HGI

Includes an archive of all previous Bob stuff
nanningbob
Trader

HGI

Post by nanningbob »

SpiderX » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:47 am wrote:
nanningbob » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:43 am wrote: It is the 240 with modifications to include the slope indi.
Thanks Bob.
I gather that means we should stop using 240 MA BUY.ABOVE_SELL.BELOW and replace it with HGI instead.

Cheers
240 still works it is this will give you more info. to help you make better trade decisions.
I trade http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3964,
I talk about my philosophy of trading here.
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3627
"The key to converting something useful to others is simplicity. Complexity is the enemy to execution." Tony Robbins
cosmo
Trader

HGI

Post by cosmo »

Amazing amount of hard work from you all, Thank you Bob, Steve, Ellixe, Milanese and Baluda, and to provide this so generously to us battle scared SHF traders shows a deep love, respect, and kindness towards us all.

Just have a question that is bugging me, if we are using 240/60 on the 4hour, to replicate the direction on the monthly, shouldn't we be using 960/240 on the 1 hour?
taipan
Trader

HGI

Post by taipan »

Thank you Bob, Steve, Ellixe, Milanese and Baluda for the hard work to make this happen.
SpiderX
Trader

HGI

Post by SpiderX »

Hi,

This post is addressed to Ellixe , Tomasso, Baluda and those programmed this indicator.
Assuming this indicator is using CSS, it would be terribly inefficient if we had 20+ instances of this indicator running on individual charts.
Most of the calculations would be unnecessarily repeated over and over again.
For example with Steve's new EA , it could be computationally taxing to run it with many pairs.

Probably a way to improve the computational efficiency would be to split this out to 2 indicators.
Indicator 1 can be a universal CSS indicator which calculates the CSS and writes the values into GlobalVariables.
Indicator 2 would be the main HGI indicator which reads the GV written by indicator 1 and does the rest of the HGI calculations.

Of course the drawback is that you need to run another additional indicator, however the advantage is that the CSS calculations only need to be carried out once over 20+ pairs.
Apologies if i had made any mistaken assumptions about how this indicator works, but hope this suggestion could help in some manner.

Cheers
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
-Corinthians 13:4-8
slowkey
Trader

HGI

Post by slowkey »

SpiderX » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:08 am wrote:Hi,

This post is addressed to Ellixe , Tomasso, Baluda and those programmed this indicator.
Assuming this indicator is using CSS, it would be terribly inefficient if we had 20+ instances of this indicator running on individual charts.

Cheers
Hi Spider,

The indicator is using just TMA slope to compare the strength of the Base and Quote currencies on a specific currency pair. I have it running on the 15 minute time period on 20 pairs and it seems very efficient. This is not the full spectrum CSS indicator that as you suggest does use quite a lot of CPU.

It must be some very beautiful bit of code indeed. Thanks Ellixe, Tomasso,Balluda and Bob for this fabulous indicator.

So far I have not run into in CPU issues.

Cheers, :)
Doug
The Gann Ribbons ... A new tool for looking at Time Periods, Price and Dynamic S/R in any system.

Now using HGI on 60 minutes and up & 10.7 with Hurst Targets intraday.
Bob's HGI Fourm
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3524

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."

Albert Einstein
SpiderX
Trader

HGI

Post by SpiderX »

slowkey » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:58 pm wrote: The indicator is using just TMA slope to compare the strength of the Base and Quote currencies on a specific currency pair.
Assuming you got this on EURUSD and USDCAD in your chart.
Indicator on Chart 1 would need to calculate TMA of EU,AU,UC, UY etc..USD pairs, then EY,EC,EA,EN, etc EU pairs
Indicator on Chart 2 would need to calculate TMA of EU,AU,UC, UY etc...USD pairs, then EC, CY, AC...etc CAD pairs
Calculations of the same TMA values have to be repeated again and again for your 20+ pairs.
Maybe there is something i missed somewhere....
slowkey » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:58 pm wrote: I have it running on the 15 minute time period on 20 pairs and it seems very efficient.
Bob...can you clarify if this works on another time frame besides H4 ?
Apologies if i had missed this in the manual, but so far the examples in the manual are H4 mostly, with no mention (or i could have missed it) of lower tfs.

Cheers
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
-Corinthians 13:4-8
nanningbob
Trader

HGI

Post by nanningbob »

To answer some questions.
1. I know in the first manual I said CSS but it uses the slope. So each pair is calculated individually. I stated this in post one and corrected the language in the updated manual.
2. The indi does not run tick by tick but refreshes every 60 seconds. You should be able to adjust that number if you want to trade lower charts. It should be a choice you can change when you drag it to the screen.
3. The indi has a T/F for changing the MA or ATR. On the 4 hour it is set to 60 or 240 so on 1 hour you can set it to 240. I don't know if that will give you the same as 4hour though. Remember to get everything to work seamlessly together we had to play with the numbers so you can't always think in purely 240/60 terms. You can at times see a big red arrow above the 240/60 lines because the slope line will justify its placement.

4. Please understand this is my first attempt or really it was Elixe who came with an idea that gets us out of the trade when we put a trade at the peak of a move. The wavy line or range arrow helps us in getting out of that trade and being caught in a reversal.

5. I have no idea how this thing works on lower TF, however, Alorente really liked it in the couple of days he tried it. But, that is not enough testing time to prove its worth. So adding some adjustment maybe needed for others to use on lower TF. I have peaked at the 1H TF a couple of times and it looked good but still not trade there to know.

6. I do believe using Bold traders session info and lower TF probably be a happy marriage.
"The key to converting something useful to others is simplicity. Complexity is the enemy to execution." Tony Robbins
DoctorGremlin
Trader

HGI

Post by DoctorGremlin »

Hi Bob,
i was just scrolling to the experts tab in Empty4 and noticed the following:

"zero divide in 'HGI_Dark.V.14.01.mq4' (184,56)"

Maybe you should have a look.
taipan
Trader

HGI

Post by taipan »

DoctorGremlin » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:58 pm wrote:Hi Bob,
i was just scrolling to the experts tab in Empty4 and noticed the following:

Maybe you should have a look.

See post #76 by Elixe. Already fixed in 'HGI_Dark.V.14.02.mq4'
nanningbob
Trader

HGI

Post by nanningbob »

My #3 answer is mush I will rephrase later when I get the computer back from my wife.

Return to “Nanningbob's Holy Grail Indicator forum”