HGBnD shell

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

HGBnD shell

Post by SteveHopwood »

There was more wrong than I imagined. :arrrg: I think the shell is working properly now.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

HGBnD shell

Post by SteveHopwood »

You need the same fixes I just described in the HGBnD thread if you downloaded the shell before I typed this post.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

SteveHopwood
Owner

HGBnD shell

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have updated the shell again.

I wanted to use it last night, to import the Super Slope trade trigger from the existing HGBnDnSS. I found this code using variables such as MediumTimeFrame, already declared in the buy low sell high stuff.

I have placed 'Hgi' in front of all the HGI inputs and variables, and Blsh somewhere in all the BLSH inputs and variables.

szfxtrader
Trader

HGBnD shell

Post by szfxtrader »

Hi Steve,

I would like to make a suggestion for the shell.

Code: Select all

void OnTick()
{

From: ReadIndicatorValues();//This might want moving to the trading section at the end of this function if EveryTickMode = false

To: if (EveryTickMode) ReadIndicatorValues();

//From:
//Trading
      if (EveryTickMode) OldBarsTime = 0;
      if (OldBarsTime != iTime(NULL, TradingTimeFrame, 0)) {
         OldBarsTime = iTime(NULL, TradingTimeFrame, 0);
         //ReadIndicatorValues(); Remember to delete the call higher up in this function if EveryTickMode = false

//To:
if (!EveryTickMode) ReadIndicatorValues(); //Remember to delete the call higher up in this function if EveryTickMode = false
I am not writing the lines numbers because the shell that I am using is not the same as yours.
SteveHopwood
Owner

HGBnD shell

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have updated both files in post 1. I have added the missing code to deal with the HgiCloseOnYellowRangeWave input. I have placed the relevant code within void ShouldTradesBeClosed().

SteveHopwood
Owner

HGBnD shell

Post by SteveHopwood »

Latest update to the shell and library are in post 1.

I realised that we need bool LookForTradeClosure(int ticket) in the shell rather than the library as coders will want closures based on the indi they are adding. bool LookForTradeClosure(int ticket) in the library has morphed into bool LookForUsualTradeClosure(int ticket).

SteveHopwood
Owner

HGBnD shell

Post by SteveHopwood »

A little thingy I just noticed is that comments in the core library code replace the external input in the ea's inputs window. The six inputs that had "//Server time" after the variable only show "Server time" in the inputs window.

Either delete the six comments or use this feature to describe the variable's use more descriptively - along the lines of "//Enter your Friday stop trading hour in server time". I have updated the library in post 1 for newcomers.

SteveHopwood
Owner

HGBnD shell

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have started to convert existing versions of the HGBnD family and the first thing I found was that DisplayUserFeedback() needs to be in the .mq4 file, not the .mqh

I have made these changes to the files in post 1, for newcomers.

szfxtrader
Trader

HGBnD shell

Post by szfxtrader »

SteveHopwood » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:18 am wrote:I have started to convert existing versions of the HGBnD family and the first thing I found was that DisplayUserFeedback() needs to be in the .mq4 file, not the .mqh

I have made these changes to the files in post 1, for newcomers.

Thank you very much! I would like to make a suggestion about the SendMail messages.

1749 from: SendMail("Trade sent ", Symbol() + stype + "trade at " + TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(), TIME_DATE|TIME_MINUTES));

to: SendMail("Trade sent", Symbol() + " @ " + DoubleToStr(Ask, Digits) + " - " + stype + " trade at " + TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(), TIME_DATE|TIME_MINUTES));

1791 from: SendMail("Trade alert. ", Symbol() + " " + stype + " trade has triggered. " + TimeToStr(TimeLocal(), TIME_DATE|TIME_MINUTES|TIME_SECONDS ));

to: SendMail("Trade Alert", Symbol() + " @ " + DoubleToStr(Ask, Digits) + " - " + stype + " trade has triggered. " + TimeToStr(TimeLocal(), TIME_DATE|TIME_MINUTES|TIME_SECONDS ));

It will be much easier for the person has an idea where the EA has opened the trades.
SteveHopwood
Owner

HGBnD shell

Post by SteveHopwood »

szfxtrader » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:31 am wrote:
Thank you very much! I would like to make a suggestion about the SendMail messages.

1749 from: SendMail("Trade sent ", Symbol() + stype + "trade at " + TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(), TIME_DATE|TIME_MINUTES));

to: SendMail("Trade sent", Symbol() + " @ " + DoubleToStr(Ask, Digits) + " - " + stype + " trade at " + TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(), TIME_DATE|TIME_MINUTES));

1791 from: SendMail("Trade alert. ", Symbol() + " " + stype + " trade has triggered. " + TimeToStr(TimeLocal(), TIME_DATE|TIME_MINUTES|TIME_SECONDS ));

to: SendMail("Trade Alert", Symbol() + " @ " + DoubleToStr(Ask, Digits) + " - " + stype + " trade has triggered. " + TimeToStr(TimeLocal(), TIME_DATE|TIME_MINUTES|TIME_SECONDS ));

It will be much easier for the person has an idea where the EA has opened the trades.
Suggestion adopted. :clap: :clap:

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”