HGB's Candle Power multi-pair combined trader and dashboard

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

HGB's Candle Power multi-pair combined trader and dashboard

Post by SteveHopwood »

SERIOUS WARNING MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS POST http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 41#p111241 There was a Forex bloodbath on Jan 15th 2015 that you need to know about.

This multi-pair version of Holy Graily Bob's Candle Power is a fusion of Thomas' dashboard and autotrading. I started with Thomas' dashboard and tacked the trading facilities on to his code. You will be presented with Thomas' dashboard when you run the EA.

You will see all of the dashboard inputs. After that you will see all the usual CP inputs, so if you have used CP then you can use this one. The autotrader inputs are in the "Using the dashboard as an auto-trader" section: AutoTradingEnabled is the input that turns trading on/off.

There are more details in the attached user guide.

:xm:

Matters of general interest
Go here to download and run the script that will fill your platform's missing chart history: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... f=15&t=254
Read this post:
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... p?f=6&t=78 Newbie traders, read this for inspiration and warning. Those of you who have suffered losses, read it for inspiration.

Masterly summary of hedging: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread. ... ost4977179

EA coding
I receive may requests to code EA's. Traders, if I code your EA for free, then I will share it here. If you want me to code your EA without sharing, then my fee is $100 payable into my paypal account. I explain why at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... ?f=15&t=79, at the bottom of the post.

Useful utilities/EA's/scripts -

-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
tonyharmony
Trader

Holy Graily Bob's multi-pair combined trader and dashboard

Post by tonyharmony »

Thanks again Steve for taking the time! :clap: :cheer:

Looking forward to testing this beast...

Cheers
Tony :D
One can't learn from one's success, but one can learn an enormous amount from one's failures! Determination to succeed is the only goal....
dreambig2
Trader

Post by dreambig2 »

:good: :clap:
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

First bloops have emerged. Maximillian has just pointed out one to me in a PM. Thanks Max. :clap: :clap: :clap: Make sure you read the rest of this.

The fix is in post 1, but for DIYers:
Go to line 507 StopLoss=StopLossPips;

Copy this over the top of the entire block up to 514:

Code: Select all

StopLoss=StopLossPips;
   TakeProfit=TakeProfitPips;
   BreakEvenPips=BreakEvenTargetPips;
   BreakEvenProfit = BreakEvenTargetProfit;
   JumpingStopPips = JumpingStopTargetPips;
   TrailingStopPips= TrailingStopTargetPips;
   //HiddenPips=PipsHiddenFromCriminal;
   MinDistanceBetweenTrades = MinDistanceBetweenTradesPips;
None of the various breakeven, jumping stops etc will work otherwise.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

Weyk
Trader

Post by Weyk »

Ok, maybe i found something. But not in the code cause i'am not that good in programming...

Tried a high number for SsTradingDifferenceThreshold. In CP-multipair i have a bunch of trades oppened. In Awesome is the same number for SsTradingDifferenceThreshold, same TF and is just one trade. In Awesome i'am using 1M FB so it should give me a lot of trades. Seems that threshold is working in Awesome, but in CP-multipair doesn't...
If you put your mind onto something sooner or later it will come up with the solution.
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

Weyk » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:25 am wrote:Ok, maybe i found something. But not in the code cause i'am not that good in programming...

Tried a high number for SsTradingDifferenceThreshold. In CP-multipair i have a bunch of trades oppened. In Awesome is the same number for SsTradingDifferenceThreshold, same TF and is just one trade. In Awesome i'am using 1M FB so it should give me a lot of trades. Seems that threshold is working in Awesome, but in CP-multipair doesn't...
The problem will not be in the SS code - it is the same across any EA that uses it.

I had an EU sell yesterday. HGI and SS were correct, but Peaky was showing long so there should have been no sell. The most likely cause is that there is a bloop in the code that puts all the signals together and generates a trade signal. I could not find it yesterday and will not find it today as I am busy elsewhere. I will have a good glare at it tomorrow and see if I can stare it down. :lol:

Sing out, anybody else with wrong-looking trades. It might help me pinpoint the fault.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1a is in post 1.

I spent a while glaring at the code.

It didn't even bother to glare back - just completely ignored me.

I did some code rationalising and made the bot read the indis at the open of each TradingTimeFrame candle instead of each individual indi time frame, for simplicity.

The real bloop spot came about 15 minutes ago in the form of a pm from Maximilian. Those of you who have grovelled around under the hood will understand what he meant when he pointed out that BuySignal[] and SellSignal[] were never set to 'false'. Once set to 'true' they would remain so until the next restart.

Codeslingers will be familiar with looking for hours for a complicated bloop, only to find it is a really, really simple one at the opposite end of the code we have been staring at for hours. :arrrg: :arrrg: :arrrg:

Thanks Maximillion. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1b is in post 1. I figured out a way to add a spread filter.

SteveHopwood
Owner

HGB's Combined multi-pair combined trader and dashboard

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have posted a fresh version of 1b in post one.

There is nothing new in the code, so this is no big deal. I forgot that extern inputs followed by a \\comment display the comment in the input window instead of the variable's name, when using a library. I had forgotten this latest irritant from the C@C and noticed when I was setting the bot up on a VP demo.

Wavegarrick
Trader

HGB's Combined multi-pair combined trader and dashboard

Post by Wavegarrick »

Hi Steve,

Many thanks for his Ea.

It has all I am looking for in a strict strategy.

Testing and time will tell.

Cheers
Leon.

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”