Weekly Peaky Bob

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
TradingMastermind
Trader

Weekly Peaky Bob

Post by TradingMastermind »

It's interesting to see the difference between Weekly Peaky Bob's equity curve and FXT-SPB3.
I started these 2 demo accounts on 24th March this year and have not touched them since.
The FXT-SPB3 is trading 19 pairs, I excluded the NZD pairs at the time.

FXT-SPB3 has almost exactly twice the profit, but has been a much move volatile ride.
My WPB is only trading 0.1 lots and taking $30 baskets.

Weekly Peaky Bob
WPB.PNG

FXT-SPB3
FXT-SPB3.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trader689
Trader

Weekly Peaky Bob

Post by trader689 »

Great thanks for this update TradingMastermind, looks like your setup is striking a good balance between long term profitability and stability - a good combination for a potentially viable live trading candidate, which would also allow a good nights sleep

:good:

trader
TradingMastermind » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:37 pm wrote:It's interesting to see the difference between Weekly Peaky Bob's equity curve and FXT-SPB3.
I started these 2 demo accounts on 24th March this year and have not touched them since.

FXT-SPB3 has almost exactly twice the profit, but has been a much move volatile ride.

Weekly Peaky Bob

FXT-SPB3
barry
Trader

Weekly Peaky Bob

Post by barry »

TradingMasterMind,
Thanks for posting your results. It would be great if you would use fxtestify to publish them, so we can see the details of your settings, and the long-term results compared to other tests.
Thanks again,
Barry
TradingMastermind
Trader

Weekly Peaky Bob

They are already up on fxtestify - username "brooksp". I should have mentioned that.

WPB is also on fxblue if anyone wants to look at it there - https://www.fxblue.com/users/brooksp

Thanks

barry » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:47 pm wrote:TradingMasterMind,
Thanks for posting your results. It would be great if you would use fxtestify to publish them, so we can see the details of your settings, and the long-term results compared to other tests.
Thanks again,
Barry
tomele
Administrator

Weekly Peaky Bob

Post by tomele »

TradingMastermind » 21 Nov 2019, 18:37 wrote:It's interesting to see the difference between Weekly Peaky Bob's equity curve and FXT-SPB3.

Weekly Peaky Bob

FXT-SPB3
Sorry, I doubt it. None of the results for WPB at FXT comes even near such a smooth equity curve. Such a curve is impossible in reality.

This is your chart at FXT:
Anmerkung 2019-11-23 231346.jpg
https://fxtestify.com/SHF-WPB/1017-0.report

FXT is untouchable.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
Ehrenmat
Trader

Weekly Peaky Bob

Post by Ehrenmat »

tomele » Yesterday, 20:38 wrote:
Sorry, I doubt it. None of the results for WPB at FXT comes even near such a smooth equity curve. Such a curve is impossible in reality.

This is your chart at FXT:

https://fxtestify.com/SHF-WPB/1017-0.report

FXT is untouchable.

Cheers
Hey Thomas,

TradingMastermind has shown the balance curve taken from fxblue. But since he has published the link to the complete data, there can be found an equity curve, too. This one matches the curve on fxtestify:
Screenshot_20191124_200909_com.brave.browser~2.jpg
Nonetheless, thanks to fxtestify, we have direct access to the settings for each SHF-made EA. And that is only one of the overall advantages of the platform created by Rene and you. Thank you for that again!

And thank you, TradingMastermind, for uploading your results to fxblue and fxtestify. And for pointing at your results!

Cheers,

Mat

:hi:
Remember: A few hours of trial and error can save you minutes of looking at the README
tomele
Administrator

Weekly Peaky Bob

Post by tomele »

Hi Mat.

All true.

But didn't he give us two charts to compare and suggested they were comparable? If one was a chart showing balance and equity and the other showing balance only, wasn't that misleading in the first place? Why would one do this and then claim that one EA is superior? I forbear the answer.

We are discussing EA results on a level that is way beyond other forums. Maybe new members must get used to this level first. SHF is not a place for kids to play.

Just saying.

Cheers
Thomas
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
Ehrenmat
Trader

Weekly Peaky Bob

Post by Ehrenmat »

tomele » Today, 22:20 wrote:Hi Mat.

All true.

But didn't he give us two charts to compare and suggested they were comparable? If one was a chart showing balance and equity and the other showing balance only, wasn't that misleading in the first place? Why would one do this and then claim that one EA is superior? I forbear the answer.

We are discussing EA results on a level that is way beyond other forums. Maybe new members must get used to this level first. SHF is not a place for kids to play.

Just saying.

Cheers
Thomas
Wow, I didn't see this at first sight!!! :shock:

Comparing a Balance chart with an Equity chart is like apples and oranges... :arrrg:

You were completely right and I am sorry for interrupting, Thomas! :oops:
Remember: A few hours of trial and error can save you minutes of looking at the README
TradingMastermind
Trader

Weekly Peaky Bob

My intention was not to mislead anybody in any way. The 2 screenshots I posted were directly taken from Myfxbook and were not manipulated in any way.
Looking at the equity curve from FXT I can see my mistake.
Honest mistake, I'll keep quiet in the future.
trader689
Trader

Weekly Peaky Bob

Post by trader689 »

my $0.02, i think the explanation has to be that myfxbook is a bit more inaccurate in terms of graphs.

if you look closely, you can see that the myfxbook graph is not a 'balance only' graph - it's balance (orange) and equity (yellow). it's just that for some reason the equity curve on that graph tracks the balance very closely so it looks almost invisible - but it's definitely there.

trader

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”