HGI Trades short TF

Includes an archive of all previous Bob stuff
emene
Trader

GBP/CAD M5 SCALP

Post by emene »

Here is a quick scalp on GBPCAD M5. There was a bit more to take this morning after yesterday's move down. Entered on the HGI signal at candle close with M5 trend aiming at demand area below.

Heiken ashi indicator is just to add a PA filter, I generally do not use it but I figured it could help some traders with a more cautious approach and filter some signals by waiting for the first HA candle in the right direction after the signal as confirmation. But I am sure this has been discussed many times here already.
gcad.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."
-Warren Buffett
emene
Trader

GBCAD#2

Post by emene »

Another one. Same process. Signal was there but disappeared when changing TF. It was then followed by a buy signal but HA candle was red after my entry and Buy signal hence ignored. Target has now been hit. That's 36p more.
gcad.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."
-Warren Buffett
emene
Trader

EURJPY

Post by emene »

Long HGI trend signal on M5 in H1 demand area. Waited for the first HA candle to turn bullish and entered (if you look at real PA it was a nice engulfing candle).

Placed SL below the low as the engulfing candle is a good enough protection (being breached means weakness). Cut half at +20p and letting it run, was a scalp but you never know, there's a bit of room above here.

Was confident enough as the recent spike up that you see removed the small intermediate supply on the left.
EJ.png
-Warren Buffett
milanese
TechAdmin

HGI Trades short TF

Post by milanese »

I moved your posts to a seperate topic, as it would be some what to much for the main HGI thread.... feel free to change the topic title to what ever you find best..

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
emene
Trader

EURAUD

Post by emene »

Another quick one. Didn't have time to take the screen capture live as I was finishing my last post.

Signal down followed by red HA candle.

Selling into demand is not for everyone but notice how each bounce was becoming weaker. Surely some bulls were expecting a move and were shaken by this one. Quite a classic although not the easiest.

+18p.
euraud.png
-Warren Buffett
emene
Trader

HGI Trades short TF

Post by emene »

Perfect thank you.
milanese » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:52 pm wrote:I moved your posts to a seperate topic, as it would be some what to much for the main HGI thread.... feel free to change the topic title to what ever you find best..

Cheers :)

Tommaso
-Warren Buffett
Panamamike
Trader

HGI Trades short TF

Post by Panamamike »

Nice trading. A couple of questions. Do you select pairs based on recent strength weakness from a currency meter? Which signals from the indi do you trade? Only trend signals in direction of string vs weak or HTF trend? Would you care to post your Indies and template?
emene
Trader

HGI Trades short TF

Post by emene »

Hi I will not post indy and template because there is no use to that as there is more to the trading that the template ad indies and it would mean: apply the template and it will work. Which of course is not the best approach for anyone.

The supply and demand indy is from this website. SS_SupportResistance V06
Th heiken Ashi candles you have them directly in Empty4.
And HGI, well, you know.

That's all there is to it :)

I pay attention of course to the current dynamic in the market to filter bad or silly trades. I always have HTF situation in mind. Always. I do not use YET the currency strength helper. I trade trend signals of HGI.
Panamamike » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:23 pm wrote:Nice trading. A couple of questions. Do you select pairs based on recent strength weakness from a currency meter? Which signals from the indi do you trade? Only trend signals in direction of string vs weak or HTF trend? Would you care to post your Indies and template?
-Warren Buffett
Panamamike
Trader

HGI Trades short TF

Post by Panamamike »

emene » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:32 am wrote:Hi I will not post indy and template because there is no use to that as there is more to the trading that the template ad indies and it would mean: apply the template and it will work. Which of course is not the best approach for anyone.

The supply and demand indy is from this website. SS_SupportResistance V06
Th heiken Ashi candles you have them directly in Empty4.
And HGI, well, you know.

That's all there is to it :)

I pay attention of course to the current dynamic in the market to filter bad or silly trades. I always have HTF situation in mind. Always. I do not use YET the currency strength helper. I trade trend signals of HGI.
Panamamike » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:23 pm wrote:Nice trading. A couple of questions. Do you select pairs based on recent strength weakness from a currency meter? Which signals from the indi do you trade? Only trend signals in direction of string vs weak or HTF trend? Would you care to post your Indies and template?
The SD Indy was the one I was wondering which you use. I have been dong much the same on 15 min with good success. Had not looked at 5 min yet. I have been using a CSM to select the session pairs to trade. I look at strongst vs weakest on 4hr and daily....wait for a pullback on 15 min....the trade the next signal back in the trend direction.
emene
Trader

HGI Trades short TF

Post by emene »

Sounds perfect. Not much in front of the screen right now, I hope you found what you were looking for somewhere in the forum.
Panamamike » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:16 pm wrote:
The SD Indy was the one I was wondering which you use. I have been dong much the same on 15 min with good success. Had not looked at 5 min yet. I have been using a CSM to select the session pairs to trade. I look at strongst vs weakest on 4hr and daily....wait for a pullback on 15 min....the trade the next signal back in the trend direction.
-Warren Buffett

Return to “Nanningbob's Holy Grail Indicator forum”