Gann Ribbon 10.7 System

Includes an archive of all previous Bob stuff
slowkey
Trader

Gann Ribbon 10.7 System

Post by slowkey »

eurcadmm30 squeeze.png
The big Squeeze ... EUR/CAD 30 minute

I think you will find this very interesting. I have included a bundle with all the documentation, indicators and templates. The system has gone through many changes since I started it on March 23 2014. One was the integration of Bob 10.7 system into the Gann Ribbons. Padnoter's total re-coding of the ribbon indicator enriched the system immensely. Many hours have been spent by him contributing to this system. I have spent now several months leading up to the system posting and hours sorting through the issues that always come up with a new system. The contribution Bob has made with the development of 10.7 can not be underestimated. This is a complete system now to trade 5 min through the Daily. All of these periods have ribbons now including the new 1 min shadow ribbon on the 5 minute which is really cool. Ribbons in themselves can lend meaning to any system. There is a little magic in the number nine as Gann knew. Gann never saw anything like this. He lived before the computer age but contributed many ideas that could and should be re-looked at today.
Doug

Note ... Before moving to 10.7 I experimented with the CSS indicator set to individual pairs. That was discontinued once I had a first look at Bob wonderful 10.7 indicator. It by far is the simplest MTF entry signal I have ever used.

5/2/2014 I do not want to leave out Radar for fixing the T3ma back in April. :clap:

5/8/2014 Padnoter gets a big Clap for building us the new T3MA_ribbon_multi indicator :clap: . Now just 7 indicators do all the ribbons. No more visualization setting. Below are his latest updates which I am sure you will like.
labelled_and_constant_colours.png
labelled_ribbons.png
Trade simulator EA ... http://www.fxblue.com/index.aspx. If you register there you will be able to down load a very nice trade simulator EA for strategy tester absolutely free. They have changed there name since I originally mentioned them here. I have no business connection with this site. It appears that they have widgets and other free tools also. The trade simulator can be connected to the analytic's at the site for analysis of your practice. Plus your live trading also. You will want two accounts for both if you decide on the that. They have released the version 2 of the simulator and it appears out of beta.

About some of the files below. Padnoter and than Radar made improvements on the original indicator used to do the Ribbons.

Alarms: I do not use alarms to trade intraday but they may be on in some of the packages below. You will have to sort out what you want in the way of alarms from the 10.7 indicator if any.

My minimal 05-240 bundle was a laptop setup I did for myself at the time. I am not using a laptop anymore and this is a historic setup.

Below is a power chart for trading the Majors listed on Nadex for anybody who is interested. Just those 10 pairs are sorted.

Two version of 10.7 were done one with the Padnoter indicator and another with the Radar indicator. Version 3.3 and Version 4.0

Version 3.3 has everything but the kitchen sink in it including a 1 minute scalping system. This I guess you might call the classic bundle. This was Empty4 plus 600 compatible.This utilized the wonderful contribution by padnoter of his indicator making a higher time period setup just need 7 indicators.

Version 4 intraday Gann ribbons with 10.7 was a bundle that utilized Radar's contributions.
Later Radar further improved his indicator.

The most updated version of the Manual is listed separately.

T3MA_ribbon_multi_with_gvs_v4 indicator file
Later Radar enhance further his indicator and I added just the indicator file and did not redo version 4. Below is some instructions on how to replace his newer indicator in the version 4 package.
This is using Radar's new files with gvs on and constant colors. Kino files work on all time periods and are Empty4 600 plus compatible.

Radar has updated his indicator to have some of the same functions as Padnoters indicator. I have uploaded it below.

If you want to use it just delete the seven older indicators from the template and add seven new ones numbering the "level up" setting from largest 5,4,3,2,1,0,-1 to lowest, adding in that order. If you cover up your heiken ashi candles just delete its indicator and re-add it after you get the new indicators onto the template. If your are using candles than that is not necessary.

Thanks michaeldz for finding these files and for compatibility. :clap: Thanks Radar for updating the Kino Monitor and Ribbons. :clap:
Kino monitor will work on all time periods. Kino monitor now has exact pip to ribbon accuracy.

Steve called attention to these wonderful scripts and I have also added them here so that you can quickly adjust your templates. For instance if you want to adjust the alarms just adjust them on one template and than drop the copy template onto that one and all your pairs will than have the change. Of course even better, put a template on a naked chart pair and than run the script and now you have all the other naked charts open now with the same template.

In the most recent version at the very top I utilized HGI for the higher time periods. The 10.7 indicator on the 5 and 15 minute period utilizes the 60 and 240 time periods for the 5 minute and 15 minute time periods. If you trade the 30 minute than utilize what ever works best for you. I find the 30 minute a sort of oddball time period not really fitting into the context of 10.7 intraday. I utilized the original Padnoter indicator for this update

Gann 10.7_HGI_2015
New version of Template with HGI incorporated into the 60 minute, 240 minute and Daily time periods. Hurst Targets added based on the 60 minute time period intraday. The new 60 minute HGI 16.00 indicator included for the 60 minute. You will want to keep your HGI indicators updated to the newest versions. I think in the template included the better volume indicator may be set for a lookback of 12. It should be set to 20. So you may want to set that back to 20.

Install note ... Make sure with Empty4 600 or greater you have Empty4 open. Than Go to File - Open Data Folder and add the package there. Empty4 has a new folder structure. Than you should see the templates and indicators.

Major re-edit of post 1 on 1/17/2015

Edit... 2/7/2015 Please make sure your first ribbon indicator is set to a (Level Up setting) of 5 and not -5 on the template for Gann_10.7_HGI_2015 bundle. You will not as a habit see this ribbon much so this small error you may have not noticed. However to see the ribbon it should be set to 5. My mistake. I will fix it on an update I am working on in the next week or so.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by slowkey on Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:09 am, edited 90 times in total.
The Gann Ribbons ... A new tool for looking at Time Periods, Price and Dynamic S/R in any system.

Now using HGI on 60 minutes and up & 10.7 with Hurst Targets intraday.
Bob's HGI Fourm
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3524

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."

Albert Einstein
slowkey
Trader

Gann Ribbon System

Post by slowkey »

GannRibbon_1
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrsYHqlpRQ0[/youtube]
PDFs 1-5 for second Video are in the GannBobFinal bundle under docs.
GannRibbon_2
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6MoqvDNhlk[/youtube]

So below is the trade simulator video. One correction needs to be made. Since I first did this video the site has changed its name. Fxblue.com
and the final release of version 2 is now available no longer in Beta.
http://www.fxblue.com/index.aspx

Trade Simulator Video
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoaD_-QboHg[/youtube]
Last edited by slowkey on Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:27 pm, edited 12 times in total.
The Gann Ribbons ... A new tool for looking at Time Periods, Price and Dynamic S/R in any system.

Bob's HGI Fourm

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."

Albert Einstein
slowkey
Trader

Gann Ribbon System

Post by slowkey »

Just the simple trade I said to start with on GBP/NZD from last week.
gbpnzdmm15 trade hlighlights.png

I bailed early but was busy with building the system and I should have stayed in till it got to the round number. Still a nice trade of the easiest order with the trend.
gbpnzdmm15 trade 2.png
More to come.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bob's HGI Fourm

Albert Einstein
slowkey
Trader

Gann Ribbon System

Post by slowkey »

power chart i use for intraday trading.png
I included this little Power Rating template. When I am watching a show or something I zoom the chart. I am only looking first at the POW4h column circled in yellow. It arranges the pairs to the left by absolute value. So if AUD suddenly is hot than all pairs with AUD will rise to the top of the list and it does not matter which side of the pair is AUD. I get interested when the numbers go over 10. It resets every four hours. The other columns tell you how you have been doing for the hour and 1/2 hour. Keeps you from staring at the charts all the time. Just apply the template and you will see what I mean.

Bob's HGI Fourm

Albert Einstein
ai101
Trader

Gann Ribbon System

Post by ai101 »

Hello Slowkey,

Thanks a lot for sharing the system. It looks very interesting by the way (not because of lots of color :lol: the concept of MTF display in one chart sounds solid).

I have tried it with an ICmarket demo (Empty4 build 610) and unfortunately I can't make the ribbon indicator work. Others are okey but the ribbon indi shows nothing. Do you suggest a specific Empty4 build?
slowkey
Trader

Gann Ribbon System

Post by slowkey »

Just a teaser for all you 4 hour traders to show how much info you can gain. Find all the support and resistance. Find all the rejection. Amazing to see the four hour trading inside the weekly time period and bouncing off its edges. You can also see why trading four hours is so much more forgiving. Lack of noise. This is my analysis template. You can see the shadow of the hour time period here with the blue and crimson edges. On this template time periods of Daily and Weekly have yellow leading averages instead of white.

Look to the left and watch how price finds the edges of the Daily and Primary time periods. Very beautiful example of price finding resistance and rejection from the Daily time period but later as it widens more towards the middle it is able to cross the daily and the wider primary time period in grey. Support and Resistance is all over this chart and a proof of theory. Also shows how price can move with ease inside a large time period only finding problems at the edges. Where price is rejected off off its own time period and become bearish for a run all the way down to the weekly support level. That rejection dome is a pattern that is seen over and over and makes a good short or long entry location. Once you learn how price can behave with the patterns it can help on entries and exits. Are the time periods widening or narrowing. Happy Trading.
audjpymh4 trading inside the weekly.png

Bob's HGI Fourm

Albert Einstein
slowkey
Trader

Gann Ribbon System

Post by slowkey »

I hope it is not the 600 downgrade that is messing the system up. Try downloading the Demo from Cowboy IBFX. They never expire. It is still running fine on it. The indicator itself uses the t3ma indicator to draw the ribbons. Make sure that got put into your custom indicator directory. The indicator calls it I think. I hate this 600 stuff. If that does not work than we will have to do some research. There maybe a newer version of the t3ma indicator floating around. The ribbons are all done based on math. That is why I could add an eight hour to the 4 hour period if I wanted to do that. I stuck an extra ribbon for that on the weekly. The documents explain a lot. If anybody else is having trouble with the 600 and up let me know. Better yet I will get a hold of this Demo and see if it does it for me if they will let me download it.

ai101 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:32 pm wrote:Hello Slowkey,

Thanks a lot for sharing the system. It looks very interesting by the way (not because of lots of color :lol: the concept of MTF display in one chart sounds solid).

I have tried it with an ICmarket demo (Empty4 build 610) and unfortunately I can't make the ribbon indicator work. Others are okey but the ribbon indi shows nothing. Do you suggest a specific Empty4 build?

Bob's HGI Fourm

Albert Einstein
slowkey
Trader

Gann Ribbon System

Post by slowkey »

Ok ai101 I replace the bundle in post one. It should fix it now. When adding indicators or anything for that matter go under file-open data folder in Empty4 and add the files that way. Better to do it that way because who knows where they will move it next. The t3ma was the problem. See if it works now. I got mine working in 610 that you are using. Hope this helps for all you 600 and up users.

Happy Trading

Bob's HGI Fourm

Albert Einstein
ai101
Trader

Gann Ribbon System

Post by ai101 »

slowkey » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:24 am wrote:

Ok ai101 I replace the bundle in post one. It should fix it now. When adding indicators or anything for that matter go under file-open data folder in Empty4 and add the files that way. Better to do it that way because who knows where they will move it next. The t3ma was the problem. See if it works now. I got mine working in 610 that you are using. Hope this helps for all you 600 and up users.

Happy Trading
Thanks a lot man, I am checking it now. Just to let you know, I have downloaded a demo from Cowboy IBFX, its build 625 and it didn't work (previous package).
slowkey
Trader

Gann Ribbon System

Post by slowkey »

It was the t3ma indicator it should all should work now. If not let me know.
Thanks a lot man, I am checking it now. Just to let you know, I have downloaded a demo from Cowboy Cowboy IBFX, its build 625 and it didn't work (previous package).

Bob's HGI Fourm

Albert Einstein

Return to “Nanningbob's Holy Grail Indicator forum”