Holy Graily Candle Bob

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Holy Graily Candle Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1k is in post 1.

I have added inputs and code that allows you to use the individual HGI time frames for closing trades.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Holy Graily Candle Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have done some pruning here tonight. Cracking the whip, as I am occasionally called on to do.

Those of you posting to try to help the dimwits, thanks for trying. I appreciate your efforts but they are most likely beyond help.

Those of you whose questions are deleted: they were stupid ones. Ask them again and I will ban you. I consider you to be an idiot. Idiots are unwelcome at SHF.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Holy Graily Candle Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

HGCB is compatible with TDesk, so to run the latest versions you will need the TDesk.mqh You are missing out monumentally if you have not tapped into its potential yet. I have written a 'getting started' guide at
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 90#p163890

V 1l is in post 1. I have added a new input to the "Trading hours" inputs - CloseTradesOutsideTradingHours. This tells HGCB to close all open orders once we are outside our trading hours. It is disabled by default and you do not need the update if you do not want this feature.

DIYers: do a search for "extern string tradingHours=""; and add this underneath:
extern bool CloseTradesOutsideTradingHours=false;
Change the 'false' to true if you intend using this feature.

Insert this function anywhere you like:

Code: Select all

void TimeToClose()
{
   //Closes all trades if we are at the closing hour

CloseAllTrades(AllTrades);
   if (ForceTradeClosure)

if (ForceTradeClosure)

if (ForceTradeClosure)

}//void ItTimeToClose()
Do a search for "TradeTimeOk=CheckTradingTimes();"
Copy this over the top of the existing block:

Code: Select all

//Trading times
   TradeTimeOk=CheckTradingTimes();
   if(!TradeTimeOk)
   {
      if (OpenTrades > 0)
         if (CloseTradesOutsideTradingHours)
            TimeToClose();
      DisplayUserFeedback();
      Sleep(1000);
      return;
   }//if (!TradeTimeOk)

SteveHopwood
Owner

Holy Graily Candle Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

I see that a lot of people have looked at my TDesk getting started post. Gertje just sent me a pm telling me I had inadvertently described TDesk as an indicator. It is in fact an Expert Advisor, something most of you will have sussed by now.

Sorry about that. I was sober at the time, so no idea what I was thinking. That makes the huge assumption that my vague mental processes can ever be described as "thinking". :oops:

oldflatop

Holy Graily Candle Bob

Post by oldflatop »

I wonder if there is an older version of this EA that does not require TDesk?
A bit like candle power maybe?
I'd love to test this but feel I'm not ready to take on Tdesk yet.
Cheers
SteveHopwood
Owner

Holy Graily Candle Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

oldflatop » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:42 pm wrote:I wonder if there is an older version of this EA that does not require TDesk?
A bit like candle power maybe?
I'd love to test this but feel I'm not ready to take on Tdesk yet.
Cheers
It doesn't look as though you took my Welcome message seriosuly.

Re your moronic post, all you need to do is download TDeskSignals.mqh into your Include file, from the TDesk thread.

Can't do this? Tough.

SHF is not a place for the wet and pathetic. You need to find somewhere else to play if you cannot even be arsed to work out how to download a basic file.

salah98

Holy Graily Candle Bob

Post by salah98 »

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”