Intraday HGI or what ever is next :)

Includes an archive of all previous Bob stuff
Radar
Trader

MTF Hurst Ribbons

Post by Radar »

Hey Doug,

So, I had a play with Gringoh's Hurst Ribbon indicator, plugged it into Padnoter's T3MA_Ribbon_Multi, and got to see 4 luvverly ribbons - current chart, + next 3 up :)

The idea was that if we had the 3 ribbons heading in the same direction, we could adjust our stops & extend our TP, which we can do, but...

If I tried to get a ribbon for a timeframe 4 steps up, I had a long, loooong wait :(

More than likely, it's my implementation that's causing the problem.

Another idea has come to mind, though...

Pips400 wrote a nice little indicator Hurst Target.mq4...

So, I'm thinking of a windowed MTF indicator, which would show us when a cross-over occurred, and how far away the target is...

It would look like the STO, with matching colours for target (as either TargetPrice, or PipsToTarget (or both)) & lines for each timeframe.

I figure we've got enough indicators to tell us when to get into a trade, and whilst HGI tells us when to get in & out, an MTF Hurst Target will let us know whether to go for the quick profit, or to adjust our stops for the longer haul ;)

Have fun!

Radar =8^)
Check out my new, (well, old now), manual trade & automatic scale-in manager,
StackManV2
slowkey
Trader

MTF Hurst Ribbons

Post by slowkey »

Radar » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:31 am wrote:Hey Doug,

So, I had a play with Gringoh's Hurst Ribbon indicator, plugged it into Padnoter's T3MA_Ribbon_Multi, and got to see 4 luvverly ribbons - current chart, + next 3 up :)

The idea was that if we had the 3 ribbons heading in the same direction, we could adjust our stops & extend our TP, which we can do, but...

If I tried to get a ribbon for a timeframe 4 steps up, I had a long, loooong wait :(

More than likely, it's my implementation that's causing the problem.

Another idea has come to mind, though...

Pips400 wrote a nice little indicator Hurst Target.mq4...

So, I'm thinking of a windowed MTF indicator, which would show us when a cross-over occurred, and how far away the target is...

It would look like the STO, with matching colours for target (as either TargetPrice, or PipsToTarget (or both)) & lines for each timeframe.

I figure we've got enough indicators to tell us when to get into a trade, and whilst HGI tells us when to get in & out, an MTF Hurst Target will let us know whether to go for the quick profit, or to adjust our stops for the longer haul ;)

Have fun!

Radar =8^)
Sound like an interesting approach ... I would be interested in seeing it.

Cheers, :)
Doug
The Gann Ribbons ... A new tool for looking at Time Periods, Price and Dynamic S/R in any system.

Now using HGI on 60 minutes and up & 10.7 with Hurst Targets intraday.
Bob's HGI Fourm
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3524

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."

Albert Einstein
Radar
Trader

Windowed Hurst X-Over & Target Indy

Post by Radar »

Hey Doug,

I'm still thinking of this one, but haven't got my head around how to code it yet :(

Have fun!

Radar =8^)
Check out my new, (well, old now), manual trade & automatic scale-in manager,
StackManV2
slowkey
Trader

Windowed Hurst X-Over & Target Indy

Post by slowkey »

Radar » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:41 pm wrote:Hey Doug,

I'm still thinking of this one, but haven't got my head around how to code it yet :(

Have fun!

Radar =8^)
Thanks Radar, A new year and lots to explore in do time. Thanks for all your help last year. Good health to you in the year to come.

Cheers, :D
Doug
The Gann Ribbons ... A new tool for looking at Time Periods, Price and Dynamic S/R in any system.

Bob's HGI Fourm

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."

Albert Einstein
slowkey
Trader

Post by slowkey »

Bob has had released now an HGI 60 minute indicator for HGI. I do not trade that time period. If I decide to look at that I will post here.
However I like the 15 & 5 minute the most so that is where I spend my time trading.

My take on HGI is that to the extent that it relies on True TMA it can only be accurate and effective on the 60 minute and up time periods.

Saying that though I have no idea how the different signals are derived and if Bob makes a version that will do intraday I will take a look at it here.

Any signal from an indicator can look good historically especially when TMA is involved.

10.7 tuned to the 60 and 240 time periods remains the best intraday signal in my mind.

Doug

Bob's HGI Fourm

Albert Einstein
Jhlewis
Trader

Post by Jhlewis »

Which version is optimized for 60m? My search for it is coming up empty.

Thanks
slowkey
Trader

Post by slowkey »

Jhlewis » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:05 am wrote:Which version is optimized for 60m? My search for it is coming up empty.

Thanks
You will find it on page 96 in the HGI thread. About the 3rd post down.

http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... it=hgi+16#

Doug

Bob's HGI Fourm

Albert Einstein
Jhlewis
Trader

Post by Jhlewis »

Thanks man!
rudy5

Post by rudy5 »

Awesome thread slowkey

What settings do you change on the mtf sto? Doesn't it adjust automatically to the current tf?
slowkey
Trader

Post by slowkey »

rudy5 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:00 am wrote:Awesome thread slowkey

What settings do you change on the mtf sto? Doesn't it adjust automatically to the current tf?
You can download the package in the Gann 10.7 thread. The 2015 package is set to 60 and 240 time periods. They do not adjust automatically. Seems to be the best setting for the 15 minute time period.

Doug

Bob's HGI Fourm

Albert Einstein

Return to “Nanningbob's Holy Grail Indicator forum”