Holy Graily Bob 'n Thomas multi-pair and dashboard EA

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
Yannis
Trader

Post by Yannis »

SilverTrader » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:17 pm wrote:Hi Steve and Yannis
I am using Chrome, but have corrected the filename and still get the same problem?
I then download with FireFox and still get the same problem?

I am copying a .set file from the previous version, could that be causing the problem given the observations from Yannis?
Just for the story, because I do have the same problem with chrome when I download files that have an apostrophe or a parenthesis etc... I always mark and copy the name of the file and then I use save link as where I rename the filename, removing the % signs that are added when I click directly on the file to download it.
Long story short, I don't have the % sign in the filename either.

P.S. Talking about older preset, have you downloaded the last version of the EA along with the last include file?
(WriteT2M4HGBT.mqh)
SilverTrader
Trader

Post by SilverTrader »

I had already, thank you Yannis.
Last edited by SilverTrader on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kind Regards
Wayne

Never look down on a person, unless you plan to help him up!
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

Hi @ all.

Here is the first database report for HGBT.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
forexdj
Trader

Post by forexdj »

The last two days have not been good but what happened today changed everything.
This week so far...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UKIONA VYAELEA JUA VIMEUNDWA!
dreambig2
Trader

Post by dreambig2 »

:? :shock: Hmmmmm....think I may have a corrupted platform running....wouldn't run TCRSS this week now when I try to run HGBT its saying HGI indi expired even though HGI runs fine on new clean charts....got rid of the % sign browser added....loaded lib and MTF HGI Bars for good measure.....never run into this before....any suggestions before I scrap this demo is appreciated.

db
Maximilian
Trader

Post by Maximilian »

forexdj » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:26 pm wrote:The last two days have not been good but what happened today changed everything.
This week so far...
Same here

:jump:
dreambig2 wrote::? :shock: Hmmmmm....think I may have a corrupted platform running....wouldn't run TCRSS this week now when I try to run HGBT its saying HGI indi expired even though HGI runs fine on new clean charts....got rid of the % sign browser added....loaded lib and MTF HGI Bars for good measure.....never run into this before....any suggestions before I scrap this demo is appreciated.

db
Did you renew the HGI library?
Quote from the first post:

" You also need the hgi_lib.mqh in your Libraries folder."

Cheers,
Max
dreambig2
Trader

Post by dreambig2 »

thx max and trader, :)

Had loaded updated files.
Went ahead and created new demo....reloaded all and ea appears working now.
Late in week but going to check out following settings.....going with .1 lot to see if quick in and outs will result.

15/H1/H4/D
.1 lot
Trend Trades
10 Max
10 Min Dist
Trend Arrows and BW
Min Align 2
Basket 30 cash
Only poss swap
Zeljko filter

Cheers
db

Edit: no go over time.
Last edited by dreambig2 on Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
renexxxx
Trader

Post by renexxxx »

Maximilian » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:59 am wrote: Did you renew the HGI library?
Quote from the first post:

" You also need the hgi_lib.mqh in your Libraries folder."

Cheers,
Max
No, you don't. hgi_lib.mqh is an include file and as such it needs to be placed in the \Include folder. Moreover, you only need the .mq4 and .mqh files if you want to compile the code to .ex4 files. At runtime the Empty4 runtime system needs the .ex4 files (it can't read .mq4 and .mqh files -- these are for human consumption). Since the source code refers to hgi_lib.ex4, (via the line: #import "hgi_lib.ex4", which is present in the hgi_lib.mqh file), you do need the hgi_lib.ex4 file in the \Libraries folder. This file (hgi_lib.ex4) is the one that has an expiry date and of which you need the latest version.

To summarize:

At compile time you need:
  • The .mq4 file of the code you wish to compile
  • All the .mqh files referred to in the .mq4 file via the #include statement. (in the \Include folder)
At runtime you need:
  • The .ex4 file of the code you wish to run
  • All the .ex4 files referred to in the source via the #import statement. (in the \Libraries folder).
At runtime you don't need any of the source files. The runtime system can't read them. Of course you can keep them for in case you want to make a change to the code and compile them again.

Hope this clarifies.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Today has been one of those barrel-loads of fun days. Those of you like me, dipping an experimental toe into trading HGBT live, I hope you enjoyed yourselves just as much.
XAUUSDH1.png
I haven't looked at individual charts, but a day like today must have been the result of some substantial market moves, so remember that Thursday is often a reversal day. I have shut down HGBT on my live account for the week, and will start again on Monday. No need to risk giving back all those lovely green pips. I strongly advise you to do the same if you are able.

I had some losses on Monday and Tuesday, so the end-of-week result will not be quite so good. It will still be excellent and the cumulative live-trading will still be most encouraging.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
dreambig2
Trader

Post by dreambig2 »

[quote="
To summarize:......Hope this clarifies.[/quote]

Thx Renexxx :good:

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”