HGI

Includes an archive of all previous Bob stuff
retireme
Trader

HGI

Post by retireme »

Could you detail how you trade with HGI? What time frame you use etc etc...
tls

There are 270+ pages and a manual. If you start out being lazy in your first post, there isn't much hope for your future. First and only warning, next action will be to put you on moderation.

RM
To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science. - Albert Einstein
retireme
Trader

HGI

Post by retireme »

tls » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:17 pm wrote:
retireme » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:13 pm wrote:
Could you detail how you trade with HGI? What time frame you use etc etc...
tls

There are 270+ pages and a manual. If you start out being lazy in your first post, there isn't much hope for your future. First and only warning, next action will be to put you on moderation.

RM
Sorry, not very familiar with this forum, where is the manual?

http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... p?id=42843
To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science. - Albert Einstein
tls

HGI

Post by tls »

:hi: :hi: :hi: very hard to find info in this forum; I feel like in jungle....no clear road....
how do you find the manual?
retireme
Trader

HGI

Post by retireme »

tls » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:36 pm wrote:
:hi: :hi: :hi: very hard to find info in this forum; I feel like in jungle....no clear road....
It is in the first post with everything else, READ, READ and READ again!
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

HGI

Post by SteveHopwood »

tls » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:36 am wrote:
If you were not an idiot you would have read the Welcome message I sent you when you first joined. You would know where to find everything.

Another warning to the lazy and stupid here folks. This dimwit is now on permanent moderation and is no longer able to 'contribute'. This is what happens to dimwits here.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Z2TT

HGI

Post by Z2TT »

Amazing indicator with lots of thought and work put into it, thanks for your work guys

On my Platform, I only see Signallines for the last 200 candles

All candles previous to that do not show signal lines.

Is this the way it is made and is there some setting that can enable signal lines to be shown in all historic parts of the chart? Helps me use it for testing and analysis
tomele
Administrator

HGI

Post by tomele »

Hi Z2T2.

Forget your idea of visual backtesting. This won't work with HGI. Relevant is only the actual signal. So much has been written about it. Would you have read a bit about HGI, you would know it. Catch up, please.
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
Z2TT

HGI

Post by Z2TT »

Hi Tomele.

No Problem, will do. I'll go through this whole thread and pick up as much as I can.
I've found some good member submitted PDF's which also have given useful info on this.

Cheers.
drdave

HGI

Post by drdave »

fullaforex » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:36 pm wrote:
shresdk » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:18 pm wrote:Hello Spudfan, I was having the same issues. I also tried modifying and compiling the code, and the lines finally showed up for me after I compiled twice in a row. I'm running 4 Empty4 clients on 2 computers, and had to do the same for each. Not sure if 2 compilations in a row after modifying the code would work for anyone else, but it did the trick for me each time.
Modified. Change color and line type to suit preferences .

Fulla.
I was looking at the code for FastTMALineNRP.mg4 that you modified in July, 2018. I am wondering about the variable FullSumW on line 68. It is calculated, but never used. Maybe it was supposed to be used in the TickScaleFactor calculation instead of SumTMAPeriod?

drdave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
drdave

[update]HGI 15.06

Post by drdave »

alorente » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:18 pm wrote:
milanese » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:13 am wrote:Hi all,

here the update to the latest version. New it re-calculates after initializing only the signal on the last bar, this is for avoiding, that older signals will be changed in the chart, what former versions did. Many thanks to Al who pushed me to code this..
Too as an optional there is an ignoreFuture option using trueTma, this is indipendend from the new method of recalculation. Note that if you change the TF on the chart, or change settings ecc.. the indicator will reinitialize and re-paint and than restart to use the new calculation.
Please read too this post and the ff: click--> http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 55#p108055

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Thanks Tommaso.

I do not recommend changing to trueTMA. I already tested it and it gives bad results. It is not tradable in my opinion.
I have been going through the posts in this forum and found the above observation of Al's. I was part of the Extreme TMA group back in 2011-2012. I looked at true TMA along with the original TMA, plotting both on my charts and doing my analyses. In my opinion, trueTMA is VERY tradable, and CAN be used successfully, because I soon stopped using the original TMA and used the trueTMA. So at least one person has postings in the Extreme TMA forum with positive results using trueTMA :roll: . I suspect, as with many things, some find it useful, some find it not useful. But it was useful for me.

I always encourage people to try for themselves, because you can never know if it works for YOU until YOU give it a (reasonable) test.

drdave

Return to “Nanningbob's Holy Grail Indicator forum”