Weekly Peaky Bob

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
tomele
Administrator

Weekly Peaky Bob

Post by tomele »

Maybe. But the equity graph should look different ... see above.

We all better trust in FXTestify.
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
trader689
Trader

Weekly Peaky Bob

Post by trader689 »

yes i agree Tomele it should look different, i said in my post i think it's because myfxbook is less accurate sometimes in how it shows graphs

trader
tomele » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:05 pm wrote:Maybe. But the equity graph should look different ... see above.

We all better trust in FXTestify.
trader689
Trader

Weekly Peaky Bob

Post by trader689 »

EDIT: he is trading 0.01 lots, he has clarified to me - below is a typo

trader
TradingMastermind » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:37 pm wrote:It's interesting to see the difference between Weekly Peaky Bob's equity curve and FXT-SPB3.
I started these 2 demo accounts on 24th March this year and have not touched them since.
The FXT-SPB3 is trading 19 pairs, I excluded the NZD pairs at the time.

FXT-SPB3 has almost exactly twice the profit, but has been a much move volatile ride.
My WPB is only trading 0.1 lots and taking $30 baskets.

Weekly Peaky Bob

FXT-SPB3
dclayw
Trader

Weekly Peaky Bob

Post by dclayw »

Been running a few tests with WPB (and WSPB3) and have noticed on occasions that weekly status isn't shown correctly, e.g. 2 tests running WPB show weekly status different for some pairs. Reloading the EA fixes it. I did add secure timer fix and shirt protection to WPB. (There is a version of WSPB3 that already has those additions).

I think only happens at start of trading for the week. I always shut down each Empty4 instance and restart my VPS's on the weekends. I don't usually reload the EA, simply restart each Empty4 instance.

Has anyone else come across this? It's a bit of an issue if you don't notice it because it will take trades based on that wrong weekly status (it's not just a dashboard display problem). Difficult to manage if you're running 10-12 tests.
barry
Trader

Weekly Peaky Bob

Post by barry »

Can you give some more details? Are you seeing differences between different brokers, or even with the same broker? Are you seeing a difference between an indicator and the EA matrix? Pics would help, then we can search our own platforms for similar occurrences.
Thanks
dclayw
Trader

Weekly Peaky Bob

Post by dclayw »

Same broker, GP. It is the weekly status I'm talking about, no indicator as such, simply look at the chart to see if today's close is above or below last weeks close. The dashboard was showing incorrect status for the weekly (called D1TD on the dashboard) on some pairs. Some trades were taken off that indicator, i.e. it was not just a display problem.

Just wondering if anyone had seen similar and if so possible idea of the cause. I have no idea other then perhaps the EAs didn't load properly. Problem fixed by reloading the EA.
FXFX7

Weekly Peaky Bob

Post by FXFX7 »

Not sure if it's the same on WPB but on WSPB3 I've noticed that the weekly column and the peaky column have been labelled wrong and should be the other way around, the weekly column is actually showing peaky status and peaky column is showing weekly status.

Not a huge deal as I think in the trading logic all 3 need to be in agreement for opening/closing trades anyway.
dclayw
Trader

Weekly Peaky Bob

Post by dclayw »

That display problem was on WSPB3 only, I fixed that months ago. As you say no real impact anyway.
dclayw
Trader

Weekly Peaky Bob

Post by dclayw »

Problem appears to be with WSPB3, not WPB so I will take any further discussion over to the Weekly Slopey Peaky Bob thread. There are a few versions of WSPB3 around, all hacked from FXT-SPB3. So it's kind of an usupported EA and therein lies the problem I expect.
squarty

Weekly Peaky Bob

Post by squarty »

Hi all,
i see you discuss and try several versions talking for example about WSPB3 and SBP.

Can you please explain me exactly what are they ?

I would also ask you if there is any set file to load.

Thank you and my apologies for my noobness.

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”