Holy Graily Bob 'n Thomas multi-pair and dashboard EA

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Some progress this week on the tiny live account. Not so much as last week but at least some:
XAUUSDH4.png
No progress at all on my main trading account and an open trades position that nobody wants to see:
XAUUSDH4.png
I wonder how long that little lot is going to take to unravel. :arrrg:

:xm: :rocket:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
naruto2208
Trader

Post by naruto2208 »

Hi Steve,

Thank you for this great EA. And sorry for my bad english.
I want to share my idea that may give one more option for better entries when market starts in range and reduces late entries at the end of trend.
By combining MTF HGI and SS_SuportResistance_v07, entry method bases on price action as follows:
1) Only consider for entry order when price closes in support/resistance zone that is verified.
2) Buy when next candle is green and close price is out of support zone. Opposite for sell.

Thanks again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hualiuc

Post by hualiuc »

Thank you for this great EA. And sorry for my bad english.

I want to buy and sell by the Martin system through this system, so that if you make a profit, you can continue to press the big arrow to add the warehouse, if the loss is to enable Martin, a certain distance grid to carry on the loss, until after the profit of the warehouse. At the same time, the system can be short and excessive at the same time according to the big arrow, and both the loss and the profit slip exist simultaneously.

Who can develop EA in this way! thank you !
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

Hi fellow traders.

HGBT test set 196 is really going somewhere. Slow, but steady. Drawdown also is minimal with the latest EA version. Its a pleasure to watch it doing its thing.
XAUUSDH1.png
Cheers
Thomas
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
Pythnx
Trader

Post by Pythnx »

Ive been trading a smiliar strategy to HGI manually for about a year now with great returns, the only filter I was using for entries was the Awesome oscillator, TMA slope and 56MA/200MA on H4 but everything I ever wanted in a profitable system is now in a EA. I see in this community great minds think alike and I have to thank all who are actively contributing to this method of trading you guys have really opened my eyes to the possibilities in optimizing this strategy.

:idea: One thing to add, Im sure this EA could generate even more pips than a 200 pip closure in my set file but maybe some expert coder can add a function for individual closures to take partial profit until another set pip amount is hit or until signal has generated a yellow wavy line.. Im going to try to add it to the code but I am still a rookie level coder.
Weyk
Trader

Post by Weyk »

Pythnx,

HgiCloseOnYellowWavy=false -- isn't this option that you have disabled the closure that you ask about? :)
If you put your mind onto something sooner or later it will come up with the solution.
Pythnx
Trader

Post by Pythnx »

Weyk » Sat May 05, 2018 7:37 am wrote:Pythnx,

HgiCloseOnYellowWavy=false -- isn't this option that you have disabled the closure that you ask about? :)
No what I’m looking for is a partial closure option mixed in with HGiCloseOn YellowWavy / The reason being is that sometimes during Tokyo seasion a wavy signal will print closing out the positions but if left open could of generated more pips. With that being said if a set pip amount is hit and a partial closure occurs that will lock in profit and you let your winners run until either option
1.Break even @ partial profit
2. Break even @ entry
3. Trailling stop
4. Close on HGI yellow wavy
rapple
Trader

Post by rapple »

What a sexy looking equity/balance curve :clap: :clap: :clap:

You can follow this on Thomas' and Rene's Database (http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 05#p160081)

Cheers Richard
heart1010
Trader

Post by heart1010 »

FridayCloseAllHour... respectively the ShutDownForTheWeekend() function is never called in the EA
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

heart1010 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:32 am wrote:FridayCloseAllHour... respectively
Do a search for "SundayMondayFridayStuff()" to find the relevant code.
the ShutDownForTheWeekend() function is never called in the EA
Nice spot. Thanks. :clap: :clap: :clap: I will correct this today.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”