HGI

Includes an archive of all previous Bob stuff
thomasmore
Trader

HGI

Post by thomasmore »

sjps » 16 Jan 2019, 08:50 wrote:
Interesting idea. Testing it now. Will see how it works out.

I am really sad that my broker no longer support Empty4.
Change to GlobalPrime. The best there is.!
cozybooks
Trader

HGI

Post by cozybooks »

Or, if you are like me and unable to open a Global Prime account (I'm a U.S. resident), just run HGI on a demo Empty4 platform with Global Prime, and then enter the trades on your MT5 platform.

I'm rarely available to trade 1 minute charts, but it's fun to do when I have the time. I'm still using my Daily HGI strategy with the TMA lines, but I am adding this strategy on the 4-hour timeframe. LOL - hopefully it is teaching me patience. You have to wait until price is above or below the cloud to enter a trade and wait for confirmation of the red line to be above the blue line (or vice versa on a sell trade) and accept that there are definitely plenty of trades that will lose money, but your losses are small. HGI's real value here is to show you when to add to your position. If I see a Big Green arrow, as long as my first trade is in profit enough to set a break even, I'll add another buy trade. I'll add up to three additional trades to go with the original one.

As an alternative, I sometimes use the yellow wavy lines as an exit point if I feel like the trend is definitely slowing down, and then I'll get back in if the trend continues.

USDCAD 4-hour chart provides a nice example. Buy in early December and lose about 70 pips. :cry: Buy again in mid December and lose a few pips. :evil: Buy again (because we are resilient traders, after all) in mid December, and finally we get a big move and make more than 200 pips. A nice run and I am up about 140 pips. But if I enter additional positions on the Big Green arrows, I add about another 200 pips to my winnings.

Then on the path down, well it's all one trade, but close to 200 pips again. That's over 500 pips in about six weeks.

Happy Trading! :smile:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sjps
Trader

HGI

Post by sjps »

cozybooks » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:16 pm wrote:Or, if you are like me and unable to open a Global Prime account (I'm a U.S. resident), just run HGI on a demo Empty4 platform with Global Prime, and then enter the trades on your MT5 platform.

I'm rarely available to trade 1 minute charts, but it's fun to do when I have the time. I'm still using my Daily HGI strategy with the TMA lines, but I am adding this strategy on the 4-hour timeframe. LOL - hopefully it is teaching me patience. You have to wait until price is above or below the cloud to enter a trade and wait for confirmation of the red line to be above the blue line (or vice versa on a sell trade) and accept that there are definitely plenty of trades that will lose money, but your losses are small. HGI's real value here is to show you when to add to your position. If I see a Big Green arrow, as long as my first trade is in profit enough to set a break even, I'll add another buy trade. I'll add up to three additional trades to go with the original one.

As an alternative, I sometimes use the yellow wavy lines as an exit point if I feel like the trend is definitely slowing down, and then I'll get back in if the trend continues.

USDCAD 4-hour chart provides a nice example. Buy in early December and lose about 70 pips. :cry: Buy again in mid December and lose a few pips. :evil: Buy again (because we are resilient traders, after all) in mid December, and finally we get a big move and make more than 200 pips. A nice run and I am up about 140 pips. But if I enter additional positions on the Big Green arrows, I add about another 200 pips to my winnings.

Then on the path down, well it's all one trade, but close to 200 pips again. That's over 500 pips in about six weeks.

Happy Trading! :smile:
I have only been testing this for a bit (mainly 1m and 5m charts to get a feel for the indicators), but I think this might be a slow but powerful trade option for Higher Time Frames.
cozybooks
Trader

HGI

Post by cozybooks »

Yes, on the lower timeframes, you don't usually have enough price movement to cover the costs of opening and closing each trade for how much profit trades can generate. If you get a day with a lot of price movement in one direction, though, even the 1 minute chart can make you money. I really like it a lot on the 4-hour timeframe, but it requires a lot of patience. Two or three times a year on each pair you should get a really big run with stacking of Big Trend arrows that should book a whole lot of pips, and that should cover all of the small losses along the way, plus leave a lot left over.

Well, that's the plan, anyway. :smile:

If I continue doing well with it, I'll have to see if I can figure out how to modify the ichimoku indi and automate everything with Tdesk.

Happy trading! :smile:
sjps
Trader

HGI

Post by sjps »

cozybooks » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:35 pm wrote:Yes, on the lower timeframes, you don't usually have enough price movement to cover the costs of opening and closing each trade for how much profit trades can generate. If you get a day with a lot of price movement in one direction, though, even the 1 minute chart can make you money. I really like it a lot on the 4-hour timeframe, but it requires a lot of patience. Two or three times a year on each pair you should get a really big run with stacking of Big Trend arrows that should book a whole lot of pips, and that should cover all of the small losses along the way, plus leave a lot left over.

Well, that's the plan, anyway. :smile:

If I continue doing well with it, I'll have to see if I can figure out how to modify the ichimoku indi and automate everything with Tdesk.

Happy trading! :smile:
Yeah, lower timeframes are not the best to test a system, but I just want to get a feel for how the indicators move. I am doing quite well on a 5min interval, but I think this is just luck for now. I think that even a 1 hour TF migght be effective. When my current trades close I am going to up to 15m or 30m TF's to do some tests. HGI is actually really good.

@cozybooks, how do you determine the exact S/L level when the conditions are met?
LosingPips

HGI

Post by LosingPips »

Great work on this indicator guys! I've read the thread entirely and not sure if it was covered, but is there any updates for the HGI 1hr version. i believe v16 had a 1hr version.. i tried, but it was expired.

Thanks!!
milanese
TechAdmin

HGI

Post by milanese »

LosingPips » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:17 pm wrote:Great work on this indicator guys! I've read the thread entirely and not sure if it was covered, but is there any updates for the HGI 1hr version. i believe v16 had a 1hr version.. i tried, but it was expired.

Thanks!!
no this version is discontinued

Cheers :)

Tommaso
xlitang
Trader

HGI

Post by xlitang »

Hi Bob, would you please share your template?
Wavegarrick
Trader

HGI

Post by Wavegarrick »

xlitang wrote:Hi Bob, would you please share your template?
Just thinking, why such a stupid request from a member that has been around since 2011.

Bob has shared all he can with HGI. There is no need for a template.

You are either too lazy or very thick. Read and you will get the zest of HGI.

Take care.
Gertje
Trader

HGI

Post by Gertje »

Wavegarrick » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:38 pm wrote:
xlitang wrote:Hi Bob, would you please share your template?
Just thinking, why such a stupid request from a member that has been around since 2011.

Bob has shared all he can with HGI. There is no need for a template.

You are either too lazy or very thick. Read and you will get the zest of HGI.

Take care.
WoW, you’re being laidback. :smile:
I had to delete my messages a few times before I decided it was better not te respond at all..... :jump:

Return to “Nanningbob's Holy Grail Indicator forum”