drop compared to the vast ocean of coding-wizzardry on SHF), I find it hard to grasp all of the functionality of the HGBnD shell and HGBnD itself.

I recently bumped into this thread during one of my epic "read-and-learn-all-you-can-nights" on this wonderful platform and I was immediately sold. :o

So I downloaded the HGBnD-shell and HGBnD and put the lib in the right folder.

I cannot for the life of me get the shell nor the HGBnD to work properly on a chart. Empty4 just freezes after 2 seconds and I have to forcefully shut it down and try again.
Over the course of the last few days, I investigated and I noticed that compiling the HGBnD core library spits out 100 errors, most of them 'undeclared variables'.

I read and reread the manual and the topic, but my tiny brain finds it impossible to figure out why I have this problem. I know that the code on SHF is more than robust and has been working flawless for ages. So the problem is PICNIC (Problem in Chair, not in Computer).
I understand that people can add code to the shell, to fabricate their own EA, but that is not my goal. I did not find anything about adding lines to the library. I just wanted to experiment/test the HGBnD. It seems so effective ;)

I tried declaring the bool 'sixths' myself, to get rid of the first error, and that seems to have worked. It does not however feel right to do this 99 more times. I am on Crap build 1065, if that helps.

Can anyone please point this novice in the right direction ?

Appreciated ! :D
This is not a thread for would-be coders. My shells are unlikely to be thingies that would-be coders would be able to use, so don't feel bad. You are trying, so I am jumping in to help.

You do not compile libraries. The number of errors that will be generated if you do will terrify you. They are also irrelevant.

A library is added to the EA source code at EA compile time. You compile the EA source code with the #include <HGBnD core library.mqh> command included - line 352 in the latest incarnation of HGBnSnSSnFB, or do a search for the command in other bots including the library.

Load the library and the EA you are linking it to into your editor. Go to the library and deliberately enter an errant letter somewhere - try the very top of the code so you know where it is. Then go to the ea and compile it - it will throw up an error message that will lead you to the errant letter you just typed in.

So, to make changes to the library:
  • make the changes you want.
  • go to the EA source code and compile. Any errors you have introduced into the library will be highlighted as an error and double clicking on the error message will take you to the offending line in the library.
Anything else stopping the code from compiling properly or the ea from loading, is down to something you are doing wrong. Good luck finding out what.

MikeDR2

HGBnD shell

Post by MikeDR2 »

Thank you, Steve, for taking the time to narrow down the possibilities. I will continue searching, and am confident that I will get it working properly eventually, since I can now focus my efforts more precisely.

Much obliged ! :D
m0nk111
Trader

HGBnD shell

Post by m0nk111 »

Hi,
thx for having me on your forum. i love all the stuff ive been testing.
i like to limit down trades on Thursday, and end trades on Friday, so i dont get punished by any weekend gap. so i made an adjustment to the multisymbol controller EA of rene, maybe you like it.
(btw, note i just started to code with Empty4. i only have limited experience with php)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”