HGI

Includes an archive of all previous Bob stuff
milanese
TechAdmin

HGI

Post by milanese »

I have updated the HGI files with a new expiry date, please note, for a flawless use of the patched versions, you need prior to installing them on your computer delete the older versions.

Files are attached to the first post, as always.

Enjoy!

Tommaso
Viv
Trader

HGI

Post by Viv »

sameer99

HGI

Post by sameer99 »

Lots of happy comments here about HGI. As per Steve's recommendation I am starting to dig into this thread. Some great tips and advice here. Thanks. :P :P
"First, you decide what you want specifically; and second, you decide if you're willing to pay the price to make it happen, and then pay that price." 
- Nelson Bunker Hunt, Texas Oil Billionaire

Lack of discipline is the result of conflict between your subconscious instinct and your conscious thoughts.
cozybooks
Trader

HGI

Post by cozybooks »

Hi all,

I received a PM last week asking if I was still trading daily HGI signals with TMA lines as a filter. Except for a couple of EA's that have been running on their own, like Peaky Fifo, I haven't done much trading since the spring. I am restarting my Daily HGI trading on Tuesday 9/3 (Monday is a holiday - Labor Day in the U.S.).

I am still using FastTMALineNRP as a filter, but I have added GannHiLo TD V2 as a weekly filter and stop loss and I am using ATR in Pips Daily indi as well for a minimum distance in pips to stack trades. I'll be doing this trading in live accounts, so I'll try to post updates every three months or so. For the most part, I will just be checking charts once a day at the end of New York close (which is my daily candle close), and placing trades around that time, but obviously it will trade a little bit differently if your candles close on London or some other time.

I've posted a sample USDJPY chart that shows taking only buy trades based on the Gann Dots for about seven months during 2018, which is a good amount of time to make lots of pips on a run. Obviously the live HGI signals would have been somewhat different, but it's pretty easy to see areas where you would have entered new trades.

FastTMALineNRP - set to 60 periods with 3.0 multiplier.
ATR in Pips Daily - set to 365 with multiplier of 1.0
GannHiLo TD V2 - set to TF = 1 Week, R=18 (so this is a wide time range I am looking at)

Open new Buy Trade:
Last Candle close must be below upper TMA Line.
HGI Buy Signal - Rad, Blue Wave or Trend Buy
Price is above Gann dots

Close Buy trade:
HGI wavy range or any HGI sell signal except for Range sell.
Trade must be in profit to close.

SL: will change each week - set to current value of Gann dots.

Stacking Trades:
So there is only one trade open per pair, with the following exception:
New HGI Buy signal (Rad, Blue Wave, Buy Trend)
Last Candle closed below upper TMA Line.
Closest existing trade must be in profit by at least the value of ATR in Pips Daily
Move SL on all existing trades to 10 pips above the entry price of the most recent buy trade.

One last filter: Once a buy trade has been closed in profit, I won't open a new buy trade unless price crosses back below the middle TMA line first. So after a profitable trade closes, I won't open a new buy trade unless price retraces to the middle TMA line first.

That's the basics. This is meant only as a guide. If it spurs ideas, feel free to use it and customize it to your own strategy, but I'll be happy to answer any questions if I can.

Obviously, for sell trades everything is opposite. I'll be trading live on just 14 pairs. This is a VERY long term strategy and sometimes you might go a few months without a trade on a specific pair. There will definitely be losing months and years, but it is designed to make its money when there is a big long term run that lasts for several months to a year or more.

Best of good fortune in your trading!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

HGI

Post by SteveHopwood »

Great post coz. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am highlighting it in my wrup tonight.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Curtis

HGI

Post by Curtis »

Hello all,
The indicator has expired. Will an updated version be posted soon?
Regards,
Curtis
milanese
TechAdmin

HGI

Post by milanese »

Curtis » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:22 pm wrote:Hello all,
Regards,
Curtis
Go to first post there are the latest updates!!!!
Curtis

HGI

Post by Curtis »

milanese » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:30 am wrote:
Regards,
Curtis
The first post currently states that the indicator was last updated 07/22/2019, and expires 09/01. The update is not there.
milanese
TechAdmin

HGI

Post by milanese »

Curtis » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:16 pm wrote:
milanese » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:30 am wrote:
Regards,
Curtis
The first post currently states that the indicator was last updated 07/22/2019, and expires 09/01. The update is not there.
How dim are you? It will expire 2020 !!!
You are now under moderation
Leomart

HGI

Post by Leomart »

Thanks for the update :good:

Return to “Nanningbob's Holy Grail Indicator forum”