Holy Graily Bob 'n Thomas

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

SERIOUS WARNING
  • Most Forex traders lose all their money.
  • Using the robot posted here in trading Forex does not guarantee success.
  • Trading this robot could lead to serious financial loss.
  • Trading this robot without understanding its underlying trading strategies guarantees traders will lose their money.
  • This is not a set-and-forget ea; there is no such thing and anyone who tries to claim there is, is either stupid or lying. This ea requires frequent manual intervention.
  • At best, a trading robot is only 90% as good as the manual strategy it trades. At best. At worst, it can be much less effective. If the strategy is rubbish, so is the robot.
  • To trade this robot, you have to understand:
    • How to use EA's.
    • Bob's Holy Grail Indicator from http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 44#p105044
      • You also need the hgi_lib.mqh in your Libraries folder.
    • Thomas' multi time frame version of HGI from http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =27&t=5313.
    • Moving averages should you decide to use this optional filter.

MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS POST http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 41#p111241 There was a Forex bloodbath on Jan 15th 2015 that you need to know about.

This EA is inspired by Thomas' MTF version of HGI. You will see the stunning potential of his version as soon as you run it for the first time. Fantastic stuff, Thomas. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You do not need the indi on your chart, so leave it on whilst you are settling in with the EA, then remove it to save your CPU resources. HGBnT uses the hgi_lib library to make his calculations.

Trades are opened following a signal on the trading time frame, assuming that the higher time frames stack up. Trades are closed by HGBnT when:
      • there is an opposite direction signal.
      • optionally, when a yellow wavy appears.
      Trade signals followed are the large arrows and blue wavy lines.

You will see Bob's Moving Average filter is available - it is part of the shell and I saw no need to remove it.

The attached Shell User Guide contains a description of all the usual inputs. Other inputs concern the signals to trade in the trading time frame section of the HGI inputs, then the choice of time frame for each of the HTF HGI's. There is one specific input that you need to understand, at the top of the "Higher time frames" inputs:
      • HtfMinimumAlignment: this is the number of higher time frames that must all have: a buy signal (green arrow or blue wavy with the market above the line) for a long trade; a sell signal (red arrow or blue wavy with the market below the line) for a short trade The default of 3 means that all three of the HTF's must show the same signals.
      HGI is intended as a 'here and now' indi, so EveryTickMode is enabled by default. I have HGBnT reading the HTF HGI's once a minute to save CPU resources; I can make this a user input if enough of you want this. The EA has to look back in time until it finds a relevant signal and this can be many bars ago, so we do not want umpteen instances of HGBnT all searching for the signal at every tick.

HGBnT starts by looking at the current candle for all its HTF signals, so these are subject to possible transient signals. Whining about this will get you into trouble. It will show me that you are too lazy and stupid to arm yourself with the requisite understanding of what HGI is about. I will eviscerate you and will be as rude as it is possible to be, for the sadistic entertainment of SHF members with brains.

There could be, and probably are, bugs in the code. We will squish them at the start of the week.

I have no idea whether this bot will have legs; it is an experiment. Suck it and see.

:xm:

Matters of general interest
      Go here to download and run the script that will fill your platform's missing chart history: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... f=15&t=254
      Read this post:
      http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... p?f=6&t=78 Newbie traders, read this for inspiration and warning. Those of you who have suffered losses, read it for inspiration.

Masterly summary of hedging: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread. ... ost4977179

EA coding
      I receive may requests to code EA's. Traders, if I code your EA for free, then I will share it here. If you want me to code your EA without sharing, then my fee is $100 payable into my paypal account. I explain why at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... ?f=15&t=79, at the bottom of the post.

Useful utilities/EA's/scripts
-

-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
trader689
Trader

Post by trader689 »

Many thanks Steve for coding this and also thanks to Tomele/Thomas for the original inspiration

:good:
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

Nice work guys look forward to testing this :hi:
Sandovich
Trader

Post by Sandovich »

It is not closing trades on the opposite signal of the HGI input fields.

Opened BUY trade correctly but didnt close when HGI had a Blue wavey line and a opposite Down Trend signal.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Sandovich » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:15 pm wrote:It is not closing trades on the opposite signal of the HGI input fields.

Opened BUY trade correctly but didnt close when HGI had a Blue wavey line and a opposite Down Trend signal.
That is a logic bloop; I see what I did wrong.. I will fix it in a bit.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

Logic bloop fixed in V 1a in post 1.

Classy people, do a search for
if (BuySignal)

and replace it with

if (TradeHgiStatus == hgiup)

Then do a search for
if (SellSignal)

and replace it with

if (TradeHgiStatus == hgidown)

Barcode
Trader

Post by Barcode »

Steve,

This long trade was taken on USDCHF when H1 was black not green. Snapshot from Files attached, also setfile.

Bob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The 10 most powerful 2 letter words in the world.

If it is to be, it is up to me.
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

Barcode wrote:This long trade was taken on USDCHF when H1 was black not green. Snapshot from Files attached, also setfile.
Bob, as you can see from the EA output, the H1 HGI signal status seen by the EA was "up" in the moment of the trade. Possibly a few seconds later, after the next refresh, the MTF HGI H1 bar would have been the same. I dont know. Why dont you understand how these things work? I tried to explain it to you quite a few times now.

Before you question Steves coding, you should really hunt that down and prove it. Set the RefreshSeconds for MTF HGI Bars to 5 seconds or so and the come back if it still happens.

But maybe my piece of advice for you comes too late anyway.
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

Barcode » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:29 pm wrote:Steve,

This long trade was taken on USDCHF when H1 was black not green. Snapshot from Files attached, also setfile.

Bob
I infer from Thomas' reply that he has already dealt with you on several occasions but that you are too stupid to take any notice.

Shut up or I will shut you up. SHF is not a place for idiots and your membership is in jeopardy. Your best interests are served by staying quiet and working thingies out for yourself.

Sandovich
Trader

Post by Sandovich »

Max Trades set to 5 .
Only seems to take one trade per currency . Out of the last 3 trades it took it enters on Blue wavey line , not sure if it is only taking blue wavey line trades and ignoring trend arrows or if its limited to only taking one trade at a time per currency .

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”