HGIMatrix

The title says it all
BobbyT
Trader

HGIMatrix

Post by BobbyT »

renexxxx » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:03 pm wrote:
I know that we are dealing with a LOT of Alerts. In view of that, I can say this:

1. John (skinner36) is working on a 'Custom Alert' function, to be called from an external DLL. His Custom Alert function would popup a customizable window with everything you'd ever wish. He is a very good C++ and C# programmer and believes that he will be able to link this library to the other Empty4 windows. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

2. We can switch Alerts off ... or reduce the number of Alerts by only switching some on.

3. I can make a code change, such that it won't spit out a gazillion of Alerts when it first starts up. That will make a change already.

4. In the mean time, whilst waiting for John's library, I can write these alerts to a TEXT file that you need to open in an external application (and need to refresh from time-to-time). (On linux you would do a tail -f on the file to always get the last n lines)

Let me know what you think.
Hi Rene,
1. Sounds awesome. From what I've seen c++ can do with custom windows I think we might be in for a treat.
2. I've cut range trade alerts alerts which helped a little. Will probably cut RADs too then just re-enable them when I'm in a trade for stacking reasons. Maybe tf1alert=true, tf2alert=false etc could help but could be more work than what is necessary considering 1.
3. I'm not sure what things you are suggesting so can't really comment on that haha
4. A text file could be handy though this would depend on if the file would need to be saved/closed/opened or if a simple ctrl+r would suffice. It would deffinately increase the display range over the current alert pop-up though.

But like Jason said, enjoy the silly season. It's not like we can really trade for the next couple of weeks anyway.

Cheers
BobbyT
Procrastination provides exponentially negative returns - BobbyT
Radar
Trader

HGIMatrix

Post by Radar »

Hey BobbyT,

Re point 4: if Rene goes the textfile route, grab Notepad++ You can leave the txt file open in that, and it will pop a window up whenever the file is updated. The popup only comes up when you give Notepad++ the focus, so you'd still need an audio alert.

@Rene: This isn't a +1 for txt file output, just an option for monitoring txt files ;) (You've got enough to do, and this ain't the time of year to be doing any more coding).

Have fun!

Radar =8^)
Check out my new, (well, old now), manual trade & automatic scale-in manager,
StackManV2
nixxx
Trader

HGIMatrix

Post by nixxx »

Thanks for this great indicators! Why is it show _Ask and _Avg pairs? (default settings)

http://gyazo.com/95c39fcf820cf8e92306dcdb81c8e317
alorente
Trader

HGIMatrix

Post by alorente »

renexxxx » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:03 pm wrote:
BobbyT » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:48 pm wrote: Haha yeah mate I know. It's never really bothered me until now. With 28 charts kicking out alerts for three different timeframes the alerts are kicking thick and fast.
Maybe we could make it so we only recieve alerts from a chose timeframe whilst still having the signals come up on the matrix(?).
I know that we are dealing with a LOT of Alerts. In view of that, I can say this:

1. John (skinner36) is working on a 'Custom Alert' function, to be called from an external DLL. His Custom Alert function would popup a customizable window with everything you'd ever wish. He is a very good C++ and C# programmer and believes that he will be able to link this library to the other Empty4 windows. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

2. We can switch Alerts off ... or reduce the number of Alerts by only switching some on.

3. I can make a code change, such that it won't spit out a gazillion of Alerts when it first starts up. That will make a change already.

4. In the mean time, whilst waiting for John's library, I can write these alerts to a TEXT file that you need to open in an external application (and need to refresh from time-to-time). (On linux you would do a tail -f on the file to always get the last n lines)

Let me know what you think.
Hello Rene. Is there a possibility to create an input that if set to true, the 18L Matrix would only show signals that are in accordance with Hurst (Green). I only consider for trades Hurst positive pairs, this would reduce clutter in the Matrix.

Thanks.
Observation is the path to discovery.
renexxxx
Trader

HGIMatrix

Post by renexxxx »

nixxx » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:36 pm wrote:Thanks for this great indicators! Why is it show _Ask and _Avg pairs? (default settings)

http://gyazo.com/95c39fcf820cf8e92306dcdb81c8e317
To avoid having me to make a code change, you can remove the _Ask and _Avg pairs from your Market Watch panel ... that would probably be the best thing to do anyway, unless you want to trade these pairs.
renexxxx
Trader

HGIMatrix

Post by renexxxx »

To combat the number of Alerts, two measures have been taken:
(1) There will be no Alerts on initialization (that includes switching timeframes, or changing a parameter)
(2) There is now an option to save alerts to a text file. AlertsToFile. By switching AlertsOn off, but AlertsToFile on, all alerts will be directed to a text file (<ExpertName>.txt) in the \Files area. A sound will be played to alert that something was saved to the file. You could monitor the contents to this file in another application -- eg. Notepad++ (as suggested by Radar)

In addition, alorente's request was added. There is a new parameter ShowOnlyHurst that, when switched on, limits the display to only signals that agree with the Hurst direction. You still get Alerts (if switched on) for changes related to non-Hurst agreeing signals. Note that if you switch ShowHurst off and ShowOnlyHurst on, you get nothing. That would be right, as you deserve to get nothing.

19 and 19L are in post 1.
BobbyT
Trader

HGIMatrix

Post by BobbyT »

Thanks for the updates Rene.
For those of you who are slightly dim like myself and require times to tell you that an alert has just been posted you can change line 394 to

Code: Select all

FileWrite( file_handle, (TimeToStr(TimeLocal(),TIME_SECONDS) + " " + message) );
This will give you an output like this: 18:10:45 RAD UP signal for GBPCHF on D1 (2). If you require dates for historical reasons then change TIME_SECONDS to TIME_DATE|TIME_SECONDS.

As suggested by Radar, NotePad++ is the best way to view this file and it's updates in real time. Notepad++ is free to download as are it's plugins. It is well worth the download. It has saved me several hours trying to find missing parenthesis/brackets and semi-colons in my poor excuse for codes I have written over the past year. :smile:

To get the most out of the additions Rene has made, once you have opened NotePad++, go to the plugin manager and install "Document Monitor". Once installed, activate it through the plugin menu.
This excellent plugin will monitor the file and update the screen every 3 seconds. Also go to Settings>Preferences>Misc and select "scroll to the last line after the update". While you're at it select "update silently" or you will have to confirm the update every time an update comes through. With these three thingies done you can have this file open at all times and have the most recent updates on-screen without having to lift a fat-lazy finger :!!:

Rene, I'm not sure if this is normal or not but the matrix keeps spitting out updates even with no incoming tick data/updated symbols. Alerting the same 8 updates every minute on the dot. I guess the Matrix refreshes every 60 seconds but I figured it would get over trying to tell me about these updates after a few goes. It's not a major bug. Just a weird one :smile:

Thanks again and enjoy the festive season :party:
Procrastination provides exponentially negative returns - BobbyT
Radar
Trader

HGIMatrix

Post by Radar »

Hey BobbyT,

I didn't know about the Document Monitor plug-in. Nice find! :) Good tips on how to setup NP++, too :)

@ Rene: Maybe a link to Bobby's post in post1?

Have fun!

Radar =8^)
Check out my new, (well, old now), manual trade & automatic scale-in manager,
StackManV2
renexxxx
Trader

HGIMatrix

Post by renexxxx »

BobbyT » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:23 pm wrote: This will give you an output like this: 18:10:45 RAD UP signal for GBPCHF on D1 (2). If you require dates for historical reasons then change TIME_SECONDS to TIME_DATE|TIME_SECONDS.
Thanks BobbyT! Good addition. I will add this to the version(s) in post 1.
BobbyT » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:23 pm wrote: Rene, I'm not sure if this is normal or not but the matrix keeps spitting out updates even with no incoming tick data/updated symbols. Alerting the same 8 updates every minute on the dot. I guess the Matrix refreshes every 60 seconds but I figured it would get over trying to tell me about these updates after a few goes. It's not a major bug. Just a weird one :smile:
Yes, HGIMatrixMTF keeps running during the festive season ... it never stops :) And you're also right about the 8 Alerts. This is actually a bug that was introduced by the ShowOnlyHurst parameter. When there is no Hurst-agreement on any timeframe for a certain symbol, that symbol is bypassed in the loop and it's 'oldSignal' is not updated -- so each time it 'sees' a difference and therefore an Alert is issued. This has now been fixed in version 20. Thanks BobbyT for testing, even on Xmas-day!

Updates 20 and 20L in post 1.
Haggadah
Trader

HGIMatrix

Post by Haggadah »

renexxxx » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:21 am wrote:
BobbyT » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:23 pm wrote: This will give you an output like this: 18:10:45 RAD UP signal for GBPCHF on D1 (2). If you require dates for historical reasons then change TIME_SECONDS to TIME_DATE|TIME_SECONDS.
Thanks BobbyT! Good addition. I will add this to the version(s) in post 1.
BobbyT » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:23 pm wrote: Rene, I'm not sure if this is normal or not but the matrix keeps spitting out updates even with no incoming tick data/updated symbols. Alerting the same 8 updates every minute on the dot. I guess the Matrix refreshes every 60 seconds but I figured it would get over trying to tell me about these updates after a few goes. It's not a major bug. Just a weird one :smile:
Yes, HGIMatrixMTF keeps running during the festive season ... it never stops :) And you're also right about the 8 Alerts. This is actually a bug that was introduced by the ShowOnlyHurst parameter. When there is no Hurst-agreement on any timeframe for a certain symbol, that symbol is bypassed in the loop and it's 'oldSignal' is not updated -- so each time it 'sees' a difference and therefore an Alert is issued. This has now been fixed in version 20. Thanks BobbyT for testing, even on Xmas-day!

Updates 20 and 20L in post 1.
Rene,

Adding a short cut link (by clicking a symbol) from the dashboard to an individual pair chart would be a nice.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Haggadah

Return to “Indicators and matrixes”