Holy Graily Bob's Candle Power for the confused.

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
Barcode
Trader

Post by Barcode »

Barcode » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:15 am wrote:
Barcode » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:25 am wrote:I have a problem with the trading hours settings. I'm in Australia and want the EA to trade from 7pm until 6am the next day.

I've set the tradingHours to '+19.00,-06.00'. This is obviously not working as shown in the pics below. It was taken at 10:04pm as shown on the bottom right corner. Yet the display says it's outside trading hours.

I presume the problem is because I'm trading from one day to the next. Should I split it into 2 sessions such as '+19.00,-24.00,+00.01,-06.00' ?

Bob
I solved my Trading Hours problem with some help from WhoKnows.

I'm using '+00.01,-06.00,+19.00,-24.00'. It's worked for the last 2 nights so all is good.

Bob
I tried '-6.00,+19.00' last night and that also works. :smile:

Bob
The 10 most powerful 2 letter words in the world.

If it is to be, it is up to me.
bugkeab

Post by bugkeab »

I want to test CP with h4/m5 h4 exit move Stop to BE
After 40 pips

How to set to close some m5 posotions that still not move Stop to BE yet if m5 opposite signal showup.

This may help some positions growth more pips before
H4 close signal.
dreambig2
Trader

Crazy Negative Global Closure idea

Post by dreambig2 »

:shock: As i was trying to get to sleep late the other night with CP and Awesome running around in my head I had a very "out of the box" either good idea or very crazy one.

:? I'm sure we've all noticed that most set files start out with a bang then old DD creeps in either slowly or quickly but either way seems to take out some pretty good set file profits. It seems to me that once sets that accumulated pips quickly would reach DD of 10-20 cash plus, they rarely were able to overcome at least for quite some time. I am testing basket closures of cash 5 and global basket closures of cash 5 together in a couple of sets. Right now using M1-M5-M15 sets. This is allowing the EA to accumulate small steady profit and be able to "reset" and carry on when the globals are triggered. This is cutting back on DD by keeping it cut back in the first place. I am farther fighting DD by manually closing NEGATIVE trades when DD goes into the 10-20 cash range...I do this as I can between work, sleep etc.

:youknow: Here enters my "idea". What if there was a negative global closure option that would close all negative trades at a given value...thus allowing the positive trades to carry on and close in the positive and the EA a chance to continue on anew. This is actually working with an Awesome set file I am tweaking with though not as well since it depends on when I get a chance to close trades.
Can this type of coding be done?

Thoughts and ideas welcome
cheers
db

EDIT 12-13-17: I have not been able to give this idea the attention it requires....shift work is a hard mistress
so I will not be able to post vetted results.....maybe in the future this could continue to be
a project but not for now. :|
Last edited by dreambig2 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Crazy Negative Global Closure idea

Post by SteveHopwood »

dreambig2 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:49 pm wrote: :youknow: Here enters my "idea". What if there was a negative global closure option that would close all negative trades at a given value...thus allowing the positive trades to carry on and close in the positive and the EA a chance to continue on anew. This is actually working with an Awesome set file I am tweaking with though not as well since it depends on when I get a chance to close trades.
Can this type of coding be done?
I think this is worth investigating.
  • What do you mean by 'global'? Pair by pair or across the entire platform?
  • Are you envisioning a 'hard' cash figure as in x dollars, or as a percentage of the account balance or equity?
:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
dreambig2
Trader

Crazy Negative Closure Idea

Post by dreambig2 »

I will use the Awesome v1q set that this idea is working best so far on for illustration.
GP demo. $400 account balance.

Attached will be my Basket settings for now, TradeReport past 24 hours and set file if anyone interested to look at. Work in progress

By Global Basket Trading setting I mean a setting of hard cash (or percentage, I like cash) across all open trades on the chart that the EA is attached to. Right now on any Awesome chart I have this set attached to, when $5 is reached all trades will close and EA begins anew. No DD. I don't mean close across entire platform as other charts with EA's attached would be doing their own thing. (If I am misunderstanding the question please let me know).

At this time I have an additional Symbol Basket Trading set at same $5 as the Global. This appears to be allowing EA to take $5 symbol profits while other pairs with smaller amounts will be working toward the Global target, or heading to DD.

I had a chance to close all negative trades once during this period when DD got to around -$32...I would not have let DD get lower than -$20 had I been home....there was enough positive trades for the EA to immediately close for a +$5 and the EA was ready to go again with 0 DD.

Will begin anew next week and with some posted successful sets that were fast gainers to see how goes.
Looking to try running from just before London open thru NY overlap next week each time as well as 24 hours.

:good:
db

EDIT: See edit in prior post above....I believe the set file to still be a pretty good starting point....does a
fair job and better with some tweaking.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dreambig2 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dreambig2
Trader

Post by dreambig2 »

Removed my clutter.
Last edited by dreambig2 on Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
DigitalCrypto
Trader

Post by DigitalCrypto »

Is there a CP shell without HGI?
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

DigitalCrypto » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:08 pm wrote:Is there a CP shell without HGI?
No. Delete the #import from the top of the file, delete the externs and associated variables, recompile, follow the error messages and delete the code throwing up the error. It will take 5 minutes.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

DigitalCrypto
Trader

Post by DigitalCrypto »

Yes of course of course. You know I had a completely dyslexic moment. I meant to ask if there was an HGI shell without CP. Sorry about that. I figure it's the same steps so I will get on it. :D
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

DigitalCrypto » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:45 pm wrote:Yes of course of course. You know I had a completely dyslexic moment. I meant to ask if there was an HGI shell without CP. Sorry about that. I figure it's the same steps so I will get on it. :D
Yes it is always the same process.

Adapting this to other circumstances, sometimes I am working something for someone who swears upon the life of all his unborn descendants (ok, slight exaggeration but you get my drift) that there are no circumstances whatsoever under which such-and-such a shell feature will ever be required and that non-deletion of said feature is a deal breaker.

I would accommodate these people in my early days, until I learned how often they would turn around after a few days of testing and ask to have the totally and utterly useless feature added back in. They tended to be a tad on the offended side by my reply.

What I do these days is, delete the 'extern' in front of the input so the punter does not see it. This is something to bear in mind if adapting my shells for use with your group. We have a saying here in the UK that goes, "What the eye does not see, the heart does not grieve over."

It also saves having to add back in later, something you knew damn well the punter needed in the first place, but was too thick to see it. :lol:

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”